Once and for all, Rearz and Tykables?

Rataxes

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, so this topic has been discussed before. But things weren't completely clear, and the brands have changed.
So, once and for all. How dows Rearz and Tykables compare? Some say that Tykables and Rearz highest capacity diapers are more or less identical capacity wise, and that only things like scent, print, tapes and the material in outer layer differ.
But I have also read that Tykables handles boosters better due to differences in leak guards. And some seem to suggest that Tykables even outperform Rearz. Yet Rearz seem thicker? So I am at a loss. And please. Let's just skip the discussion about they specified capacity being bogus, I know, and it's useless for comparison.
What annoys me the most is that I could have known the answer myself, because I actually bought 2 Rearz Barnyards and 2 Tykables Unicorns a few months back, but used the Barnyards first, and tried the Tykables much later. And the Barnyards were used with boosters while the Unicorns weren't. My issue here is that I only have the privacy to wear once a week at most. So I do the most of it and enjoy the moment instead of being all scientific about it, and can't do any direct comparisons either.

But if my memory serves me correctly the Barnyards were the thickest before use. But that doesn't mean that they had the highest capacity, right? I also remember that my overall experience was better with Tykables, but that might be because of the boosters made the Rearz leak prematurely.

So, anyone recently that used any of the Rearz Mega variants, (Mermaid Tales, Critter Caboose, Inspire+, Safari, Dinosaur, Barnyard or Daydreamer) and any of the competing Tykables Waddler Cut variants? How do they compare?
I am interested in metrics like actual capacity before leaking, swelling, and leak guards and ability to handle boosters.

Also, one thing, Tykables Unicorns are rated at 7500ml vs other Waddler Cut diapers that are rated at 7000ml. Of course I understand that these aren't real world numbers. But they seem to indicate a difference. Anyone noticed any?

If I didn't have a very limited hiding area, and limited privacy time, I would just buy one package of each and do some thorough testing my self. But hopefully I can get some help by you guys. :)

• Thinking
Reactions: SissyPwincessAndrea and PGAFAN2008
Me collection is quite large. I have most abdl diapers offered in the US and some from other countries.with that said I have worn both rearz and tykables extensively. Being I wear for bed wetting I wear every night. It's rare that I wear the same diaper back to back so I get to compare most diapers. So here's my opinion. Rearz and tykables high capacity diapers are very similar. Hook and loop are my favorite fasteners but rearz tapes hold well. As for leak guards you forgot mega Max. There leak guards stand up all the way from waistband to waistband. When using multiple boosters that makes a difference.

Remember those capacity ratings are done in a lab under controlled conditions
Typically if you get 1/2 to 1/3 in real life capacity you're doing well

Rearz

Rearz for shear number and variety of ABDL products.

I've been won over by hook and loop tapes, so for me it's Tykables. The details of which mega capacity diaper is the mega-est don't matter too much to me.

Reactions: littledreamers333
Tykables for me fit better than Rearz. I am a medium.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy and Sealander
I like the prints of Tykables diapers better.

Reactions: Redscales, LittleEllsOAB and LiddleBigBoy
Tykables! They don’t ever leak on me, are super comfortable, and come in all different prints while maintaining the same fit.

Reactions: LittleEllsOAB and JulestheFloof
Tykables have a better overall quality in terms of diaper fit, sizing, absorbency and cut for me in comparison to Rearz.

What do I mean by that?
Well, Tykables are more generous in their sizing, the fit is comfortable and re-adjustable (I'm referring to their Animooz, Unicorns, and Camelots lines in comparison to Safaris, Lil Monsters, and Lil Squirts) absorbency has always been higher capacity and no leaks, and the cut has been wider in the crotch, wider with the wings, and more comfortable overall. I can't make a comparison to the Daydreamers obviously, but these are things I've observed so far. Rearz are still quality ABDL diapers, but Tykables are higher quality from my observations.

Reactions: mihannes, LiddleBigBoy and GypsyNappy
I do love both, however I find I'm leaning more and more to Tykables tbh. They seem to fit slightly better for me than Rearz and other brands, as others have pointed out Tykables seem to have a wider crotch. They're super absorbent and have never leaked on me (although neither have Reaez tbf).

Tykables seem to fit my small waist nice and snuggly too, some size M ABDL diapers in size M are absolutely huge on me and can be difficult to get a snug fit.

I love the Tykables prints and designs, they're super soft and just perfect 🥰

Both Rearz and Tykables are good diapers though. The Daydreamers by Rearz are awesome!

