Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
HI there i was wondering if any one had any tips on what kind of doctor i should go to for chronic constipation ?
and how should i approach this ?

Jammy said:
HI there i was wondering if any one had any tips on what kind of doctor i should go to for chronic constipation ?
and how should i approach this ?
bowel issues*

Not sure where you are, but in UK its a gastroenterologist.

Before you get that far the GP (General Practitioner) will see you and likely unless you have a change in bowel habits or bleeding you will be given diet advice, maybe laxatives.

I have had constipation issues all my life and now try to avoid chemical laxatives by taking natural fibre supplements and if needed stimulating a bowel movement with a bulb enema of warm water.

Reactions: Diprs2 and uknappygirl
I have also experienced constipation fairly regularly. I see a gastroenterologist every 6 months but my GP has been really good too.

I agree with @roma101 that I’ve tried to avoid chemical laxatives when possible by managing my diet and using an enema to help. Sometimes though I’ve found I have no alternative but to use some of the prescribed laxatives.

I hope that helps. Happy to chat more if you need. X

Reactions: Diprs2 and Kittyinpink
ukbabygirl said:
I have also experienced constipation fairly regularly.... Sometimes though I’ve found I have no alternative but to use some of the prescribed laxatives.
I usually have the opposite problem. I love black coffee but over the last 6 months it has been acting as a laxative for me. So I now abstain from coffee in the morning if I know I am leaving the house. So that might work for you as a more natural laxative.

Reactions: Diprs2 and uknappygirl
slimjiminy said:
I usually have the opposite problem. I love black coffee but over the last 6 months it has been acting as a laxative for me. So I now abstain from coffee in the morning if I know I am leaving the house. So that might work for you as a more natural laxative.
Good tip thanks :) I know what you mean. I sometimes have the opposite problem too.

Reactions: Diprs2
I love coffee but I keep it for 2 cups. As for my bowel habits, once in a while I feel it from the coffee but I've rarely had loose stool. Most of the messes I have are all solid (thankfully?). The coffee just increases the urge.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back