New Tykables

sotexasDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I just got a message from Tykables about their upgraded 'Overnights', rated at 7000ML. Anybody tried these yet??

Reactions: littledreamers333
i saw this also!

sotexasDL said:
I just got a message from Tykables about their upgraded 'Overnights', rated at 7000ML. Anybody tried these yet??
i think that question is kind of hard to answer right now. This new model is recently release and maybe someone is going to get some buy the end of next week.

sotexasDL said:
They are the same as our Camelots, Cammies Pink, and upgraded Cammies Blue. So in a sense yes many people have, just not with the Overnights print on it. We have had this diaper construction for sale for a little while now and most people love it.

• Love
Reactions: perlFerret, neophyte, DL4L1992 and 6 others
I have the Camelot's. If they are the same as the overnights you will love them. Very absorbent. Love the fasteners. And be prepared to waddle.

Reactions: Safari
When will the XL sizes be available and restocked in the other models?

I'm apprehensive about this. It feels like a scheme to make Tykables more expensive without adding features that anyone would actually need. The previous overnights were already insanely absorbent. It's fine for Tykables to have one diaper in their catalog (Camelots) that kick the thickness and absorbency up to outrageous levels just for fun, but it's starting to become obvious that their plan is to have EVERY diaper they offer be that absorbent and that expensive.

I have a subscription to Tykables, which brings the price down to $2.25 per diaper. That's still crazy expensive, but (barely) worth it for a diaper that I like. If the price goes up I'll need to cancel my subscription, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. No one can afford to pay close to $3 apiece for a diaper that they wear regularly. I hope Tykables will reconsider this stupid plan. The market doesn't need diapers to get more and more insanely absorbent; what we need are diapers that are affordable.

Last edited:
Reactions: TreeLad, TigerDL, Kayleigh and 3 others
avery said:
I'm apprehensive about this. It feels like a scheme to make Tykables more expensive without adding features that anyone would actually need. The previous overnights were already insanely absorbent. It's fine for Tykables to have one diaper in their catalog (Camelots) that kick the thickness and absorbency up to outrageous levels just for fun, but it's starting to become obvious that their plan is to have EVERY diaper they offer be that absorbent and that expensive.

I have a subscription to Tykables, which brings the price down to $2.25 per diaper. That's still crazy expensive, but (barely) worth it for a diaper that I like. If the price goes up I'll need to cancel my subscription, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. No one can afford to pay close to $3 apiece for a diaper that they wear regularly. I hope Tykables will reconsider this stupid plan. The market doesn't need diapers to get more and more insanely absorbent; what we need are diapers that are affordable.
Thank You! I 100% agree!

Last edited:
what do the new ones look like?

avery said:

That seems like a rather sinister way of thinking. Do you know what some of the most requested things have been after the Camelots came out? "when will you upgrade the Overnights" "when will you make the other diapers on the same platform as the Camelot" etc. With upgrading these we have literally done what we were asked to do. We also brought out the Little Builders which is a lower cost per diaper print. We will alway take feedback into account when upgrading and expanding our line. Plus if nothing else, the Overnights will always been on our most absorbent platform, it is an Overnight diaper afterall; the name kind of implies it is the most absorbent of our line.

Reactions: WillFord384, RothwellBC, LittleCharlemangne and 1 other person
deebo said:
what do the new ones look like?
They look exactly the same, just upgraded.

Prices are going up for everyone at all points of the supply chain. Eventually it makes its way even to the abdl diaper market. It’s life.

Reactions: TigerDL and Honeywell6180
Bambino increased the price of their Bellissimos to $115.00 per case of 48, on sale during Labor Day for $103.00. Yes, everything is going up. Even Huggies, which now cost $25.00 for a box of 42 instead of 48. Then if you go to any drug store or pharmacy, the only thing you'll find is a frilly granny panty.

I think with the higher prices, Tykables has to build in more absorbency and thickness in order to remain competitive. Calling a diaper a "brief" is becoming less popular these days, and Todaler did mention that his prints out-sell anything that's a solid color or white. And so, customers start gravitating towards his company because they know that these are the real deal. They just want something that works like a diaper, looks like a diaper, and actually IS a diaper and not a "brief".

And so soon enough, the term "brief" will be synonymous with "cheap".

Reactions: LittleCharlemangne
todaler said:
They are the same as our Camelots, Cammies Pink, and upgraded Cammies Blue. So in a sense yes many people have, just not with the Overnights print on it. We have had this diaper construction for sale for a little while now and most people love it.
I've tried the Overnights somewhat recently, they're really fantastic and I love the prints, if they've gotten an upgrade, that's awesome.

Reactions: todaler
todaler said:
That seems like a rather sinister way of thinking. Do you know what some of the most requested things have been after the Camelots came out? "when will you upgrade the Overnights" "when will you make the other diapers on the same platform as the Camelot" etc.

Have you had customers requesting that you raise your prices? That would surprise me! More to the point, have you had customers requesting that you discontinue all your 6000ml products?

