Projects? What are you working on?

JunkyardDog1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Anyone else have a mountain of items that always need attention? Got the trailer for free, stripped it. Need an axle, few brackets and a light kit. Tiller was from one of my brother in laws smaller tractors. Have to modify top link set up and make a new pto shaft. If something at my house isn't half finished or needing modified, its probably not mine lol. How about you?

Attachments

• 20240414_092450.jpg
    20240414_092450.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240414_092408.jpg
    20240414_092408.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Nottylu, Tommy10 and 5 others
IMG_4413.jpeg
This is a project boat 30% complete

Reactions: Woncrinklz, BobbiSueEllen, HappilyDiapered03 and 5 others
Got several projects cookin'.

Drive gear for garage door opener stripped out. The torsion spring needed tightened up. Now I need to replace the plastic worm & drive gears

Gotta get the push & riding mowers out & get them ready for the 2024 season. Father-in-law passed early this year, so mother-in-law needs her lawn looked after from now on.

Had a new porch put on my house late last year. Now the weathers is turning nice I need to get some top soil and fill in along the edges of the new front sidewalk and seed it

Gotta get a new washing machine. (That was a post on here about that)

Need to get my basement storage room reorganized with new shelves.

Father-in-law passed away in January, so I need to get over to his workshop and get that mess cleaned up.

Yep, got enough to keep me busy for a while

• Wow
Reactions: Woncrinklz, BobbiSueEllen, JunkyardDog1 and 1 other person
I need to do something with the yard. It's a barren wasteland. I put down grass seed but I suspect I need to water it more. Only problem is I'm starting from dirt so I suspect it may be a battle.

Outside of the yard I'm making more headache and chores for myself. I'm trying to smartfify my house. Only problem with that is it's costly, and I don't think there is much resale value being added to the house by doing it.

Something I keep saying I'm going to do is buy a 3d printer and electronics boards like Arduino and start making robots and stuff. Only problem with that is it's gonna take dedication and time to learn all that. I already spend a lot of time working so I feel spent by the end of the day.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, BobbiSueEllen, JunkyardDog1 and 1 other person
I’m always coming up with more and more projects… It’s a never ending list at this point but at least the flower beds are getting mulched today. The 80 tons of asphalt millings that I have to spread is just going to have to wait till next week

Reactions: JunkyardDog1 and TrashPanda01
I always have a bunch I’m trying to finish. Currently, I’m trying to redo our patio area in time for late spring/summer outdoor eating and entertaining. I built a fire pit table and am working on a 3 seat sofa and two matching chairs. They are assembled, and I need to fill gaps, sand, and finish. Then it is building some planters and a small countertop/storage area beside my grill and smoker. Other unfinished projects include organizing our downstairs offices/music/exercise room, finish putting in molding where I installed new flooring and redid our stairs last fall (still need the quarter round to go in), and replacing the faucets in two bathrooms. I’m sure there will be more before I finish these!

Attachments

• IMG_6308.jpeg
    IMG_6308.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6245.jpeg
    IMG_6245.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, HappilyDiapered03, moorey and 3 others
I should get rid of the heating oil tank next to the house, 5,5 cubic meters iron cube, half underground. Fortunately it's empty. I already dug it out, next step is to saw the iron. I can take 25-30 kg pieces by my wheelbarrow 50 meters through the garden to the street. And I need a truck to deliver the metal to the recycling point. It will be a pleasant summer activity.

Reactions: JunkyardDog1 and moorey
Only thing I'm working on is my train set but Big bear keeps getting in the way. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_100134868.jpg
    IMG_20230317_100134868.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, SnepperStepper, denimchicken and 4 others
My projects are usually music oriented like learning a new piece. That said, I have a lot of yard work to catch up on.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, moorey and JunkyardDog1
MarciAnn said:
Only thing I'm working on is my train set but Big bear keeps getting in the way. :ROFLMAO:
My father in law has a no.2 narrow Guage steam engine on tracks in his yard, near functional. We live 1/4 mi from a popular stop in its day. My close friend has a setup in his basement of 6 tracks and over 100 cars from his collection and his grandfather. His grandfather worked the Pennsylvania railroad for 43 yrs.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and dogboy
I have three houses to maintain. Our primary, a 2nd home about 90 minutes away, as an escape from reality. One of which is in process of being sold, but it comes with a maintenance person>>> me. Our youngest is buying and ready to learn. I also have three projects in the garage, a 1995 f150 4x4, my beach truck, a 1965 Ford Country Sedan wagon, my first car, and a 1966 Mustang... plain jane 289, C4 trans. Then there are a few community things I do. Good thing I just retired two weeks ago.... whew.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, SnepperStepper, dogboy and 1 other person
I have been upgrading scopes on my rifles. And getting them zeroed.

