Northshore Megamax AirLock

Blacksmith said:
they are more of a cloth covered plastic backsheet with breathable sides, but they have the same landing zone as the regular Megamax
ty

Reactions: Edgewater
Blacksmith said:
they are more of a cloth covered plastic backsheet with breathable sides, but they have the same landing zone as the regular Megamax
So, just so I have this right, the plastic backsheet does not extend to the wings, it is breathable like an abu preschool? Not like an alphagatorz or a little kings where the plastic extends to the wings?

PrettyLilPrincess said:
So, just so I have this right, the plastic backsheet does not extend to the wings, it is breathable like an abu preschool? Not like an alphagatorz or a little kings where the plastic extends to the wings?
Yes it is breathable in the wings, not plastic. The material doesn't really sag/stretch much over several hours either.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrettyLilPrincess
The Megamax airlock is honestly pretty impressive to me, I ordered some samples of medium and large to try. I'm definitely glad I ordered samples first because I'd have ordered large and they are too big for me. I have since ordered 2 cases of medium, one in white and one in black and will be testing them as thoroughly as I can! They will probably be my replacement for dry 24/7 as they are at least the same if not more absorbent and are extremely comfortable for a fabric backed diaper.

I also tried the airlock lite and was equally impressed with them, they are exactly the same as the Megamax airlock just less absorbent. They are comparable to something like the Incontrol air, attends premiere or abena M4/L4. I didn't order any more yet because I have too many diapers in that absorbency range but they are a diaper I would absolutely recommend.

Reactions: DPLuvAB, newt and Alastair
I agree! I love these new additions!!!!

KenworthW900b said:
The Megamax airlock is honestly pretty impressive to me, I ordered some samples of medium and large to try. I'm definitely glad I ordered samples first because I'd have ordered large and they are too big for me. I have since ordered 2 cases of medium, one in white and one in black and will be testing them as thoroughly as I can! They will probably be my replacement for dry 24/7 as they are at least the same if not more absorbent and are extremely comfortable for a fabric backed diaper.

I also tried the airlock lite and was equally impressed with them, they are exactly the same as the Megamax airlock just less absorbent. They are comparable to something like the Incontrol air, attends premiere or abena M4/L4. I didn't order any more yet because I have too many diapers in that absorbency range but they are a diaper I would absolutely recommend.
I just now realized they have the Airlock lite. I immediately bought 2 packs. My problem with northshore is everything that was not a megamax never fit me well. I was always perfectly in between M and L for the Supremes and AirSupremes and lites. I really wanted some thinner ones but I could never get them from northshore. But knowing the megamax air lites should fit me, be thinner, AND give the advantages of the Airlock landing is a dream come true.

I got a sample a few days ago... Gonna be trying them soon

I personally can't go on with them. I find that they sag too much and tend to leak around the legs faster than plastic-backed diapers. I don't seem to have any issues that would benefit from the breathable sides so I will probably avoid these going forward.

KechoDrips said:
I personally can't go on with them. I find that they sag too much and tend to leak around the legs faster than plastic-backed diapers. I don't seem to have any issues that would benefit from the breathable sides so I will probably avoid these going forward.
I feel that. Its why I don't really use the normal megamax airlock despite its better landing pad. But I'm hoping the lites aren't as bad with the sagging because I won't be wearing them in longer situations I'd otherwise need a regular megamax. Only bought 2 packs so if I'm wrong not too big a hit.

I'm not a fan of velcro and stretchy sides. I always feel the pad isn't as tight as it should be even when dry.

woolyDL said:
I'm not a fan of velcro and stretchy sides. I always feel the pad isn't as tight as it should be even when dry.
The new megamax airlock doesnt have velcro tabs. It has the same plastic landing pad and tabs as megamax but are otherwise clothbacked. Definitely an improvement over regular cloth backed but still doesn't beat the original

I'd agree then, I'm no way a fan of cloth backed nappies mainly because of the texture but secondly the fixings.
I did get sent a sample of similar but in reverse... plastic backed body with velcro tabs, can't remember which it was but I've still got one somewhere.... TERRIBLE is the review, no waist tightness

I'll still avoid them...all imitation cloth products.

Back