Next Botox injection preferred, bladder pain is mostly gone

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Since March i am doing a "light food" diet, originally for my stomach (light form of gastroparesis i think), and discovered that is helps my bladder a lot.

The test for Diabetes Insipidus was negative, same for the (x-time repeated) test of Diabetes Mellitus. So i was still struggling with the high amount of fluid intake, while being hypovolamic and dehydrated all the time, with high serum levels in calcium and potassium, while sodium is normal.

One doctor told me, that he recommends people with nocturia to prevent eating after 06:00 p.m., even "healthy foods" to reduce insulin output as much as possible, because insulin triggers the kidney to get rid of water, what causes thirst. I never had heard of that before and could not find much information about it, but the idea, i might have some kind of Pre-Diabetes struck me, i will have that checked as soon as possible. It is easy to test for insulin and glucose same time, the relation of both can get solid information.

Nevertheless i stopped eating after 06:00 p.m. as good as possible two weeks ago. I was told it will take some time to take effect.
Now i slept two nights in a row without getting up for the toilet and i had concentrated urine in the morning, this did not happen for many month now.
Perhaps this is a way to reduce my problems, i am down to less than 5000ml day, that is a reduction about 20%, not bad for a start, without my POTS getting worse.

I called my urologist to prefer the next Botox injection, i think i can handle the ISC now better. The problem was my insurance pays 4-6 catheter a day, what was way to less when drinking 6000ml day. With 4500ml a day this may work properly, perhaps i can get completely continent for some month, that would be great.

Side effect is i reduced my weight about 16 pounds (8kg), my blood pressure is getting a little lower either, but i am not sure that is a good development.

I just wanted to tell you guys, sometimes it is possible to get a little better with small modifications of behavior.
Perhaps that is all just a good coincidence, i will let you know about the development.

Last edited:
Reactions: EcoIncon and slimjiminy
That’s great news @Pino! I hope the diet and botox continues to pay dividends. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: Pino and hbic60
@Pino Sounds like even if it doesn't cure you, the changes you are making will be positive for your health... But I really hope it works. If I lived in Deutschland still, I would really miss the rahmschnitzel, pommes frites, and bratwurst... for my health, it's probably a good thing I'm not there any more ;-).

Good luck! I hope we hear more good news from you!

Back