Post is all good

durgan87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Well on Friday I had my final post-op appointment for my Supra-pubic catheter, they finally changed the catheter and examined the stoma. It was far more traumatic than I thought it would be. The area was a bit crusty an the balloon didn't inflate all the way. So it just had to be removed partly inflated, but everything looks great and it's healing well. The doctor still want too give me sometime before taking the old battery from the old neuro-stimulartor out. So far the capped Supra-pubic catheter is working well, needs to be drain, every two to three hours off I leak from both the stoma and my penis. So that's a sucky reminder, but I can feel somewhat before that point so, it's only happened a couple times. The best news is I've gotten and started trained my new service dog, last Thrusday the 2nd. His name is Parson he is a Liver and White English, Springer Spaniel, currently 10 weeks old and around 15.6 pounds. He's potty trained, has learned to sit, walk on a leash, come when called, and he's already alerting to my migraines and seizures, with more training to come.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Bombyx
Hi there, sorry the surgery's been traumatic, but I'm glad you're healing well.
Allow yourself time to recover from this - once things are healed it should make your life a lot easier to manage.
Hope your training with Parson goes well - a few of my disabled friends have service dogs, for different reasons, but all of them say having an assistance dog helps them a lot.

Best of luck!

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Diprs2
Back