Northshore Megamax

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancedriver42

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Curious if anyone has noticed a difference in the Megamax’s lately. Just got 2 packs in the mail yesterday directly from Northshore. The plastic seems thinner and the lining on the inside seems more like that of an abena. They are a bit lighter, and thinner all together. You can feel the dry gel through the outer shell. The landing strip is different also. Not sure if this has anything to do with the tariff increase. They are deffinately different than the ones I ordered back in late July. They feel more like a cheap medical brief..... hopefully it’s not a sign for things to come. I really like the company as well as their products.

Is the landing zone plastic thinner?

Slightly I suppose. The tapes don’t seem as sticky, however they still hold fine. Easier to unfasten and refasten. That’s really the only good thing.

Reactions: landingxray
I got some samples and they held up good im got order a pack soon . I keep that in mind i might keep the one sample i got left and compare when my pack comes

I got an order a few weeks ago and use them nightly. I haven’t noticed a difference.

lancedriver42 said:
Slightly I suppose. The tapes don’t seem as sticky, however they still hold fine. Easier to unfasten and refasten. That’s really the only good thing.
I like that!

Hmmm I've never tried the "old" ones, so I can't really say one way or another. I came into this thread ready to talk about what a fan I am, but how they run big. I'm a size S in the supremes, so I can't size down for Megamaxes but was ready to help someone else do it. It'd be nice to be able to wear them out.

To be honest, I’d rather have a cheaper plastic that is crinkly and have a lower price on them. Producers put too much thought into the crinkle. There is almost always enough ambient noise to cover what little crinkle makes it past your clothing.

mayhem said:
To be honest, I’d rather have a cheaper plastic that is crinkly and have a lower price on them. Producers put too much thought into the crinkle. There is almost always enough ambient noise to cover what little crinkle makes it past your clothing.
You are so right. They need to just budget on the plastic covering and make the inside softer and poofier. Its a good balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back