NorthShore Website Down

DL1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Anyone have any idea why NorthShore is down? Been down for more than 24 hours now and I needed to reorder MegaMax as I have only a week left. April 2nd till April 3rd 2024 it’s been down for at least.

Reactions: Edgewater
I noticed that too… they haven’t posted an update. It says you can call to make a order

Reactions: geka and Edgewater
They have a phone number

• Love
iatec779 said:
They have a phone number
Yes, Please Call!!
Their site maybe down, but you can simply call them and they will set your order in place and ship it quickly!

Reactions: Deleted member 79918
My point is also wondering why a site would be down for more than 24 hours. It would have to be a significant event beyond the scope of a disaster recovery plan.

I would assume either they had a massive data breach or ransomeware that also took out automated backups. Could be something more mundane however I assume it would be of the scale above.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
DL1989 said:
Anyone have any idea why NorthShore is down? Been down for more than 24 hours now and I needed to reorder MegaMax as I have only a week left. April 2nd till April 3rd 2024 it’s been down for at least.
Good evening/morning all. I was planning on order the MAX Air Briefs/Diapers and saw this. I'll have to call tomorrow to place my order. I've attached a screenshot so everyone has their phone number. I hope all is well.

Attachments

• NORTHSHORE WEBSITE.jpg
    NORTHSHORE WEBSITE.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 17
Ouch. After 24 hours, this is looking like a truly catastrophic failure, like maybe the site was lost and hadn’t been backed up. I suspect they’ll be advertising a web administrator position soon.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater, AJFan2020 and 1 other person
Llmedico has megamax.

It’s back up as of 6:10am ET

Reactions: HereWeGo2169 and Edgewater
Yesterday we saw a lot of weird issues with other sites. In some cases things started routing to odd locations especially on Akamai hosted ones. I saw sites redirecting to Brazil and Hong Kong when usually it’s Europe or the US. We use geoip blocking so I know it caused some sites to be off just from that. For sure both Facebook and Apple had outages on the news coverage side. If I had to guess, earthquake in Taiwan caused weird stuff on internet. Thousand eyes monitoring also saw a huge uptick on backbone providers like hurricane electric and level 3. Would be surprising if it was just north shore offline at the same time, may have been their provider.

DL1989 said:
My point is also wondering why a site would be down for more than 24 hours. It would have to be a significant event beyond the scope of a disaster recovery plan.

I would assume either they had a massive data breach or ransomeware that also took out automated backups. Could be something more mundane however I assume it would be of the scale above.
Could be a cyber attack.. a friend of mine works with computers. Nobody is talking about it but they have been going on all over. Sometimes these companys haveto shut down to protect of do maintinence as well.

I just checked and it's back up now.

Poetin doesn't like people in diapers....

DLGary said:
Could be a cyber attack.. a friend of mine works with computers. Nobody is talking about it but they have been going on all over. Sometimes these companys haveto shut down to protect of do maintinence as well.
If it's for planned maintenance there is usually an announcement before hand.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
One of my business' suppliers' sites was down for weeks due to a server issue across New Year's, and it was so bad that I couldn't even place a phone order. Nothing worked. The warehouses were closed because the fulfillment systems were dead. This is a huge company, and I'm sure that whatever it was cost them millions. I was never told what happened, but obviously it was serious. Going down right before Christmas when all the Very Smart People would be on vacation for a couple of weeks surely didn't help.

These things do happen. Earthquakes, storms in the Midwest and northeastern US, attacks.....really it's a wonder it's all as stable as it is.

Got an email from this this morning, it wasn't planned (see blurb below). Says "technical issues." I sure hope they didn't experience a data ... um .... leak :LOL::geek:

1712248706728.png

• Haha
Reactions: DL1989 and PadPhilosopher
Back