One year follow up and another surgery

durgan87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Well I just had my one year follow up for my supra-pubic catheter implantation. They did a cystoscope and check the stoma, the bladder and everything came out fine. This year catheter wise has been great as the capped Supra-pubic has had no infection or problem on some bleeding after changes and that's due to me having low blood platelets. The problem I've found is that after about two-three weeks the tube gets gunky and the cap doesn't like to stay in all the time and will pop out when I move, but my Urologist says supra-publics were never designed for active people. Right now I'm looking at having my neurostimulator for my migraines/seizures replaced on Thursday, as it's been failing for almost two months. I've been glad for my service dog's helping alert for my problems, but it be nice it he didn't have to do it all the time. Like the last neurosurgery they told me I can cap my catheter and to wear a clean diaper/brief, but hopefully it's not late in the day like last time. Nothing after midnight then not doing surgery at 2pm is just mean.

Reactions: Diprs2
You’re right, if they’re telling you not to eat and limit your liquid intake the earlier in the morning that they can start the surgery the better. I had a radio frequency ablation scheduled for July 20th at 10:15, or at least they told me that I did. First thing that went wrong was that my driver showed up an hour late then when I got to the hospital (10 minutes before they wanted me to be there) they said that they didn’t have any record of my appointment in spite of me having an appointment card filled out by my doctor’s clinic employees. The driver had already left to transport another patient and didn’t get back for over 5 hours to return me to my home. So I decided to walk to the McDonalds downtown and had the driver meet me there since I hadn’t eaten since the evening before so I know what you mean about it being mean. The doctor that does my procedure is changing his day that he does surgery from Thursday to Monday and his assistant said that she will try to work me in sometime in August because they had made the mistake otherwise she normally wouldn’t be able to get me in until late October. Hope that you’re able to get your next appointment earlier in the day. I see that you’re from Wisconsin, this happened in Fort Atkinson! Also I see that you’ve got an English Springer Spaniel, liver and white or black and white?

Last edited:
That's really interesting what you said about them not being for active people, my urologist keeps trying to push a suprapubic on me I'm a really active person so that's food for thought, glad it's working well for you though hopefully all goes well with your next surgery.

Zeke said:
You’re right, if they’re telling you not to eat and limit your liquid intake the earlier in the morning that they can start the surgery the better. I had a radio frequency ablation scheduled for July 20th at 10:15, or at least they told me that I did. First thing that went wrong was that my driver showed up an hour late then when I got to the hospital (10 minutes before they wanted me to be there) they said that they didn’t have any record of my appointment in spite of me having an appointment card filled out by my doctor’s clinic employees. The driver had already left to transport another patient and didn’t get back for over 5 hours to return me to my home. So I decided to walk to the McDonalds downtown and had the driver meet me there since I hadn’t eaten since the evening before so I know what you mean about it being mean. The doctor that does my procedure is changing his day that he does surgery from Thursday to Monday and his assistant said that she will try to work me in sometime in August because they had made the mistake otherwise she normally wouldn’t be able to get me in until late October. Hope that you’re able to get your next appointment earlier in the day. I see that you’re from Wisconsin, this happened in Fort Atkinson! Also I see that you’ve got an English Springer Spaniel, liver and white or black and white?
Parson is Liver and White, I live is West Bend, his breeder is from Lannon, so Fort Atkinson isn't that far from me. That's where Parson's last show was with the UKC, he's now got 85 points toward his championship there. My procedure is for 8:30 am I found out today, so I need to be there at 6:30. Hopefully no delays.

durgan87 said:
Parson is Liver and White, I live is West Bend, his breeder is from Lannon, so Fort Atkinson isn't that far from me. That's where Parson's last show was with the UKC, he's now got 85 points toward his championship there. My procedure is for 8:30 am I found out today, so I need to be there at 6:30. Hopefully no delays.
When I was in junior high school my folks and I adopted a black and white English Springer from a local farmer. We had a lot of dogs over the years, a Cocker Spaniel, a Beagle, a Dalmatian, two English Springer Spaniels, and a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Duchess, the name of both Springers (l and ll), were a couple of the smartest dogs we had. Both of our Springers had epilepsy according to our family friend who was a veterinarian. We later found out that it was the chocolate we gave them that caused the problems. This was in the ‘60s and early ‘70s before we or Doc knew chocolate was terrible for dogs. I even used Hersey bars to train our Chesapeake. Never got into showing our dogs but all of them were pure bred. My last three dogs have been adoptions with the first 2, a Golden Retriever and Yellow Lab, being pure bred without papers and my current dog looks like an English Pointer but she didn’t have papers either. How many points does Parson need total for his championship? I used to haul farm equipment from Gehl out of a West Bend when I first started pulling open trailers for Dotseth Trucking, but that was 45 years ago. I’m calling tomorrow to reschedule my radio frequency ablation procedure at Fort Medical and being that I’ll be sedated and can’t eat for 12 hours prior I hope to get an appointment that’s first thing in the morning (and is actually on the hospital schedule this time!!!).

Zeke said:
When I was in junior high school my folks and I adopted a black and white English Springer from a local farmer. We had a lot of dogs over the years, a Cocker Spaniel, a Beagle, a Dalmatian, two English Springer Spaniels, and a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Duchess, the name of both Springers (l and ll), were a couple of the smartest dogs we had. Both of our Springers had epilepsy according to our family friend who was a veterinarian. We later found out that it was the chocolate we gave them that caused the problems. This was in the ‘60s and early ‘70s before we or Doc knew chocolate was terrible for dogs. I even used Hersey bars to train our Chesapeake. Never got into showing our dogs but all of them were pure bred. My last three dogs have been adoptions with the first 2, a Golden Retriever and Yellow Lab, being pure bred without papers and my current dog looks like an English Pointer but she didn’t have papers either. How many points does Parson need total for his championship? I used to haul farm equipment from Gehl out of a West Bend when I first started pulling open trailers for Dotseth Trucking, but that was 45 years ago. I’m calling tomorrow to reschedule my radio frequency ablation procedure at Fort Medical and being that I’ll be sedated and can’t eat for 12 hours prior I hope to get an appointment that’s first thing in the morning (and is actually on the hospital schedule this time!!!).
In the UKC he needs 100 points and three major wins he has one major. The surgery went alright and was on time at 8:30. Very sore right now, but it will inprove, go back in 10 day for a follow up.

Back