Northshore vs Abena

Gemini27

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been a long time northshore megamax wearer but having just bought a house and other life events, I want to cut my budget some where I can. I know a lot of people like Abena, which is almost 50% of the cost per diaper compared to northshore. I have never used Abena before, and I was wondering if switching over is worth it. Is leaking common with Abena? how far do they come up on your back? Do they have good odor control? Etc

They are good diapers depending on how active you are. If you are really active they tend to clump over time unlike mega max. They are smaller size for size than mega max but that’s just due to mega max being abnormally large. They are not as absorbent but depending on your usage/changing pattern that might not matter. If I were to wear for a 24 hour period I would go through 2-3 mega max’s where as it would be 3-4 abenas. Overall they are a good diaper for there price.

I am also a fan of incontrol originals which are great for their price

Reactions: Gemini27
Been in Abena for decade +
L4 plastic bake d& sticky tapes version
they also have a cloth & Velcro version but it's 💩

with the plastic backed version i have never had a problem in all my years
they have the dual tape system so you can refasten it once
absorb a lot. I add a booster at night
odor control is decent

only thing is they don't breathe great so add some extra powder especially on hips

Northshore around here is insanely expensive so I highly recommend Abena M4 or L4

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony and Gemini27
SparkyDog said:
Been in Abena for decade +
L4 plastic bake d& sticky tapes version
they also have a cloth & Velcro version but it's 💩

with the plastic backed version i have never had a problem in all my years
they have the dual tape system so you can refasten it once
absorb a lot. I add a booster at night
odor control is decent

only thing is they don't breathe great so add some extra powder especially on hips

Northshore around here is insanely expensive so I highly recommend Abena M4 or L4
What is the difference between m4 and L4?

Gemini27 said:
What is the difference between m4 and L4?
M is Medium L is large
4 is their highest level diaper for absorbency

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Jonnythepony and Gemini27
This Gal a North-Shore MegaMax wearer, but I have use Adena in the pass !
The main reasons for MagaMax is I can get them with next day shipping with no big extra cost shipping along the colors they have ! It does take a week for me to get Abena , they are a fairly good diapers over all !

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Back