• Love
Reactions: LiddleBigBoy and SissyPwincessAndrea
Rearz. I don't like cloth backed diapers, which is all Tykeables seems to carry nowadays.

I've tried both rearz and tykables. I think the two are pretty much equal. having said that if I'm wearing overnight I usually go for a tykables overnight or a str8ups, and whichever one I choose I all ways wear a pair of rubber pants on top. a few times I have woke up to find my nappy saturated and leaking. but thankfully the rubber pants keep the bed dry.

Last edited:
I like both, but for different reasons, Tykables i have tried all of their available range love Waddlers, Unicorns, Animooz, are all really good diapers. Great fit, Great leak guards, hook and loop for easy adjustment. Rearz i do love too though, Barnyards, Mermaid Tales, Safari. I think that Rearz tend to be a bit more crinkly. :giggle: Rearz Daydreamers are a fantastic diaper! I like those very much. :giggle: I'm also really happy with the new Kiddo Teddy's Ultra, which are just soooo cute, they are only 2 tape, not for everyone, cloth backed, again i normally prefer plastic backed. Plus they are rated at 6000ml, which is less than both Tykables and Rearz, but OMG 😲! They feel and look amazing on, so i have to confess to being totally won over by these particular cloth backed diapers. :giggle:

Last edited:
DLTree said:
Rearz. I don't like cloth backed diapers, which is all Tykeables seems to carry nowadays.
Tykables still has some plastic-backed diapers.

Reactions: Redscales and LittleEllsOAB
DLTree said:
They only have 1 cloth backed diaper (Animooz) at the moment. Everything else is plastic backed.

Reactions: Redscales, PaddedBass and LittleEllsOAB
Tykables. I get a far better fit with them, I like the Velcro tabs for adjustments on the tapes, and I like their prints better.

Rearz makes good diapers, I don’t like the tape style tabs.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy and LittleEllsOAB
I’ve bought and used both, repeat buyer of both brands but won’t buy from rearz any longer. i’ve heard their PR handles things poorly, and their marketing feels predatory towards our culture. They wanna have the highest capacity and that’s just so ridiculous. All that said, they’re okay diapers, they just don’t fit me so well compression to tykes. I found myself leaking super early out of rearz bc of where they put their SAP, compared to tykes.

I also love the hook loops that tykeables has and their cloth backed animooz are my go to discrete but still high capacity diaper. The designs also do their job making me feel small when i want that as well. Even down to the packaging, the silly checklist on the side of each one with different lists makes me giggle. All in all, tykeables are now my go to after megamaxes.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy and bigtoddler96
Tykables feels like pretty close to a baby diaper.

Rearz feels more inauthentic, like an adult diaper with a design slapped on. The designs aren't as good, the plastic isn't as good, the tapes aren't as good, and for me they are less comfy.

The only thing Rearz does better, possibly, is thickness. And Tykables are still plenty thick.

Reactions: bigtoddler96 and LittleEllsOAB
someone had written about having a large supply of various diapers and i am the same. i have here various styles of Tykables and Rearz and a few ABU. Also Northshore Mega Max, Supremes, and Lites along with Better Dry and Crinklz. Each has it's own style and pluses. ABU i love the Little Kings for day time and summer and their Space. The Mega Max is a great diaper especially tie die because it is fun and colorful. Rearz are great the Safari a great extended wear diaper fits great but i prefer the Barnyard. One of my favorite diapers are the Little Rascal been a favor for years. the coolest part is there are so many verities to choose from.
if i had to choose which is hard because each company offers great diapers however i learn toward Tykables. Tykables has been a go to for a long time. i look forward to their release of their resign. the Tykables leak guards, fit, and style i love. I have cammies, little rawrs, puppers, galatic, overnights, waddlers, little builders, camelot, and animalzoo. i still have in stock the discontinued Koda Kubs and the original overnights, little builders, and waddlers before their resign. i miss the original little builders they were great day timer diapers. the fasteners on Tykables are so easy to readjust as needed. Tykables doubler is too thick/bulky so i don't care for those. we have been to the Tykables warehouse / retail space and everyone there was very friendly and helpful which is another selling point for me. back before the mix and match case was a thing they use to do that for me.
how well a diaper preforms for me has more to do with my activity level and how it is fitted on me at the time. chose a diaper that best fits your personality. e fun trying all of them out

Reactions: ILuvDiapers
Back