On being a Furry Of Convenience

PurpleScorpion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
I am not fully a furry.

However, I am a fan of multiple works of media that stars animals, whether anthropomorphized or not (Ninja Turtles being the one that springs to mind right now).

I am also friends with quiet a few furry artists and writers.

Thus, I would like to dub myself a Furry of Convenience. I do not have a set in stone Fursona, a character I wish I could be or feels represents me.

However, I am fully capable of writing about anthropomorphic animals for roleplaying purposes.

Would you say this description fits you? Do you know others like me?

Reactions: Sealander and TrueHero
I have done some energy healing where I associated animals to my chakras - effectively making a personal totem. So there are several animals I identify with, but no completely to just one…. I do have a main animal… but it’s more like a messenger than something that represents me.

I suppose I would say I am furry adjacent. It’s not my thing enough to dive into the culture, identify a fursona, and so on. But damn there are some talented artists in the furry community. And I have read some furry erotica that was, well, let’s just say I liked it.

Reactions: Moicano and Sealander
I have zero problems if a character is furry or not, I respect and love the work of quite a few baby fur artists. I’ve been thinking of creating a sona just because it frankly looks like fun. But I don’t feel like that character would become an identity and I don’t have any particular affinity for anthropomorphic animal character. I think I am an ally who love diving into and exploring other cultures and want to do that with a few online ones as well.

Or maybe in a year I’ll be a full on fur, I don’t know, but if that does happen, I’m ok with that too 😺.

Reactions: Sealander
I would be a bunny, if bunnies weren't prey for cats :p
I would be a cat, if cats didnt prey on bunnies >_<

StrawberryPan said:
I would be a bunny, if bunnies weren't prey for cats :p
I would be a cat, if cats didnt prey on bunnies >_<
You could be a bunny cat hybrid

Dragon64 said:
You could be a bunny cat hybrid
A bunny kitty would be very cute, huh didn’t think about hybrids but I guess you can do what you want with it.

I enjoy the furry aesthetic and I admire furry artists for their talent, I like looking at furry art. And I know a few furries casually online. But I don't have a fursona, or call myself a furry. Should I call myself a furry? I don't know. Maybe it doesn't matter very much whether I do that or not.

Reactions: snugglyowl
Hi! This describes me very well. I absolutely love and am drawn to media featuring anthropomorphic animals (e.g. Wind in the Willows, Frog and Toad, Little Bear, TMNT, Disney's Robin Hood) and it's my preferred style when making little comics and art and the like... but maybe that's cause I'm terrible at accurately drawing people, haha. I enjoy making comics drawn from my real life, so it feels more appropriate to choose an animal I feel best represents real people I know, rather than to attempt to copy their actual likeness, both for drawing skillz and privacy reasons. A lot of my favorite little/ABDL-centric media I've come across features furry characters, such as the comic "Shine."

I've never felt innately drawn to being a furry in such a way that I feel it deeply applies to my identity or I'm particularly called to it, but of course the more I steep myself in the company of online diaperfurs and the like, it seems kinda fun to join in. I like using animal characters to represent myself online, too, because it allows me to be a little more cutesy and childlike without seeming like I'm intentionally trying to pose as a kid or something. I've sorta thought of myself as furry-adjacent.

Last edited:
Back