Ordered 2 packs of Tena Super Briefs, are they any good ???

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
It will be my first time wearing Tena products, I know they're probably not the best, but since for me its just for fun, I wanted to test them out, I've read several stories where characters are using them and I wanted for awhile to try theses, I found them at 12$ for a pack of 14 medium on amazon.ca so I decided to bite the bullet and got 2 packs that I will receive tomorrow. I'm trying to find reviews but its like very hard, even here on adisc. There's so many various products.

Reactions: diaperdude
Tena supers are okish

Now that I got them, I found a major flaw, the upper level velcro tabs don't hold that much and they pull the fiber cloth cover off shredding it and making the tabs open by themselves, so theses tabs are useless, I don't understand why the bottom ones old without any problems, they work really well. My trick to use them this night was to put them inside a diaper cover and wear a onesie, that held them in place, they can hold quite a lot, but practical use is a little impacted by the need to use a diaper cover and onesie.

Tena Super medium is the only one I use. They’re super quiet and hold enough for a night soaking. I wear for fun also and reuse them every night. On the 3rd or 4th night I soak them because the tabs don’t hold as great. The front gets a bit fuzzy. I will change the tape spot on different nights to keep them holding good. You can’t pull them too tight or remove/adjust them too much either. One idea is to change the angle of the tapes and see if that helps and when you press the tape on, give it a little rub like you do with packaging tape on a box.

Hopefully this helps. Don’t count them out quickly. They’re affordable and work fine for my use.

Howwedoin said:
Tena Super medium is the only one I use. They’re super quiet and hold enough for a night soaking. I wear for fun also and reuse them every night. On the 3rd or 4th night I soak them because the tabs don’t hold as great. The front gets a bit fuzzy. I will change the tape spot on different nights to keep them holding good. You can’t pull them too tight or remove/adjust them too much either. One idea is to change the angle of the tapes and see if that helps and when you press the tape on, give it a little rub like you do with packaging tape on a box.

Hopefully this helps. Don’t count them out quickly. They’re affordable and work fine for my use.
I think its my body the main problem, I tried to use the tabs angled down like I've seen on tutorials, my body doesn't cooperate and they slide down, since there's no elastics at the waist, theses either have to be tight (which cause the tabs to rip, even if I make sure they are well gripped on) or too loose and then the pants just slide down and the legs don't offer any stop to leaks. I'm gonna use the ones I have in a diaper cover with a onesie, but I wish I could have just put them inside my regular clothes and not need onesie.

That’s too bad. Good luck in your quest for the right diaper.

Howwedoin said:
That’s too bad. Good luck in your quest for the right diaper.
It was just a try because I keep reading about them in stories, so I wanted to try them for myself and for the price I got them from, it was somehow cheaper than I expected.

A landing zone would be a game changer. I've used the Tena Stretch and those have one tab per side. It usually starts peeling off from the top or bottom then is pretty much unstoppable.

I have the same issue you have with the Seni Quatro. There's always one tape that just doesn't want to stay on through the duration. I have found that you can clean out the hooks and get it to stay again but time is limited at that point. I find it easier to apply gorilla three inch wide packaging tape to the landing area then add my own sticky tapes to the sides with 3m 2.5 inch HD packaging tape. As long as you make the tapes just like a diaper tape normally is, tape tab on the outside with another piece overlapped on the inside, and burnish the tape down real good it holds up pretty good.

If done right you can end up with only one tape per side and the perfect fit. To do this lay down with the diaper in your ideal position on your bum. Then pull the front up just like you normally would to tape up but don't go for the tapes. Just grab both sides and pull them snug over the front. Massage things in to place where it feels just right then put marks on the sides and front where you want the tapes to pull across. It's important to note that you don't want the tapes to be below where your thigh and hip bend. This will ensure your thigh will keep the diaper up instead of stretching it out as you move and causing premature leaking. You also want to make sure there are no gaps around your legs. This is where Tena and Seni shine and the only two I would recommend going with one tape per side without further modifications. Their elastics stay away from the padding far enough up the back that the elastics will actually do their job and prevent leakage without having the diaper tight around your legs. Once you have it all marked up lay it out and take measurements. Write these down so it's easier to repeat the process on the next one. You can then cut off any excess material that isn't necessary. If I remember right Tena has plenty to trim off front and back.

It takes a bit of trial and error but it's possible. Once you get used to doing it you can have one finished in about 5 to 10 minutes. And it's so much more comfortable.

Back