Pacifier problems

puddlefeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I just recently purchased the Fixx Adult Size 10 Pacifier from Rearz and was wondering if there could be potential orthodontics issues if I use this every night and sometimes during the day? Has anyone had issues from always using a pacifier?

Could there be orthodontic problems? Yes

Will there be problems? Probably not.

I think this comes down to several factors:
  • Has your mouth and teeth finished growing/changing?
  • Do you have any mouth or teeth problems?
  • How often and for how long do you use a pacifier.
Personally, I have not had any problems BUT I rarely use a pacifier. I suck my thumb most of the time but only for less than an hour a day.

puddlefeet said:
I just recently purchased the Fixx Adult Size 10 Pacifier from Rearz and was wondering if there could be potential orthodontics issues if I use this every night and sometimes during the day? Has anyone had issues from always using a pacifier?
While we're not health experts and can't guarantee outcomes, there are steps to help avoid potential problems.

You've addressed the first step by choosing a pacifier designed for adults, not infants. Adult pacifiers, like The Fixx, are crafted to fit comfortably in your mouth, positioning the nipple against your palate rather than against your teeth, as infant pacifiers may do.

For the second step, should you experience any discomfort from the pacifier, we recommend taking a break from its use before trying again.

• Love
Reactions: DLYUL, Cottontail and puddlefeet
RearzJacob said:
While we're not health experts and can't guarantee outcomes, there are steps to help avoid potential problems.

You've addressed the first step by choosing a pacifier designed for adults, not infants. Adult pacifiers, like The Fixx, are crafted to fit comfortably in your mouth, positioning the nipple against your palate rather than against your teeth, as infant pacifiers may do.

For the second step, should you experience any discomfort from the pacifier, we recommend taking a break from its use before trying again.
Thanks! Will do! So far, it's pretty awesome and I am glad to have purchased it!

• Love
Reactions: RearzJacob
RearzJacob said:

How often should these pacifier be cleaned?

puddlefeet said:
You should try and clean them before use. As they are in your mouth it is just a good idea.

puddlefeet said:
I almost always have one in my pocket (when it's not in my mouth ;) ). I can't remember the last time I washed it! Ever? :unsure: It's only ever been in my pocket, my bed, or sitting on a counter.

I never had any problems in the past. I dont
Have any teeth left so I can use a pacifier all the time. When my wife and I are fighting over something stupid she will put a pacifier in my mouth and tell me to calm down, then puts me in a time out.

Back