Plastic pants vs Diaper Wrap

BabyCyclist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Have anyone used diaper wrap or plastic pants to prevent leaks (espically compression leaks)? How effective are using diaper wrap vs plastic pants?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, KBoy and Cottontail
Adding to what @quartz200420012 said: Wraps are trimmer-fitting and probably won't completely cover a disposable diaper anyway. As well, because they have side/front closures, they'll be less helpful with side leaks. Once the wetness gets into those areas, it's comin' out for sure!

Plastic pants by themselves are certainly not ideal, although they can make what would have been an instant disaster slightly less instant. A better answer, as already said, is something with a liner. Or you might even just wear a pair of tighty whities between your diaper and plastic pants. That way, if something does get out of your diaper, there'll be some small amount of absorbency and you won't immediately have urine sloshing around in your plastic pants, looking for an exit.

Reactions: TigerDL, MikeyInNappies, BabyCyclist and 2 others
BabyCyclist said:
Have anyone used diaper wrap or plastic pants to prevent leaks (espically compression leaks)? How effective are using diaper wrap vs plastic pants?

Thanks in advance.
What is a diaper wrap?

BabyCyclist said:

Thanks in advance.
I have used both but much prefer plastic or real rubber pants.

I've worn plastic pants with both cloth and disposable diapers my whole life.

DLPeakOut said:
What is a diaper wrap?
It's a plastic pant which can be tied up either side-by-side or in the front of tummy.

1712905933511.png

This traditional diapering system was very popular in the Scandinavian peninsula - most particularly in Sweden from which its nickname «Snibb» originated - during the 1970s and 1980s; it fell out of fashion in the 1990s as many babies grew up with hourglass-shaped disposables.

Last edited:
Snibbs are what we used on our children back in the eighties and they were very good at keeping everything in and our furniture clothes bedding etc protected.
I have often thought about an adult sized version as I need to wrap all my nightime Nappy up and completely isolate it to prevent leaks as normal Plastic and PUL pants are not wide enough at the crotch to be wrapped back inside on themselves to create a seal/dam.
I did try to make one out of a refuse sack but could not get the size or shape right, eventually gave up the idea.
I would be very interested to know if adult size snibbs are available from somewhere hopefully in the UK ?

Reactions: BabylinoAddict
BabylinoAddict said:
It's a plastic pant which can be tied up either side-by-side or in the front of tummy.

View attachment 133870

This traditional diapering system was very popular in the Scandinavian peninsula - most particularly in Sweden from which its nickname «Snibb» originated - during the 1970s and 1980s; it fell out of fashion in the 1990s as many babies grew up with hourglass-shaped disposables.
Many thanks got it.

Reactions: BabylinoAddict
Back