Northshore Megamax AirLock

daylight said:
User causing fold? I thought the recommendation is to fold lengthwise to to create a channel for fitting and open up the diaper.

My experience, NS and other higher holding diapers use a lot of SAP to accomplish their high volume claims. Not a secret or surprise. There are products with lower SAP percentages which, I believe allow for a better distribution of liquid and less expansion - similar to the accolades of using cloth but, with better wetness protection against your skin.
Edgewater's point was, by failing to open and adding the "U" fold to the diaper before wearing, people will get a bunch-up where the urine doesn't spread evenly.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Even with adding a "u" to the diaper and trying to fluff the diaper up, I still have a lot of problems getting the megamax to use the back properly. Maybe it is because I leak so little at a time it gets absorbed quickly? I feel like I leak small amounts constantly and the front and middle of the diaper fills up completely before allowing any urine to start making its way to the back.

• Sad
I saw these and immediately got some. May be my new favorite diaper. They just took the plastic backed tape and put it on the cloth back. Extremely comfortable and hold up wonderfully

• Love
daylight said:
User causing fold? I thought the recommendation is to fold lengthwise to to create a channel for fitting and open up the diaper.

My experience, NS and other higher holding diapers use a lot of SAP to accomplish their high volume claims. Not a secret or surprise. There are products with lower SAP percentages which, I believe allow for a better distribution of liquid and less expansion - similar to the accolades of using cloth but, with better wetness protection against your skin.
My exact statement was: "Note, the Bunch-Up seems to be an effect of the diaper not being opened and the user causing a "U" fold along the centerline of the diaper from front to back." It could have been stated a bit clearly by adding the words: "needing to cause" in place of causing. Sorry for my lack of more precise word use!

That statement was targeted toward individuals that have a 'specific problem' with the manufacturing (packaging folds) that occurs just prior to and behind the targeted urine receiving area. Unless those folds are knock-down (opened up into a "U" shape), urine can pool in that area. This problem exists with all adult tab style diapers and the resistants for the folds to releasing becomes more problematic /overcome the older the diaper becomes. Keeping disposable diapers for historical reasons should be avoided as such older diapers begin to develop problems with time and variation is storage temperature.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaddedRita, newt and KechoDrips
KechoDrips said:
Even with adding a "u" to the diaper and trying to fluff the diaper up, I still have a lot of problems getting the megamax to use the back properly. Maybe it is because I leak so little at a time it gets absorbed quickly? I feel like I leak small amounts constantly and the front and middle of the diaper fills up completely before allowing any urine to start making its way to the back.
What you are describing, is in fact, a real problem with near all of the premium, high-volume diapers as one of the many assumptions is that the wearer has choose this product group because their flow rates and volume is greater, as a result, their urine flows carrying it quickly to the back (or front) for absorption.

My choose of using MEGAMAX is based on my not being able to forecast whether I will have a dribbling night of light total volume or a high-volume /flow night as it all depends on whether communication is over-active, everything elected to take the night-off or someplace between. I have long keep a Journal as to be able to define Kinney function.

The ABDL group tend to totally forget that ones ability to have continent is a critical part defining one's the health status of several organs and illness.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaddedRita and newt
I was finally able to order several cases of these as well as several cases of the new AirLock Lites. In my haste to finally order some I did not think to make sure that these will fit the same as regular MegaMax. I am hoping they are sized the same since they are in the same family tree...

Reactions: Edgewater
Llayden said:
I was finally able to order several cases of these as well as several cases of the new AirLock Lites. In my haste to finally order some I did not think to make sure that these will fit the same as regular MegaMax. I am hoping they are sized the same since they are in the same family tree...
They fit like the MegaMax plastic or MegaMax Air. Unlike the MegaMax Air original these tapes would pull a 747 without breaking. I love the full fit but I might try a small for a more discrete option. Like on the regular MegaMax I can wear either small or medium. I prefer the medium but if I was wearing it out I'd go for the small. It does not fit like the Supreme line which I find to wear much smaller for a given size.

Okay, let me give my review! They are so comfortable but they do still bunch up! However the tapes are so more secure! So I have to say they are so much better

Edgewater said:
Sorry for my lack of more precise word use!

Just this once, ;).

Edgewater said:
...based on my not being able to forecast whether I will have a dribbling night of light total volume or a high-volume /flow night...

