Plastics Ban in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

freechris

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I very very quickly skimmed over an announcement that Canada was going to ban single-use plastics.
I mean, I'm all for protecting the environment and all, but would this affect Canadian diaper retailers like Rearz and Forsite??

The bright side is they can move their diaper factories to the USA.

Canadas govt is notorious for rediculous blanket bans and power grabs like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955 and Jonnythepony
I can understand the cutting back on plastics use, but they would have a much harder time getting support for such a ban on medical products. Not just diapers, but think catheters, leg bags and colostomy supplies.

(On a side note, I can't be the only one who cannot stand those paper straws...)

Reactions: littledub1955
SuzakuAkatori said:
Canadas govt is notorious for rediculous blanket bans and power grabs like this.
Same in Britain.
And it's usually to counter problems which they've caused. Like, the recent sugar tax which was applied to soft drinks to counter the 'obesity epidemic' which they imported from America.
The blanketing then also covered cordials, even though nobody has the image of tubbies waddling out of supermarkets with bulk-packs of cordial in their minds.

We can only bide our time and see what happens, given the current world events. I mean, without oil, coal and gas, we won't be building any war machines to defend ourselves or our allies. And having such a production capacity is part and parcel of having a general manufacturing capacity and the consumer demand it caters for.

ade said:
Same in Britain.
And it's usually to counter problems which they've caused. Like, the recent sugar tax which was applied to soft drinks to counter the 'obesity epidemic' which they imported from America.
The blanketing then also covered cordials, even though nobody has the image of tubbies waddling out of supermarkets with bulk-packs of cordial in their minds.

We can only bide our time and see what happens, given the current world events. I mean, without oil, coal and gas, we won't be building any war machines to defend ourselves or our allies. And having such a production capacity is part and parcel of having a general manufacturing capacity and the consumer demand it caters for.
Newfoundland is implementing such a 'sugar tax' later this year conveniently after the summer tourism season slows down. Cant have the bars and pubs facing extra costs right? -_- The same sentiment is coming up here, but the government ignores common sense. Dont make the producers use healthy recipes, dont create a program to lower the costs of healthy alternatives. Nope just add a tax to anything high in sugar completely forgetting that some natural fruit juices are incredibly sweet.

I get climate change, we have to adjust our habits and what have you, but renewable alternatives arent there to take over the mantle yet and oil is pretty much in everything. It isnt going away any time soon. But hey, electric cars right? Nevermind the effort needed to get the minerals for those batteries... (Sorry, rant... im done :ROFLMAO:)

• Love
Reactions: Lightstreak2553 and Subtlerustle
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back