POLlL: Double diapers, boosters or baby diaper stuffers?

Do you prefer to double diaper, use boosters or baby diapers as stuffers?

• Double Doaper

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Boosters

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Baby Diapers

Votes: 14 21.5%

• Total voters

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I’m usually just a one diaper kind of person myself but sometimes it’s fun to make things extra poofy! 😊
So that got me thinking…
Which method is best?
Double diapering,
Boosters
Or using baby diapers as stuffers.

What’s your preference and why?

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Cottontail
Baby diapers for this bunny, both cloth and disposable. Toddler prefolds make great boosters for adult cloth diapers, and I always have some Pampers or Luvs on hand, mostly because they make my stash tubs smell nice, but I sometimes use them as boosters too. They don’t add much to the absorbency of something like Little Kings or PeekABUs, but finding ways to use actual baby products always makes me feel littler.

Reactions: littledub1955, Pinkman123, babybobby and 3 others
Cottontail said:
I always have some Pampers or Luvs on hand, mostly because they make my stash tubs smell nice, but I sometimes use them as boosters too. They don’t add much to the absorbency of something like Little Kings or PeekABUs, but finding ways to use actual baby products always makes me feel littler.
I do this too. I love the smell and they’re cheap boosters. Plus, they’re real baby products so that’s always fun.

Reactions: Cottontail
When I go about thickening diapers, it is in order to prolong wear/usage and minimize changes. So, boosters for me, as that is what they’re meant to do. Whether it’s aesthetics or functionality you’re going after, boosters can be layered on as you desire.

I have tried double-diapering in the past as well. It can make wearing them uncomfortably thick though. And, because I not only wear but use, in order to make them functional and absorb correctly, you have to do surgery on them. I also think about the costs when doing this. When double diapering, are you wearing the set for the total duration you would normally wear two diapers or going through them at a faster rate? If one diaper is acting like a booster, are you really getting the same amount of value out of it if it’s not being used to its “full potential” as a standalone product? Probably better off stuffing your diapers with boosters so that you’re not going through diapers as fast, which are more expensive. As mentioned previously, you can stack and pile them on to your heart’s content, provided you can still tape the diaper up.

Don’t get me wrong. I do still double-diaper. However, nowadays, I do so with defective diapers. I have on multiple occasions come across diapers in a pack missing a tape or a slit in the outer shell (which is another benefit of fluffing your diapers folks; gives you a chance to inspect them before putting on and leaking). They would not work out so well on their own and I don’t wanna throw them out unused. And, instead of wearing defective diapers, I have used them as a coaster or to mop up a spill before. Heck, I even remember when my mom switched to disposables, instead of getting rid of the cloth diapers, she used them as cleaning rags for the bathroom. Ironic, I know 🤣

As far as stuffing adult diapers with baby diapers goes, once again, it requires an art project to make them operational. Be that as it may, I have also tried this out too with Huggies and Goodnites.

Not sure whether to refer to this as a binge or a purge, but there have been times that in order to deplete my stock before moving on to another diaper I am more interested in wearing, I will go through diapers much faster than usual. I wear a diaper for about eight hours on average before changing. When binging/purging, however you want to look at it, I will wear them for two hours and then get changed. I’ll drink extra water and if that’s not getting the diapers wet enough fast enough, I’ll pour water into them so that I feel like they’re being used close to full capacity.

It’s interesting users above mention wanting to use actual baby products to feel more babyish. When I did that, I had a hard time feeling that way. Actual babies don’t wear double diapers (unless they’re cloth perhaps). Saw someone joking about a similar concept on another thread. When adults squeeze into baby diapers, it looks less babyish than what they’re intending because butt cheeks are peeking out and it looks more like a thong. It certainly won’t hold a significant amount of adult waste. I too do enjoy the scent of baby diapers and can appreciate that some adult diapers are starting to come that way too. There are now adult sized onesies, bibs, bottles, pacis, etc. We don’t have to use as many baby products nowadays. But I certainly understand the nostalgia, which is why it’s still baby wipes, baby lotion, and baby powder I use 🥰

Reactions: Pinkman123, theancientmariner and gnd567
I have been experimenting with all three methods and I’m coming to the conclusion that I think I prefer boasters though baby diapers are cheaper, you just have to remove the tabs.

Reactions: littledub1955
I have experimented with double diapers and have had amazing wearibillity and absorbency results.

Last edited:
My personal preference is for booster pads, because I can just take them out of the package and use them in my diaper with the only preparation needed being peeling off the backing paper for the adhesive if needed.

I do like to try a variety of diapers and try a bag at a time. So far I have been able to use them all as regular diapers. If for some reason I dislike them, I would consider trimming them down and using them up as either liners or boosters, depending of if I felt like cutting slits in the bottom.

Reactions: diaperdude
Doubled up is a scam - it never seems to work for me!! I poke or slash then really soak, and still can never get the outside one at all wet. Boosters all the way! And if I really need to “double up”, I just put a dry diaper on underneath the wet one. Baby diapers or good/drynites are nice for stuffers sometimes - they have such great designs!
Interesting to see what others think 😁

Reactions: littledub1955
How about double diapers AND boosters? Make a really nice, thick diaper!

