Otc benefits HELP!!

gtripp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Incontinent
Hey all if I'm SOOL just say so * OUT Of Luck. My insurance every Quarter gives me $40 to use OTC products at CVS Walgreens Dollar General Walmart and it says online. But thru the health Benefits App seems like that is the ONLY app I can use to get my briefs not through ANY online store. So my Question is is there a way to use my otc card (UHC) through online incon stores or am I SOOL to just pay OOP for other brands besides Fitright or Medline?

I can't personally speak for this system but in general benefits are locked quit rigidly to acceptable vendors only. You don't get to choose where ever you want.

Also $40 per quarter? so every 3 months they give $40?
wow that's low
That can't cover much

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
SparkyDog said:
I can't personally speak for this system but in general benefits are locked quit rigidly to acceptable vendors only. You don't get to choose where ever you want.

Also $40 per quarter? so every 3 months they give $40?
wow that's low
That can't cover much
That's why I play games to get amazon credit to get briefs from there but again doesn't cover much it's not like I don't mind using fitright but would like other options TG I'm small (30 waist and still can fit in size 11 kids underwear so nijas pullups works great for quick runs

I think you need to talk to your doctor & insurance saying how you need more coverage & better products

SparkyDog said:
I think you need to talk to your doctor & insurance saying how you need more coverage & better products
Well I've been talking to them that's why they gave me prescription of tamsulosin even though I have no issues with my prostate just the urgency of it and no pain weird! But I do wear briefs cause I ride bus and there is no restrooms between where I am and work which is an 90 minute bus ride go figure!

• Wow
Reactions: SparkyDog
But I will go see a urologist after my surgery cause I believe I could damage my prostate if I'm continuing the med

seeing a urologist is a very wise move

yeah, that’s ridiculously low. I have the same OTC credit program, through the same insurance I think. And I get 80 bucks every three months. Yes you are correct. You can only use it at stores like Walmart and the other ones you mentioned. Personally, I just go to Walmart in real life and I get the assurance stretch briefs with tabs. Recently, I’ve been actually having to go in real life because the online portal doesn’t carry them for some reason, it’s been like that for the past few months. I know these diapers sucked but I use them to offset my use of really really good diapers like all the stuff I buy from Rearz, or iInControl . what you will come to realize is that a lot of people on here end up spending mostly their own money on really good quality diapers. Insurance companies don’t cover shit for good Diapers everything they cover is gonna be horrible but if you can get that stuff for free. It’s a great way to offset your cost for really good stuff. And then strategically use the cheap stuff for times when you know you don’t need a lot of protection. This is what I do. I use the Walmart diapers around the house and then when I go out I use Safari or something similar.

Reactions: furry121
Also something I forgot to mention, if you were going to use your OTC card in real life at like Walmart, or some thing, you have to buy the stuff through the pharmacy because the people at the cash registers don’t know how did do the card as payment with their system. That’s what the pharmacy person told me the first time I did that.

@nikthewerelion how on earth is 80 every 3mo supposed to help IC people
did someone price out diapers in 1990 and never update it?

• Haha
Reactions: AshtonFreecss
nikthewerelion said:
Also something I forgot to mention, if you were going to use your OTC card in real life at like Walmart, or some thing, you have to buy the stuff through the pharmacy because the people at the cash registers don’t know how did do the card as payment with their system. That’s what the pharmacy person told me the first time I did that.
Like I said b4 in another post I'm small frame and still can fit in size 11 little kid undies so the sucky brands are ok not great just ok like right now I'm trying g non subscription underx and I Love them

It may be your OTC programs allow you to get reimbursed for medical purchases made outside the limited network (like, submit your receipts sort of thing) - let's face it, insurance companies probably get a kickback when you use their "preferred" providers.

what is OTC mean

littleK1626 said:
what is OTC mean
Over the counter? (i.e. non-prescription)

Last edited:
Bnuuy said:
Over the counter? (i.e. non-prescription)
ooo yea i forgot

Insurance coverage for managing IC in the US sucks. That’s just the way it is.

Last edited:
gtripp said:
Hey all if I'm SOOL just say so * OUT Of Luck. My insurance every Quarter gives me $40 to use OTC products at CVS Walgreens Dollar General Walmart and it says online. But thru the health Benefits App seems like that is the ONLY app I can use to get my briefs not through ANY online store. So my Question is is there a way to use my otc card (UHC) through online incon stores or am I SOOL to just pay OOP for other brands besides Fitright or Medline?
you only need an RX if your diapers is paid thrugh insurance

littleK1626 said:
you only need an RX if your diapers is paid thrugh insurance
The point is they get $40 from their insurance to buy OTC products which would include diapers. I assume they were hoping to use it to buy higher quality diapers, but it unfortunately may only work with specific stores so it would only be useful for drug store/supermarket quality diapers, whereas it would be far more useful if it was like an HSA style debit card you could use at places like northshore care

Last edited:
Reactions: gtripp
Bnuuy said:
The point is they get $40 from their insurance to buy OTC products which would include diapers. I assume they were hoping to use it to buy higher quality diapers, but it unfortunately may only work with specific stores so it would only be useful for drug store/supermarket quality diapers, whereas it would be far more useful if it was like an HSA style debit card you could use at places like northshore care
If I didn't have ssd it would be better then just Depending ugh or fitright way better then Depends but still cheap but unfortunately my insurance in my market can go only to 50 every quarter and again ugh I'll just save my money like most of y'all do thanks again

Back