ABAlex2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
Hello,

So similar topic to the "ABDL in popular culture" threat, but a bit different.

I want to ask if anyone's read books that have elements that would work perfectly in kink stories (ABDL, sissy, pet play, bdsm, what have you) but are written as normal, or for apparent other reasons. This can be as extreme or subtle, and deliberate or accidental as possible.

For example:

Brideshead Revisited (a semi classic novel) has a character named "Sebastian" who is a university undergrad that carries around a teddy bear, acts in a very childish manner, and is generally treated in line with that. He definitely isn't meant to be a "little," it was a critique of the naivete of the upper class, but I could definitely see the same character in a kink story.

The Garden of Eden, an unfinished novel by Hemingway, deals with a lot of gender flipping. A male character is pressured to present as female while his wife presents as male. Again, not sure what Hemmingway intended, but some parts would definitely work in a sissy story.

A probably ripe genre would be (As in swords and dragons fantasy, not AB fantasy) books I've read. The Wheel of Time (spoiler alert for the show) contained things that I only realized later were comparable to pet play, bdsm, and age play. Sword of Truth takes it further with an army of women who are basically dominatrixes. In both cases they are just written as normal parts of their 'worlds,' but I'm fairly certain that is what the author intended.

Back