Pampers Size 8 comparison- USA vs UK

Growler0128

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I watched a UK video on YouTube, they showed the max weight and everything. NOW for the obvious question.. ARE THOSE equal to the ones sold in the USA? if not we may need to BUG Kimberly Clark to motivate them to carry the UK version here. WE have special needs kids here and its way cheaper for the parents to get the 8s vs the XS from a medical
Just saying!!

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
Swaddlers size 8's in the US are almost an inch shorter than Baby Dry size 8's it looks like. And if we're going by how big size 6's were in the 90's, a size 8 ought to easily fit a 30" waist, but they definitely do not. I think once the Parent's Choice size 8 comes out, those will be bigger than either.

Last edited:
Growler0128 said:
if not we may need to BUG Kimberly Clark to motivate them to carry the UK version here.
It's not Kimberly Clark you will need to bug as they don't make Pampers, they make Huggies and they had stop making Huggies diapers in Europe except for Italy, they only sell wipes, pull ups (including Drynites) and Little Swimmers but rather you would need to bug Proctor and Gamble who make Pampers

I have already measured the European Pampers and posted the measurements here.
The measurements are still up to date and also the European Pampers do NOT have waffle style side panels. Each side can be stretched up to 30 cm (11.8 inches)

Post in thread 'Rascal and Friends Size 7 and Pampers Swaddlers Size 8'

Last edited:
I just bought a pack of pampers baby dry size 8 (I´m living in germany) and my excitement was shattered after i found out that they have waffle style tabs. They aren´t stretchy at all

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and southeastlittle
nappybaby said:
I just bought a pack of pampers baby dry size 8 (I´m living in germany) and my excitement was shattered after i found out that they have waffle style tabs. They aren´t stretchy at all
Was this the new version or the old version?

southeastlittle said:
Was this the new version or the old version?
They have crocodiles as one of the designs, if that helps. I could send you a pack of size 8 pampers if you´d like

maybe I just got unlucky and picked the wrong pack

What are waffle tabs exactly? Does that mean there is no stretch on the back tabs, or something else?

southeastlittle said:
What are waffle tabs exactly? Does that mean there is no stretch on the back tabs, or something else?
They have a pattern of holes in them, at least in the US. They do stretch, but they have a very definite maximum that’s far short of what the old tabs would stretch to. Basically, they’re on par with Huggies now, at least as far as the tabs go.

I just noticed that I can fit in pampers size 8 with waffle tabs, but its not very comfortable

nappybaby said:
I just noticed that I can fit in pampers size 8 with waffle tabs, but its not very comfortable
I've been offered to buy some from someone in the UK but am hesitant if those tabs really don't stretch much. I'll say no if they're significantly worse than the non-waffle tabs, or I'll just flip a coin. Lol

I can also fit the Swaddlers size 8.

nappybaby said:
Just watch for production date before 01/24, they are still stretchy!

Reactions: nappybaby
babycruiser said:
Just watch for production date before 01/24, they are still stretchy!
Thanks very much, I‘ll try that

Got a pack of the baby dry 8‘s with a 20ish february production date today and they are as stretchy as before again. Seems like the waffle sides were an one time production.

Back