Why, I find Mega[whatever], high SAP in general, to not work for me and my bladder of many low volume and some medium volume leakage. The expansion shuts down the ability to disperse urine.

I guess...thinking about it...taping on the diaper very loosely or only the top tapes would allow better distribution. Something to try/experience.

daylight said:
Just this once, ;).

Why, I find Mega[whatever], high SAP in general, to not work for me and my bladder of many low volume and some medium volume leakage. The expansion shuts down the ability to disperse urine.

I guess...thinking about it...taping on the diaper very loosely or only the top tapes would allow better distribution. Something to try/experience.
What do you typically use throughout the day and how often do you change?

daylight said:
Just this once, ;).

Well, you seem to have found a diaper that is working for you and after all that is the real goal!
That said; a diaper liner may help to move the flow a bit further into the diaper, but that may just complicate the process.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita and newt
sassypigtailz said:
Just order a couple of bags of AirLock MegaMax with high hopes. Northshore is amazing so I’ll know on July 14th
Reporting back that these are legit. Super light and strong they hold lots just like a regular MegaMax. Airlock is light and airy fur summertime. I hope the other colors are printed too. I will predict they they will be popular. Wearing one all afternoon yesterday as I worked around the house they were like wearing clouds. So soft and fluffy…..winner chicken dinner. Swell up nice on a few voids. It held plenty and asked fur more before I finally changed.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, insideoutlier, Edgewater and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
Well, you seem to have found a diaper that is working for you and after all that is the real goal!
That said; a diaper liner may help to move the flow a bit further into the diaper, but that may just complicate the process.

More like a category of absorbency and SAP content or lack of. Not necessarily a brand, I definitely can see if one finds their preferred product, they would be an ambassador for it.

Your suggestion of a liner does help when I tried it, and others have mentioned it as well. Agree, does make it more complex and one reason I find it not being a fit for me. YMMV. E.g., micro-fleece.

I hope I did not offend you with my humor, it can be cutting at times.

KechoDrips said:
What do you typically use throughout the day and how often do you change?

Short answer, I change when I need to. It’s too complicated to say every n hours or m products. I’ve had Abena M2 last a 1/2 hour and 5 hours. Same w CKs.

What I use varies as well, from nothing (yay), pull on underwear, to diapers (paper and cloth).

Specifically, well, Calvin Klein, Abena 0,1,2 levels, Molicare mobile and 8D, ATN, cloth contours w or w/o flats. Liking Seni at the moment too. Mainly cloth-backed, moved away from plastic-backed.

daylight said:
More like a category of absorbency and SAP content or lack of. Not necessarily a brand, I definitely can see if one finds their preferred product, they would be an ambassador for it.

Your suggestion of a liner does help when I tried it, and others have mentioned it as well. Agree, does make it more complex and one reason I find it not being a fit for me. YMMV. E.g., micro-fleece.

I hope I did not offend you with my humor, it can be cutting at times.
Edgy humor requires a multilevel functioning mind, which near everyone has but few use. Brought a smile, thanks!

Got my two samples (4 diapers) and wore one last night. Drank 1 liter of sofa before bed and woke up needing to pee. Just used the diaper and it held up nicely. It bulked up quite a bit bit didn't leak. Wearing another one and went about my day. No issues.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy and Edgewater
Are these a "true" breathable or cloth covering a plastic backstreet?. The clamminess of true breathables is off-putting for me and as my primary incontinence is fecal,odor control is very important as well. I prefer the odor control of reg megamax and plastic backed but hate the noises of plastic briefs. These are total breathable sides im guessing

Haven't try them yet ! With my next mothly order going to ask for a sample if I can ???

Reactions: newt and Edgewater
@PaddedRita yes you can. Also, if you chat with support, you can request if samples can be sent out prior to the next shipment in order to consider adding to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: newt and Edgewater
utefan said:
Are these a "true" breathable or cloth covering a plastic backstreet?. The clamminess of true breathables is off-putting for me and as my primary incontinence is fecal,odor control is very important as well. I prefer the odor control of reg megamax and plastic backed but hate the noises of plastic briefs. These are total breathable sides im guessing
they are more of a cloth covered plastic backsheet with breathable sides, but they have the same landing zone as the regular Megamax

Reactions: Jk95, LiddleBigBoy and Edgewater
Back