I'll be very sorry if I have to stop wearing Tykables, because I like them a lot and I'm glad to support a company that makes really good diapers. But at this point, you're turning your diapers into a boutique product that no one can afford to wear regularly. Maybe a few people could afford to buy a package now and then for special occasions. But is that really a sustainable business model?

We will alway take feedback into account

As a longtime loyal customer, here's my feedback: if you've got a good product, keep producing it! Don't discontinue it and replace it with something "better" (i.e. more expensive).

Thing is as an incontinent user of Tykables products I find that they are completely over the top. While the plastic shell and the reusable hook and loop tapes are brilliant quality I don't find much else apart from the print that amazing about them for starters they proclaim to have 6000ml absorption but I'd say I get just about as much out of one as I would an ordinary medical nappy rated at 2500ml before it begins to leak, I've tried out of curiosity to fill one to capacity with water because pee contains salts meaning the nappy won't absorb as much as if it was just plain water, now I have to say it held the water and it swelled up a heck of a lot but have you tried wearing one that is that full. I mean that's the best part of 6kg held round your waist the active little grips fighting hard against gravity not to give up, so you give up and plonk down this heavy thing and as you do SAP bursts out of every conceivable seam physically possible. In reality there claim to be the most absorbent nappy in the world is just to show off and say hey we're better than any other nappy company but in terms of user practically it's near on impossible to use it to it's maximum capacity and in the long run just ends up costing you a fortune for a glorified nappy cover with an even bigger environmental impact than a standard medical nappy. Rant over 😂
Oh and I forgot to add in a nappy that I'm supposed to be able to wear over night and throughout the day why do you have no odour control?

Last edited:
avery said:

I can’t speak for Tykables. But with all due respect, I’d question the “$3 is completely unaffordable” line. I wrote about this awhile back, but $3 per diaper is almost precisely in line with the inflation-adjusted (USD) prices that AB/DL diapers cost back in 2007. If one wants to complain about prices being too high now, logically one should have been making the same complaint for the last 14 years.

Inflation happens.

• Wow
Reactions: WillFord384 and TigerDL
avery said:
Have you had customers requesting that you raise your prices? That would surprise me! More to the point, have you had customers requesting that you discontinue all your 6000ml products?
I am not trying to be rude, but in a manner of speaking yes. Thicker and more absorbent diapers are almost always the top request. When people ask us to upgrade a diaper to be more like the Camelots it is assumed they understand the price would be the same as well.

That being said we brought out the Little Builders first, a 5000ml products that cost less per diaper than anything else we have. We have customers that want super thick diapers and thinner diapers. The issue is that people who want thinner diapers can also get medical brands which can be less as they come from much larger companies.

avery said:
I'll be very sorry if I have to stop wearing Tykables, because I like them a lot and I'm glad to support a company that makes really good diapers. But at this point, you're turning your diapers into a boutique product that no one can afford to wear regularly. Maybe a few people could afford to buy a package now and then for special occasions. But is that really a sustainable business model?
We will too, but our prices really haven't gone up. Anything that went from our 6000ml to the 7000ml increased $2 for a single bag, $5 for 4 bags, and $10 for 8 bags, that mostly just covers the added cases of production and shipping to you. There is an added cost for the extra fills and SAP and the boxes are bigger so they cost more to ship to the customer. If you are on our Big Littles Diaper Box subscription they are even discounted from that. But we are priced pretty competitively with Northshore, for example, and people swear that they are priced for a budget. MegaMax, $95, no shipping. Our 6000ML, 110 $15 more than NorthShore; how much does it cost to ship that box... about $15 on average for them; we pay slightly more I am sure. "Free shipping if you order two cases, anything over $100" -- Ok That is $190, that exact same price as all of our 6000ml products. For $10 more you get a 7000ml and fully printed.

eddy200 said:
Prices are going up for everyone at all points of the supply chain. Eventually it makes its way even to the abdl diaper market. It’s life.
Already has, every company is paying 3-4 times what it used to cost to import and that isn't going away for at least another year if ever. This new costs will start playing a factor into pricing, we have held off on raising prices due to this but when it levels off we will have to see what that means.

Reactions: WillFord384, Yooo, TigerDL and 2 others
A pack of Overnights in the UK are £23 a pack or £66 a case delivered, I don't know how that compares to the cost in the US but they're on par with any of the other premium brands. That's still pretty expensive if you're wearing regularly but for the occasional wearer like me they'll still be my go to overnight nappy. I welcome the improvement :)

I'm not going to complain about the price of things because I remember a time when we had like 1 or 2 ab diaper options and the rest was just medical briefs. I rather pay a little more for a more authentic product that works superior to whats medically on the market.
My biggest gripe is the unknowns of what the future hold, mainly product availability, things are tight now, but will it get worse or better in the months to come. Its almost to the point that perhaps tykables, abu and xp need to get together (lol diaper summit) and discuss the cost and options of building a factory in the US to cut down on expenses like shipping, although its unknown if its still cheaper to wait and import rather then pay for property, a building, machine maintenance and employee's.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL
Back