Not getting up at night much anymore but...

Last night moved up from a Tena Proskin Maxi xl to a Tena Proskin Ultima xl and the bed pad remained dry. I am now getting seven or eight hours sleep and become semi conscious when I wet but just roll on my back and do not even fully wake before going back to sleep. I am a heavy wetter and the increased absorbency of the Ultima coped with my leaks admirably. No more getting up to go to the toilet 3,4 or 5 times and then struggling to get back to sleep.

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Edgewater said:
Fully understand your position. Far too many individuals are near silent during a medical visit and/or miss what was said. I also believe that it is common for lurkers to read the threads and the information contained and unlike you, do not communicate well.
Sorry if I offended you.
No reason to apologize - very valid point you made. I know my doctor since decades and he's one of those who do not show himself as a "god of medicine" but like a very good adviser with big medical experience, meeting on en "eye level" with his patients. You can tell and ask everything, he gives his advices, showing pro and cons to a certain treatment or cure and leaves the decision what to do with you. So concerning my IC we could exclude serious medical problems behind it, he found me being OK with wearing protection, so he is fine with my decision and supports me with that. He's quite relaxed with this, telling me that around 20% of his patients in my age range of 60+ have continence issues to deal with and he's glad that I somehow accepted my condition and handling it in a proper, positive way.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Edgewater and Diprs2
Constantlydamp said:
Last night moved up from a Tena Proskin Maxi xl to a Tena Proskin Ultima xl and the bed pad remained dry. I am now getting seven or eight hours sleep and become semi conscious when I wet but just roll on my back and do not even fully wake before going back to sleep. I am a heavy wetter and the increased absorbency of the Ultima coped with my leaks admirably. No more getting up to go to the toilet 3,4 or 5 times and then struggling to get back to sleep.
Fortunately the Tena Proskin Maxi Medium saturates enough for me - only 2 very small leaks in the last 3 months, although well used every night as I can see with my change in the morning.
I'm sure it's a good feeling for you if you found with the Ultima a product which fits exactly to your needs!

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and Constantlydamp
Back