No one understands

diapermax66

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Does anyone feel like no one understands their like of diapers?

Reactions: Peepeegirl, BobbiSueEllen, Wolfman69 and 2 others
I mean not the same but I think I was thinking the world of being Incontinent can be a lonely place sometimes. I have this forum but I very much face it alone I know of no one else in my predicament, I suppose it's the same for all areas of this forum it's a very taboo subject no one talks of it except online.

Reactions: LittleTyke, littledub1955, soggybottoms8882 and 2 others
Yup. Since I was about four years old I wanted to be an 18-month-old again. Through the years my mom would find whatever I was using for diapers. Sometimes, I'd not hide them so well, hoping she'd diaper me as a punishment if she found them, but never did. Each time, like when I'd get home from school, she'd ask me why I was doing this. Back then, all I could do was shrug as I couldn't explain how this was my way to cope with the severe bullying at school and all the medical stuff I was going through. She'd then threaten that the next time she'd find them she'd tell my dad. But when the next time came it was the same routine.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
diapermax66 said:
You got me thinking and I can’t think of anyone but my fellow ADISC members, guests, and lurkers that know of my love for diapers. There’s one friend that I’ve told that I wear 24/7 but I also told him of my dual incontinence that makes my wearing necessary. So I’m pretty sure no one understands my liking diapers because I haven’t told anyone that I like them. It’s kind of like golf. Those that don’t play don’t understand why people would hit a ball and chase it all over a field playing pasture pool until someone talks them into playing for their first time. Some take to diapers without needing to wear them as some people like golf without ever having played. Others learn to like diapers after beginning to need to wear them (me for one) like those who learn to love golf after someone talks them into trying it. How’s that for a severely stretched metaphor?

Reactions: LittleTyke, PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle and 5 others
It's OK. I don't understand them either.

This compulsive need to constantly flex and upstage and show off and compare themselves to others, even going into debt to do so. Getting excited over sweaty men they don't even know chasing balls around like dogs, religiously so. The need to sexualize everything and sexing themselves into multi generation poverty like intercourse is some kind of status symbol. Being afraid of colors and wearing black and gray and olive drab or sports wear. Making sure other people can hear how cool they think they are with their subwoofers, poor taste in music. Raising the volume of their combustion waste gasses to somehow symbolize their masculinity and asserting dominance over anyone who can hear it, consensual or not. Airing out their momma baby daddy drama in public and idolizing and mimicking ghetto speak and behaviors like it's something to aspire too. Getting drunk and acting stupid in large groups.

Its the "normal" people I don't understand at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Happy2BeInNappies2, BobbiSueEllen and 4 others
Zeke said:
You got me thinking and I can’t think of anyone but my fellow ADISC members, guests, and lurkers that know of my love for diapers. There’s one friend that I’ve told that I wear 24/7 but I also told him of my dual incontinence that makes my wearing necessary. So I’m pretty sure no one understands my liking diapers because I haven’t told anyone that I like them. It’s kind of like golf. Those that don’t play don’t understand why people would hit a ball and chase it all over a field playing pasture pool until someone talks them into playing for their first time. Some take to diapers without needing to wear them as some people like golf without ever having played. Others learn to like diapers after beginning to need to wear them (me for one) like those who learn to love golf after someone talks them into trying it. How’s that for a severely stretched metaphor?
I like your golf analogy. It made me think how we have our passions, things we really like doing and often have done them our entire life.

There have been some really good psychological reasons for enjoying diapers given on this site, some being attachment theory, sex mapping, etc. I think the brain is hard to understand. As a people, we have so many things in common if not identical to one another and at the same time, many differences. It's just part of being human.

A lot of people either don't realize and refuse to believe that very young children are able to feel sexual responses to experiences and things. Even babies get erections. One theory is that when we were very young, we might have been sexually stimulated at the site of diapers. We all had brothers, sisters or neighbors with babies and as a child, we typically saw their diapers, saw them being changed and smelled their dirty diapers. I think we make some sort of sexual attachment to that and because we are very young, we don't necessarily remember it but it's buried deep in our subconscious. Being hidden in our subconscious may be what makes wanting to wear diapers all the stronger because it's hard wired to our conscious without our realizing it. Just my two cents.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Tinklepanties and diapermax66
dogboy said:
I like your golf analogy. It made me think how we have our passions, things we really like doing and often have done them our entire life.

