Pee shy

are you pee shy? if so do diapers remove your anxiety?

• yes I'm shy

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • No I'm not shy

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Wearing diapers reduces my anxiety

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Wearing diapers does not reduce my anxiety

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other (please share in the comments)

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Is this TMI?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

denimchicken

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Here is a weird poll. Does any else here have Paruresis or in other words pee shy?

I have been pee shy forever. The only time I don't have this issue is when I can no longer hold it. When I'm using the restroom at home I have no problem going because it's private.

I ask because diapers make it so I can pee in public settings. Nobody has any idea what I'm doing let alone what I'm wearing. I could be having a conversation with a complete stranger and pee right in front of them because the anxiety I would normally get in a crowded public restroom is gone.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, littledub1955 and diaperdude
I was never pee shy in a public restroom, until I transitioned. I have no problem going at home, or out in public or at work where there are gender-neutral bathrooms. Men's bathrooms give me so much anxiety, don't have enough stalls, don't have doors, and no one washes their hands. So like you said, I only go if I am desperate and my anxiety is horrible, I've had accidents before.
So unless I am in a familiar place, where I know there are 'safe' bathroom options. I choose to wear diapers incase I can't make it to a bathroom and to avoid dehydrating myself.

Reactions: denimchicken
I totally get it whenever I'm in public. Haven't worn diapers much in public but if I'm going to be out and about for more than half a day I've started wearing sometimes.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and denimchicken
In men's restrooms? Standing at urinals? VERY shy. A lot of times I'll head for a stall instead. It's funny though, because I didn't have this problem as a teen or before. It came about in adulthood for some reason.

I'm not sure whether I'd say diapers help. I suppose they're an avoidance strategy. :) (I don't have any difficulty wetting a diaper in public.)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Nam Repaid, ianwee and 1 other person
I’m very pee shy. Road trips are hard for me, because I have to wait until I almost can no longer hold it to get past the shyness. I also selected “Other” because I haven’t worn diapers out of the house yet to test whether that would help me get past the pee shyness. Usually, if I can get a stall, I’ll will choose that. If we’re out running errands and I need to go, I will choose a family bathroom or Starbucks since I know those bathrooms are singles. So much easier that way!

Reactions: SimCo, Nam Repaid, diaperkool and 1 other person
Whenever I have to pee in public bathrooms it takes a while for the pee to come out. I have to concentrate hard to get it going. At my campus I try and use the single stall bathrooms because multi stall bathrooms are always full of people and it’s impossible to actually go. At least with the single stall bathrooms I feel more private.

I am sometimes pee shy unless I really really have to go. Then I can go, ,and have, almost anywhere lol. But if it’s a public restroom I can still go as long as the others in there are people I don’t know. That is unless they are giving me weird vibes. Like one time I was at a urinal in Houston, my first time ever in that city, and some guy came and stood at the one next to me with a live snake wrapped around his neck. I immediately zipped up and walked out of there lol.

• Wow
Reactions: denimchicken and NihilisticPuppet
Several times I've had to put my junk back in my pants and walk away from a urinal as I just couldn't get started. This only happens when there are other people close by.

I much prefer using a cubical and of course if I'm out and about wearing a nappy/diaper it removes the problem.

I was affected by this for a while and almost too much where I could only really pee in my home. If outside it had to be a single bathroom. I had it through my teens and 30s ...Now it has pretty much gone away. I can almost pee anywhere again. It seemed to have lifted since I started wearing diapers more. Im not sure why that happened . When Im going in a public place or crowded bathroom Im not diapered. But for some strange reason it seemed to go away after I was living alone and able to wear whenever I wanted to. Maybe hiding it while living at home had a an affect on it?

I am always pee shy in restrooms. When wearing a diaper I can go anytime if I am standing up.

Peeing no. Pooping I won't do in public places because you never know if its going to be a stack of wet paper towels grade and 3 flushes wiping job. And I hate touching things with my bare body because the average random is nasty and sometimes even malicious.

Peeing as a kid we'd just whip it out and piss on whatever we wanted when nobody was looking. I remember in middle school there was some bully picking on some other kids including my friend. I took my time loitering after so I could be the last in the locker room on a Friday so I could piss on his PE uniform that he never took home to wash. 🖕

Reactions: VeiledDevotee and Gejoe
I use to be pee shy, so much so that once when I was on a boat that even had a port a potty I still couldn't pee. By the time we got back to the docks my bladder was bursting and my kidneys were hurting by the time I made it to a restroom. After I had my prostrate removed due to cancer I have no problem going any where any time. I do wear protection 24/7 because I leak all the time so I certainly have no problem emptying my bladder.

I usually go out of my way to find the least crowded toilet around me.
There are times that i can go without being pee shy, but thats usually either when i'm desperate or when i'm drunk.

This was a hot topic here a decade or so ago and it seams a LOT of us DL or AB types suffer from paruresis. As previously mentioned I too had no issues as a child but about puberty it hit hard and has negativity affected my adult life. Therapy never helped but did recall an incident that may have caused it. About age ten tow friends and I were playing and had to pee so we all ran in the house, circled the toilet and let loose with the door open. My father saw us and flipped out. Needless to say I got a beating for unacceptable behavior later.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: wetaccident, diaperkool and denimchicken
Nam Repaid said:
This was a hot topic here a decade or so ago and it seams a LOT of us DL or AB types suffer from paruresis. As previously mentioned I too had no issues as a child but about puberty it hit hard and has negativity affected my adult life. Therapy never helped but did recall an incident that may have caused it. About age ten tow friends and I were playing and had to pee so we all ran in the house, circled the toilet and let loose with the door open. My father saw us and flipped out. Needless to say I got a beating for unacceptable behavior later.
LoL, my brother and I did this when we were kids. My parents must have known we did it. Looking back at it, it seems like such a weird thing to do.

I have no problem when I pee in any toilet, but I became poop shy from the moment I got the bathroom door opened when I was little.

As time passed by, I started going at public places, but I need some privacy and silence to go 🙄

I’m not pee shy per say I don’t have bashful bladder or anything like that but because my pee sometimes comes out a odd angle which would likely hit the guy next to me if I was standing at a urinal I prefer to use a cubicle. Personally I’d be more embarrassed and shy wearing nappies in public.

Last edited:
I’m only poop shy in public and really struggle to go! I’m so self conscious about the noises and smells! I recently used a family toilet for the first time and it was blissful lol. I was at the airport and decided to walk to the the gates that were done for the evening. Tried using the men’s room but as soon as I got the seat covered someone came in the handicap stall. SMH! I knew I wasn’t flying with this, so I made sure the coast was clear, and quickly jumped into the family bathroom. It was weird how crammed the toilet was with the tp dispenser and a needle disposal box above it. I was leaning to my side. But when I came out the cleaning crew was waiting for me to finish so they could clean. That’s when I blushed hard!

Back