Every night a high capacity diaper and booster and some times two

I vote for baby diapers, with boosters a second choice and double disposable diapering a very distant third. I don't need extra padding very often now, because I wear premium disposable diapers. For a time , though, I did use Luvs 5 or 6 inside a store brand diaper. That arrangement worked reasonably well. I became Curious George's good friend. (His image is, or was on Luvs 6) And, although I'm not especially AB, I did like knowing I was wearing a baby diaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955 and theancientmariner
Boosters and baby diapers as stuffers are a must!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: theancientmariner
LilHotRod said:
When I go about thickening diapers, it is in order to prolong wear/usage and minimize changes. So, boosters for me, as that is what they’re meant to do. Whether it’s aesthetics or functionality you’re going after, boosters can be layered on as you desire.

I have tried double-diapering in the past as well. It can make wearing them uncomfortably thick though. And, because I not only wear but use, in order to make them functional and absorb correctly, you have to do surgery on them. I also think about the costs when doing this. When double diapering, are you wearing the set for the total duration you would normally wear two diapers or going through them at a faster rate? If one diaper is acting like a booster, are you really getting the same amount of value out of it if it’s not being used to its “full potential” as a standalone product? Probably better off stuffing your diapers with boosters so that you’re not going through diapers as fast, which are more expensive. As mentioned previously, you can stack and pile them on to your heart’s content, provided you can still tape the diaper up.

Don’t get me wrong. I do still double-diaper. However, nowadays, I do so with defective diapers. I have on multiple occasions come across diapers in a pack missing a tape or a slit in the outer shell (which is another benefit of fluffing your diapers folks; gives you a chance to inspect them before putting on and leaking). They would not work out so well on their own and I don’t wanna throw them out unused. And, instead of wearing defective diapers, I have used them as a coaster or to mop up a spill before. Heck, I even remember when my mom switched to disposables, instead of getting rid of the cloth diapers, she used them as cleaning rags for the bathroom. Ironic, I know 🤣

As far as stuffing adult diapers with baby diapers goes, once again, it requires an art project to make them operational. Be that as it may, I have also tried this out too with Huggies and Goodnites.

Not sure whether to refer to this as a binge or a purge, but there have been times that in order to deplete my stock before moving on to another diaper I am more interested in wearing, I will go through diapers much faster than usual. I wear a diaper for about eight hours on average before changing. When binging/purging, however you want to look at it, I will wear them for two hours and then get changed. I’ll drink extra water and if that’s not getting the diapers wet enough fast enough, I’ll pour water into them so that I feel like they’re being used close to full capacity.

It’s interesting users above mention wanting to use actual baby products to feel more babyish. When I did that, I had a hard time feeling that way. Actual babies don’t wear double diapers (unless they’re cloth perhaps). Saw someone joking about a similar concept on another thread. When adults squeeze into baby diapers, it looks less babyish than what they’re intending because butt cheeks are peeking out and it looks more like a thong. It certainly won’t hold a significant amount of adult waste. I too do enjoy the scent of baby diapers and can appreciate that some adult diapers are starting to come that way too. There are now adult sized onesies, bibs, bottles, pacis, etc. We don’t have to use as many baby products nowadays. But I certainly understand the nostalgia, which is why it’s still baby wipes, baby lotion, and baby powder I use 🥰
I, too have taken diapers under surgery for doubling them up. Let me know if you have a different method, but what I do is cut a slit in the back, and stuff the 2nd one inside between the padding and the plastic all the way to the front, and seal it in with duct tape. Now, it's twice as absorbent, and the leg guards won't be compromised. Baby diapers are easier. All I do is put one in the front, point myself upwards so I pee directly into the baby diaper, and let it leak into my main one. I know this isn't possible for women, but I'm sure they have their ways too.

Antientmariner said:
I, too have taken diapers under surgery for doubling them up. Let me know if you have a different method, but what I do is cut a slit in the back, and stuff the 2nd one inside between the padding and the plastic all the way to the front, and seal it in with duct tape. Now, it's twice as absorbent, and the leg guards won't be compromised. Baby diapers are easier. All I do is put one in the front, point myself upwards so I pee directly into the baby diaper, and let it leak into my main one. I know this isn't possible for women, but I'm sure they have their ways too.
Regarding the method I used, I would cut either one or three slits in the “booster diaper”, sometimes from just below the rear waistband to just below the front waistband and other times, just a few inches at the crotch. Scissors were used at times; other times, I would just tear rips into them. The depth of the cuts varied too and could be just through the outer shell or through the padding and into the inside. The “diaper booster” would be put on as normal and then the diaper would follow. Changing was that much more of a chore as there was wet SAP to deal with, which at times had to be cleaned from my skin.

All of that... Better bulk - bigger bulk

Ive always liked boosters. Double diapers just feel like a waste bc you cant really use the outside diaper to its full extent. Abu europe boosters are like my favriote thing ever bc they are so thick it feels like your double diapered and they hold sooo much.

Back