Parents found out

Status
Not open for further replies.
dogboy said:
Yeah, the funny thing was that he said I'd probably outgrow it. Haha....that sure didn't happen! The bigger reason my mom sent me to the shrink was because I also got caught being gay.....sigh. It was a different time. (caught being gay was meant to be snarky)

Rip, fortunately mentalities have evolved a little

Well, we can't exactly stop needing diapers now can we? So it's not like quitting diapers is truly an optioncfor us. That means you're going tochave to find a way to wear them when needed. I'd expand on still using diapers by getting a cheal piece of locking luggage or a foot locker. Anything from goodwill that is big enough and has a lock on it. When prepressed about it by your mom, just tell her you're an adult now and have a right tocyour own privacy. Tell her that's why you bought it, because of her invasion. Maybe that will help her leave you alone.

My mum doesn't like me using at home either. But I do still do it sometimes, im just very careful to hide the used ones. She has never gotten annoyed at finding clean ones, as she just thinks im storing them for another time. I try not to use at home as much as I can though, as I respect my mum. My dad knows but I have never used at his place as im not there as often

Idaho said:
Really you are 21 and can't hold a job and still live with your parents? I had steady job when I was 16 and moved out when I was 18 and going to a University. Buck it up and become an adult and move out and feel the freedom of doing whatever you would want.

Well good for you.... Everyone is different that's what makes the world interesting if everyone was the same it would be so boring. Now the post was a what can I do, it was not a post asking you to state how fucken good you are.

To respond to the question hide them in your car boot, purchase a lockable suitcase and hide them in your cupboard in the locked suit case. I was 25 before i left home though i was lucky enough to explain to mum at about 16 after she found nappies on many occasions in my room what i use them for. Did she accept, of course not, did she stop me, no. So perhaps another conversation with you mum as being 21. just say you will not see me in them but i will wear them.

sloth said:
Well good for you.... Everyone is different that's what makes the world interesting if everyone was the same it would be so boring. Now the post was a what can I do, it was not a post asking you to state how fucken good you are.

To respond to the question hide them in your car boot, purchase a lockable suitcase and hide them in your cupboard in the locked suit case. I was 25 before i left home though i was lucky enough to explain to mum at about 16 after she found nappies on many occasions in my room what i use them for. Did she accept, of course not, did she stop me, no. So perhaps another conversation with you mum as being 21. just say you will not see me in them but i will wear them.

I find the solution of stress-related incontinence much simpler, without repercussions, without unnecessary stress, and honest enough to not shock anyone.

Wolfi said:
A while ago, multiple times, my parents found out about me being DL, and my mum said that she didn't want me using diapers in her home (I live with my parents), despite it helping to quell my depression and anxiety a lot of the time. I didn't and still don't know if I should avoid using for her sake or continue for my own, and just hide it (as I do right now, though expect her to find out at some point). My room has nowhere but under the bed to store them, so they'd be easily found if she checked... What should I do?

Well, I'm not sure if I'm one to say. My parents knew when I lived with them and it was never spoken of. Now I m in my 40s, so....

How old are you? If you are 18 or older, you might try saying "I understand your feelings, but this helps with my depression and I am an adult, so my sexuality isn't on you to decide." Even if you're under 18, tell her how it helps your mental health. Assuming that they know about your depression and you are seeking professional help.

If you're not seeking help, do so. You can talk to your therapist about this. The therapist should say it's ok and you can tell your mom that.

Idaho said:
Really you are 21 and can't hold a job and still live with your parents? I had steady job when I was 16 and moved out when I was 18 and going to a University. Buck it up and become an adult and move out and feel the freedom of doing whatever you would want.

What a ableist comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back