Oab

Diaperedmedic92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
How many people wear due to oab? I have tried some of the meds but i hate the side effects. I will have days that are extremely bad but other days that are good and those days I still wear pull up just in case. Night time is worse though and always have to have a diaper on. It's just frustrating having to wear diapers at work because I can't make it.

Reactions: cantwait, diaperdude, Neroforte and 2 others
I am with you. Lots of drugs to try to help. They might reduce but still need pads. Side effects sucked. Finally said screw it diapers either way but no side effect means just a bit more planning and padding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neroforte, chamberpot and AttilaThePun
Before i got incontinent, i had very strong OAB dry for about three years and now, that i wear diapers daily, i will tell you i should have worn them much earlier, that would have reduced a lot of stress and pain.

I think even an OAB dry is a good reason to wear on occasions, like to take an umbrella when you go outside with 20% possibility of rain.
it is just a precaution.

Reactions: LittleEllsOAB, DarkQS1, Joeysms and 3 others
My GP says mine is U-IC, while the urologist sez OAB. Either way, I wear when necessary. I'm a bottom line kind of guy.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Pino, Neroforte and 1 other person
That is the main reason I wear diapers. I have the added fun of urge incontinence to go with it. The never knowing if it is a few drips or a flood when I use the toilet is why I will wear it. Also, my body has taken to saying I need to go then going at bad times and I would rather not have wet pants.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, joemama and chamberpot
For sure I would rather wear diapers then get arrested for peeing on the side of the road. I get at best a 5 minute window from I got to pee until I'm peeing ready or not.

Reactions: UrgentWees, AttilaThePun, NappiedTruckDriver and 2 others
I wear all time as I’m a truck driver and can’t keep stopping all the time

• Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Constantlydamp, Joeysms and 1 other person
I’m just home from a routine visit with my urologist and we talked about my urge incontinence and OAB. She offered to prescribe more FloMax but I declined and explained to her that I was coping with my problems by employing diapers “ as needed” and didn’t want another pill to have to take every day.

Reactions: GabyinPurple, AttilaThePun, Joeysms and 3 others
i hopefully in time you will find a comfort zone with wearing. meds have always been a miss for me the side effects out weighted the little benefits. diapers don't have bad side effects. diapers keep the outside dry reduce stress and anxiety which neither of those are good for you. for me diapers are a win win. today's doctors are very much into medication. taking a pill or injection is not going to cure you but hopefully help (provide a relief/benefit). i started out with OAB that increased in time added to it urge. diapers allow me to just go about my day doing whatever i want. i can watch a movie, enjoy a concert, ride the train, and etc in comfort. i smile at the end of a movie watching the mad rush of everyone to the restroom and many barely making it before wetting themselves.

Reactions: joemama, AttilaThePun, CLPP and 1 other person
I'm comfortable with wearing I was just curious as to who else has this issue. Nights are almost always wet when I get up I have good and bad days during the day sometimes I can use pull-ups and make it while others I'm wearing diapers because it's so frequent. Even on a good day I'm usually peeing 2 or more times in an hour. I will say as a 31 year old male it is frustrating because of working. And also I had one urologist that was like your young for this like I didn't know there was an age limit.

Reactions: joemama and CLPP
slimjiminy said:
My GP says mine is U-IC, while the urologist sez OAB. Either way, I wear when necessary. I'm a bottom line kind of guy.
U-IC is the symptom, OAB is the cause/diagnosis.

Reactions: GabyinPurple
chamberpot said:
For sure I would rather wear diapers then get arrested for peeing on the side of the road. I get at best a 5 minute window from I got to pee until I'm peeing ready or not.
This was one of the reasons that pushed me in to nappies too. Found myself taking an emergency wee in a golf course bunker one day as the police cruised by and thought “two offences at once (trespass + public urination), not worth it”.

Reactions: CLPP and chamberpot
So it's one of those things with medication. I think that the effect is often misunderstood and that's why many people say that they don't help. If you take medication such as Tolderdorin or Betminga, the signal flow to the bladder muscle is dampened. As a result, it can no longer contract as much and this helps you to hold your urine better again. However, this does not always mean that the urge disappears - it just becomes more manageable.

Some of the side effects can be reduced by slowly increasing the dose and either taking delayed-release forms or using divisible tablets which are then distributed throughout the day depending on the effect profile.

If this still does not work, the best way to get rid of the problem for at least 6-10 months is to inject Botox into the bladder. If you are young and do not have a prostate problem or other obstructions, urinary retention is very rare. This is actually the only common side effect.
So if it really bothers you, I would talk to your doctor about Botox treatment.

How ever - to answer the question - many people wear protection because of OAB

Diaperedmedic92 said:
I'm comfortable with wearing I was just curious as to who else has this issue. Nights are almost always wet when I get up I have good and bad days during the day sometimes I can use pull-ups and make it while others I'm wearing diapers because it's so frequent. Even on a good day I'm usually peeing 2 or more times in an hour. I will say as a 31 year old male it is frustrating because of working. And also I had one urologist that was like your young for this like I didn't know there was an age limit.
glad to read you have your comfort zone that is an important piece of it all. good and bad days for me are more set on emotion as far as my diapering goes some days i wet extremely heavy and some can be lite. the lite days have gotten less over time. work is challenging more so when you are on your feet the majority of the timed your day changes (differs some each day). working out a routine helps for me be prepared for whatever might happen and smile through the times the unexpected happen which that will always happen from time to time. i have a good relationship with all my doctors including my urologist, and i openly speak what i think with them all. IC issues have no age requirement. it is more commonly associated with the older generation, but it doesn't discriminate against age. One thing to prepare for when it does start at a younger age traditionally with age your IC increases. there could be that time the pullups are no longer a go to option.

Yes I have OAB as well. My primary issue has been the very slow but steady drip. Using Tena moderate pads worked well in regular underwear for awhile but now I'm in pullups and Threaded Armor at night.

I don't need briefs yet but will wear alternately use instead of pull-ups because of the rising prices. I've been able to find briefs very cheap at thrift stores and FB marketplace, like ridiculously cheap. Anyway that's another subject.

Reactions: Lethdale
Back