Pocket nappies/diapers and large inco pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiftiesKid

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Does anyone use large shaped pads, Tena comfort or equivalent, in a pocket nappy rather than securing the pad with net pants?

I currently wear Tena slip out and about during the day, because I don't find a pad and net pants comfortable, and don't feel confident that they won't shift around and leak. But, because I can usually get to a toilet in time, I have to un-tape and refasten the slips a few times during the day, with the tabs getting less effective each time.

So, I am planning to try a Tena comfort, or similar, inside the pocket of a PUL pocket nappy. This will be more secure than a pad and net pants, I hope, but has anyone tried this and found any issues with this method?

TIA

i am not sure if this will help but giving it a shot. i don't know what a pad and net pants is, but i do at times use a pocket diaper/nappy. they have worked good for me. the pocket diaper you can insert washable boosters or disposable both stay in place. and with you using the toilet they can slide down and up easy and refastened as needed. the ones i have used are the Rearz they fasten either with snaps or velcro and you can adjust the sizing.

Joeysms said:
i am not sure if this will help but giving it a shot. i don't know what a pad and net pants is, but i do at times use a pocket diaper/nappy. they have worked good for me. the pocket diaper you can insert washable boosters or disposable both stay in place. and with you using the toilet they can slide down and up easy and refastened as needed. the ones i have used are the Rearz they fasten either with snaps or velcro and you can adjust the sizing.
Thanks for that. I just looked at the Rearz snap fastening nappy and it is pretty much what I was thinking of trying from Amazon (but in boring plain colours ;)). You've also answered my other concern which was the pad staying in place.

net pants are close fitting elasticated netting pants used with large shaped pads (basically a diaper put without the wings and tapes to hold it in place) to supposedly hold them close to the body. I used this system briefly, supplied by the NHS, when I was waiting to see the urologist. I hated them; they didn't feel secure at all.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Joeysms
FiftiesKid said:
Thanks for that. I just looked at the Rearz snap fastening nappy and it is pretty much what I was thinking of trying from Amazon (but in boring plain colours ;)). You've also answered my other concern which was the pad staying in place.

net pants are close fitting elasticated netting pants used with large shaped pads (basically a diaper put without the wings and tapes to hold it in place) to supposedly hold them close to the body. I used this system briefly, supplied by the NHS, when I was waiting to see the urologist. I hated them; they didn't feel secure at all.
Gald i can help. i like the Rearz, for you can add inserts/booster/pads to fit your need at the time. the various designs can be very cool.

I find the net pants totally useless for anything diaper related. I often use shaped pads (Tena Comfort, Attends, Molicare) and they work
reasonable good if you use something that holds them in place. Easy to slide down with your underwear when you can use a toilet.
Both a pocket nappy or a full coverage tight fitting underwear with a wide crotch works.
I actually use a woman's "granny panty" with boxers over to keep the pads in place.
They comes in neutral colors also, but it's not for everybody's liking.

My favorite pad is Attends, because they have good capacity and leak guards in case of a larger void.

Reactions: 247 and FiftiesKid
I started with Tena Lady pads with granny panties. But I was looking for more adsorption and wanted to avoid the small leaks on the panties. For situations when bathrooms are not available immediately when required 🙄
So I switched to Tena Confort Normal (smallest of the Tena Comfort) for a while. Like you, I wanted something discreet, allowing to go to the bathroom and easy to replace. The medical store suggested those kind of products with net pants. But never found net pants effective or comfortable... The protection always shifted and then sagged when wet. Resulting in leaks around the legs.
Also found that they have a wet feeling.

So I switched back to Tena Lady pads (night). They are more comfortable (due to their shape) and more discreet. And you would be astonished how absorbant their are. An entire small void if fine (perfect with OAB and frequent urges).
Shifting, sagging and slight leaking is still an issue but less than with bigger tena confort pads.

Now, when more absorption is needed, I resigned to wear pull ups. They are less uncomfortable and more discrete when wet than big pads. But more difficult to replace...

Reactions: FiftiesKid
If there's a chance you'll want to swap out the pad without also swapping the cover, I'd advise against a pocket diaper. Even if you secure the pad to the outside of the pocket, it seems likely that some of the pocket material by the leg cuffs will make contact with the edges of the pad and start wicking pee. You might also consider something like the Rearz diaper wraps, which are basically pocket diapers without a pocket. You don't really need the pocket to hold an adhesive backed pad anyway, so the pocket is just something else to get wet.

Reactions: FiftiesKid
Reactions: Joeysms
I got a few of the Rearz pocket diapers in the safari print a few weeks back, I thought they would be good over a disposable diaper in case it leaked. That’s good in theory, but the problem is that they tend to slide and lower, which is really annoying, that’s why I like the DL night plastic pants to go over my disposable diapers. I wish these came in the safari print so I could match them with the ridiculous amount of safari diapers that I have. It’s kind of weird matching the alpaca with the safari diapers . so to the people at Rearz, can you please make a Safari DL night cover to go over my safari Diapers. If you guys made this, I would replace all of my night covers with just the safari ones.

Reactions: RearzJacob
There is no pocket diaper that can compare with Ecoables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back