There have been some really good psychological reasons for enjoying diapers given on this site, some being attachment theory, sex mapping, etc. I think the brain is hard to understand. As a people, we have so many things in common if not identical to one another and at the same time, many differences. It's just part of being human.

A lot of people either don't realize and refuse to believe that very young children are able to feel sexual responses to experiences and things. Even babies get erections. One theory is that when we were very young, we might have been sexually stimulated at the site of diapers. We all had brothers, sisters or neighbors with babies and as a child, we typically saw their diapers, saw them being changed and smelled their dirty diapers. I think we make some sort of sexual attachment to that and because we are very young, we don't necessarily remember it but it's buried deep in our subconscious. Being hidden in our subconscious may be what makes wanting to wear diapers all the stronger because it's hard wired to our conscious without our realizing it. Just my two cents.
My attachment, when I was young, was to the touch stimulus of plastic pants against my bare tushie. One memory that I have is sitting in my plastic pants at night on the heater vent in my bedroom and feeling them getting warm and stretchy as they tightly fit against my backside. It was never a sexual thing for me until I came into puberty and then my affinity for plastic pants took on a whole new dimension. My mom offered to try diapers when she asked me what “I” thought “we” should do about my bed wetting at around age 6-7. She told me that she didn’t think that my suggestion of plastic pants to her question what we should do would do much good without diapers, which in those days would’ve been cloth flats or prefolds. So I turned down diapers and my chance to wake up in a dry bed for the next 3-4 years.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and dogboy
Dog boy: I hear you about how we developed our attraction to diapers at a young age. I have a different theory though. I think it was that diapers and their changing that gave an association with being cared for and loved. Rather than being sexual it was warmth and love and attention that we got when our diaper was changed.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Happy2BeInNappies2, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
Welcome to the club. Been this way for the last 60 years, the only people that understand are you guys and my beautiful Wife/mommy @MommaBunny

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Zeke and warmfeeling
Pretty sure every DL here understands...

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Zeke and warmfeeling
Not in particular about diapers since there are plenty people online to prove me otherwise.
But the feeling of not being understood has been prevalent for as long as i know.

Kayleigh said:
Dog boy: I hear you about how we developed our attraction to diapers at a young age. I have a different theory though. I think it was that diapers and their changing that gave an association with being cared for and loved. Rather than being sexual it was warmth and love and attention that we got when our diaper was changed.
Very plausible explanation indeed. It’s a vulnerable and intimate (non sexual) moment in caregiving. The connection to sexual comes later for many males, in puberty when sexual thoughts occupy many hours of the day. It feels like it’s inevitable to connect the two.
I also always liked the transitional object theory as well.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and dogboy
I would like to think every one on this forum understands our little fetish. but none of my friends or any one I even know would have any understanding of it at all. even though when I'm talking to someone out side or maybe in the pub, 9 times out of 10 I'll quite happily be wetting my nappy.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Tinklepanties
I only let a select few know about my diapers, and they are people that I know are understanding and accepting. I do not hide them, but I also don’t advertise the fact that I wear them either.

You know I spent quite a bit of time trying to look through my life and think about when my attachment to diapers start it. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter. I used to have a great degree of shame surrounding diapers. Multiple periodic purges. Nowadays I just accept it is part of who I am. It's something I enjoy and ultimately it doesn't impact anyone except me. I think sometimes we over complicate things. Sometimes the origin doesn't matter.

diapermax66 said:
It's not my problem

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, LittleAndAlone and Ravensteel
I should add that when I talk about a toddler having a sexual feeling or stimuli, it's not at all like an adult being sexually turned on. I can remember when I was very young and seeing diapers, there was that weird exciting feeling deep down inside me that made me want to see diapers again and again.

• Thinking
Reactions: Kayleigh and PadPhilosopher
Back