Not feeling the need to go

This happens to me but I have developmental disability that impacts sensory issues

Reactions: Diprs2
Did you ever ask or talk to a doctor about this? Because you might be assuming this comes from incontinence issues while it may be very well being caused by something else.

I often can't feel myself going at night or only after it is too late and I'm going as I wake up. The stress of waking up suddenly and needing to rush to the bathroom to maybe make it was too much and I was losing tons of sleep.
So now I wear to bed every night so I can just relax and focus on sleep instead of if I'm going to wet the bed again or not.
Daytime I need to wear if I can't get to a bathroom at all for over an hour, the anxiety and stress makes it worse of course too.

sometimes i don't really feel i gotta go until i start wetting myself. usually i got my pampers on so i just go in that. but it is a pain at times when i just changed or have to go do something. used to be really self conscious about it and now not so much

Reactions: Diprs2, sport1 and Needdiscipline
Milianna said:
This is a bit of a surprising development honestly and it scares me.

For context, I do have urge urinary incontinence. Usually my urges come on suddenly and they're pretty severe. But this time around, I didn't actually have any urges. I didn't really feel anything other than a slight feeling of something being a little off. But when I decided to use the bathroom just to try, I realized that I had to go. And quite badly.

This does happen from time to time. But it never fails to scare me more than the usual urges. I'm not entirely sure why my bladder sometimes gives no signals for needing to go quite badly or it gives urges to go when there's not much in there in the first place.
This is like my life. Again I thought this was normal.

I finally convinced my urologist that my urge incontinence could no longer be controlled with heavy absorbent diapers. I started with moderate 15 years ago and now have graduated to heavy diapers. I'm healthy and the cause hasn't been identified by 6 urologists I've met with. No cause diagnosed means wear diapers. That's fine when you are using moderate diapers. I had to push hard to convince my urologist to finally allow me to use a foley. I wonder what a urologist in my position would do. The most happiest day in my life was when I got my first indewlling catheter. I travel for business a lot and I had to change 3 times during the day. If not I would leak because the diaper no matter how absorbent couldn't absorb the flow. I also had no idea how much voiding was happening until my pants got wet. I got upset with my urologist who tried to talk me out of a foley. What changed her mind was providing detailed on the go daily life wearing diapers in social and business settings. Make sure you go through the long process of test, diet, medication and using diapers before you ask for a foley. I had to go through the process to make a decision that was in my personal best interest.

If my incontinence was curable I would still wear diapers because most treatments are not 100%. But now I can't control my incontinence and wish I could go back to wearing diapers. Now I'm permanently incontinent and diapers don't work. For me a foley was a positive life changer.

Last edited:
kdlstarry9 said:
sometimes i don't really feel i gotta go until i start wetting myself. usually i got my pampers on so i just go in that. but it is a pain at times when i just changed or have to go do something. used to be really self conscious about it and now not so much
Thats the same way I feel started slowly losing control I sometimes look down and the yellow line is dark blue.

Often I wet my self without any warning. I just feel the warmth spreading through my nappy. I pee heavil;y at night during my sleep with no knowlege of it.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
I’m dealing with something similar. I have had problems with my bladder since I was maybe 8-10 and I don’t know if I have ever felt the feeling of filling my bladder but usually I will get a strong (to me) sudden urge to go which gives me currently 5-6 minutes to pee before I risk accidents. Well more recently I am starting to either not feel the urge as strong and thus not “hearing it” or I’m just out right not getting a urge till I pee. It’s kinda hard for me to evaluate because I denied the issues for a while and haven’t seemed help since I was 18 (23 now). I’m trying to get into see a urologist now and hopefully they will have some answers. Worried it could be neurological based off of a life time or problems. Last dr said it was OAB and tried blends but the symptoms don’t seem right to me

Back