Pets, pets, and more pets

dogboy said:
My dog died two weeks ago so I bought some bird seed this week and filled my bird feeder and left some bird seed on the ground. Now I have three squirrels who are enjoying the seed. The wierdest thing is that when I come outside, the squirrels don't run away from me. One of the squirrels will remain on the ground and just looks at me.

When I was a high school kid, I would feed the same squirrel my dad's sunflower seeds which were for the birds. Eventually the squirrel would come up to me every day after school and eat out of my hand. He would be waiting for me when school was out.
That's so cool! It's so great to have a perfectly "wild" critter trust your heart's goodness and accept you! The animal spirit world must have whispered to it to come to say hi to you, and it's okay!

I believe animals know a profound amount at a chord some people have forgotten all about—the universal innocence and trusting openness. They understand. They also love treats, that's also for sure!! But they get it with you. (some people just scare everything away!). It's good to have a good heart.🐿️💜❤️

Last edited:
Wondercrinkee said:
I've been bouncing all over the place and wanted to ask you what these little critters are? They look squirrel-like mixed with gerbil or hamster or I don't know. I read something up there, but is that what they are called or their names???? I'm very interested!! They are so darn cute!!!
Lololol I love them! Related to chinchillas and kind of a cross between them and a gerbil. The closest thing I can have to a rat in Alberta, Canada. We are a rat free province :’(

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
Rufus.jpg
Rufus one of my Daddy's dogs
cute-great-danes-bed.jpg
My mommy's dogs

Dog lover.jpg
More of my Daddy's dogs

Babe in coffee.jpgBabe.jpg
Newest Dog, my daddy's new Bird Dog Babe she's an English Setter. Since Hank is in retirement

meandapache.JPG
My Daddy's horse - Apache is an American Paint

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
dogboy said:
My dog died two weeks ago so I bought some bird seed this week and filled my bird feeder and left some bird seed on the ground. Now I have three squirrels who are enjoying the seed. The wierdest thing is that when I come outside, the squirrels don't run away from me. One of the squirrels will remain on the ground and just looks at me.

When I was a high school kid, I would feed the same squirrel my dad's sunflower seeds which were for the birds. Eventually the squirrel would come up to me every day after school and eat out of my hand. He would be waiting for me when school was out.
Yeah.. that happens a lot.. I have wild pigeons following me around. Every Friday and Saturday a herring gull visits me in the morning. (I saved her from starvation when she was a chick , her wings are deformed , and she couldn't get enough food ) I have a black bird that always following me when I gardening, he eats all the bugs as I weed! And a stray cat who loves me and always wants to be close. I had a pigeon friend who always flew down to share my lunch at 10.00 am on my work break.. and at the moment I'm being watched by two baby foxes when I'm gardening.. unfortunately I keep missing photographing them...

Reactions: dogboy
KarmaBaby said:
Lololol I love them! Related to chinchillas and kind of a cross between them and a gerbil. The closest thing I can have to a rat in Alberta, Canada. We are a rat free province :’(

LittleCamo said:
View attachment 77916
Rufus one of my Daddy's dogs
View attachment 77917
My mommy's dogs

View attachment 77918
More of my Daddy's dogs

View attachment 77919View attachment 77920
Newest Dog, my daddy's new Bird Dog Babe she's an English Setter. Since Hank is in retirement

View attachment 77921
My Daddy's horse - Apache is an American Paint
Apache has really cool pattern (y)(y)colorings! Love how down-to-earth your dogs are!(y)

KarmaBaby said:
I love the Rodentia world. I don't know if I posted my rat "Nimiese" (AKA Nimiese-nimoo" ) She Lived in the late '80s, was a thief of buds, sausages like knockwurst, etc., and liked heavy metal, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Tears for Fears, etc., and resorting to later tearing-up my comforters to make nests when I wasn't looking and stashing stuff and then she'd put herself back in her cage). Named for Nemesis. Trouble-maker, beloved.

What antics did your critters pull, if any???
1652573433029.jpeg

Back