Reactions: cantwait, BobbiSueEllen and JunkyardDog1
JunkyardDog1 said:
Anyone else have a mountain of items that always need attention? Got the trailer for free, stripped it. Need an axle, few brackets and a light kit. Tiller was from one of my brother in laws smaller tractors. Have to modify top link set up and make a new pto shaft. If something at my house isn't half finished or needing modified, its probably not mine lol. How about you?
Yes! A fellow Yanmar owner! I love my 324, but it's quite a bit newer than your awesome vintage one! I just finished up 1100' of French drain around my yard (its a big yard, and I have backhoe and front bucket attachments).

That tiller is so small - any chance you might look for a proper cat 1 tiller instead? I picked up a used 4 footer and it handles fine behind mine, I bet yours could handle it as well.

Reactions: dogboy and JunkyardDog1
Update:
Moving right along, Got the John Deere ride mower fired up, got mother-in-law's push mower fired up. Mowed her lawn. Raked and used my vac & mulch tool to suck up & mulch up old leaves around her house. I emptied 3 trash containers full of compost at the city recycle center from mother-in-law's. Got my push mower out & mowered my yard. Helped spread 5 yards of red landscapping rock with wheelbarrow & shovels around my church. Plotter cut vinyl reflective letters for my paster's mailbox & his boat.
I somehow got a rosebush thorn splinter in my right thumb. It got VERY tender & swollen. Went into the ER lastnight and they dug it out. So today is lay back, rest up & heal up.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, TheGazelle, tempestcd and 1 other person
DiaperedCherub said:
Update:
Moving right along, Got the John Deere ride mower fired up, got mother-in-law's push mower fired up. Mowed her lawn. Raked and used my vac & mulch tool to suck up & mulch up old leaves around her house. I emptied 3 trash containers full of compost at the city recycle center from mother-in-law's. Got my push mower out & mowered my yard. Helped spread 5 yards of red landscapping rock with wheelbarrow & shovels around my church. Plotter cut vinyl reflective letters for my paster's mailbox & his boat.
I somehow got a rosebush thorn splinter in my right thumb. It got VERY tender & swollen. Went into the ER lastnight and they dug it out. So today is lay back, rest up & heal up.
Yous on a mission bruh. Lol. I got that tiller semi functional, need to adjust top link for more depth and add weight to help hydraulics sink down. Ended up tracking buckets of mulch with the backhoe yesterday for in the yard aroundb trees. I need to mow but it has rained so much the yard is still swampy in some areas. Settled on weedeating instead lol.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and DiaperedCherub
Tommy10 said:
Yes! A fellow Yanmar owner! I love my 324, but it's quite a bit newer than your awesome vintage one! I just finished up 1100' of French drain around my yard (its a big yard, and I have backhoe and front bucket attachments).

That tiller is so small - any chance you might look for a proper cat 1 tiller instead? I picked up a used 4 footer and it handles fine behind mine, I bet yours could handle it as well.
It was a free tiller just doing nothing. And I had enough shit laying around that I was able to modify it to fit. The tractor was also free. I have a 26hp Kubota with front and rear buckets so the yanmar just does random chores. I have a cub cadet strictly for mowing only.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Tommy10
tempestcd said:
I have three houses to maintain. Our primary, a 2nd home about 90 minutes away, as an escape from reality. One of which is in process of being sold, but it comes with a maintenance person>>> me. Our youngest is buying and ready to learn. I also have three projects in the garage, a 1995 f150 4x4, my beach truck, a 1965 Ford Country Sedan wagon, my first car, and a 1966 Mustang... plain jane 289, C4 trans. Then there are a few community things I do. Good thing I just retired two weeks ago.... whew.
Ugh, don't get me started on vehicles lol. My daily is a 1989 f150 so you can imagine maintenence requirements. Plus the other 7 in the yard that I've been slowly dragging in to fix up. A wagon huh? Like the sounds of that.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and tempestcd
JunkyardDog1 said:
Ugh, don't get me started on vehicles lol. My daily is a 1989 f150 so you can imagine maintenence requirements. Plus the other 7 in the yard that I've been slowly dragging in to fix up. A wagon huh? Like the sounds of that.
"Martha" was/is my first car. 3rd in family to own it. She became mine in 1979. Body is in the Galaxie family. Square nose.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
This used to belong to my wife's grandfather. It's a 1931 Chevrolet Five Passenger Coupe (their version of the Vicky).

Originally we were going to take it back to original, but then we found the engine block was cracked in 18 places and the cylinder head cracked in 12. We had a spare cylinder head and that one was cracked in 24 places! OK, a resto-rod it will be!

The frame rails have all been boxed, there's a new Mustang II front end on it, new 9-inch rear, new center section and the four-bolt main 350 is mounted with a 700R4 transmission behind it. Slowly working on replacing the wood frame of the body with steel.

Haven't been able to get a lot of time on it lately, life has gotten in the way.

20200515_125340.jpg

Reactions: Woncrinklz, livinginadiaper, SnepperStepper and 6 others
JunkyardDog1 said:
My list is never ending, working on veg gardens and greenhouse right now, planting season is here. Next is bees and birds are nesting, sometime this summer I got a boat in pasture I'd really like to go fishing with. One day at a time, atleast I'm not the only one.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, KittyninjaW and JunkyardDog1
Back