New tykables diaper - plastic shell with positional printing

Let me start by saying it's great that Tykables are releasing new stuff, and I love that this is plastic backed.

But their designs just kinda miss the mark for me. They just don't look enough like a real baby diaper. The colours are too bright, the characters just look weird and...why grass?

The logo and the clouds at the back look cute though.

Last edited:
Reactions: odd1inSyde, lilbabyjooce, INCOdy and 3 others
DloverUK said:
But their designs just kinda miss the mark for me. They just don't look enough like a real baby diaper. The colours are too bright, the characters just look weird and...why grass?
To each his/her own, but I don't particularly like their prints either. Most just don't quite say "baby" to me, which is important. I do like Puppers, though.

Last edited:
Looking at them more, I feel like the main off thing about them to me is that the front just looks like a landing zone print still with the designs cutting off halfway down the diaper. Only the back really utilizes the positional printing to a noticeable effect, which feels odd on their first positional printed diaper.

Reactions: DloverUK and TigerDL
Got my order in!! Always excited for a new look ;-)

I just ordered from them. I think I got Little Rascals and Waddler. $90.00 I think. I wanted to get the cargo shorts, but I don't want to wait till August! Impatient! I bet I should have ordered them, though! Oh, well. (I have so many diapers I have to weed through!)

PaddedInHaslet said:
Man I just want a good, all white plastic backed diaper with hook and loops tabs. That’s all I want.
In Control Elites are a good all white plastic diaper with good holding hook and loop.

Reactions: blaincorrous
MikeDJ said:
In Control Elites are a good all white plastic diaper with good holding hook and loop.
Yes they are my go to, but still not really all white. I want a 100% no marking white abdl diaper. Just give me an all white Tykables overnight and I am in heaven.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
Look very cute, would love to get some. I personally do not understand the need for the high absorbency. A human body should only really drink 2L depending on location/environment. So why 7000ml? Surely if the absorbency were lower it would "In theory" bring down the cost...

Ordered mine!

DiaperArch said:
So why 7000ml? Surely if the absorbency were lower it would "In theory" bring down the cost...
Because when we brought out the Camelots at 7000, it was overwhelming requested that everything be brought up to that and all new stuff. Thicker and higher capacity is always the #1 request. The Overnights, Camelots, Cammies Blue, and Cammies Pink are all also 7000ml.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyZinga, Angelapinks, WillFord384 and 3 others
todaler said:
Because when we brought out the Camelots at 7000, it was overwhelming requested that everything be brought up to that and all new stuff. Thicker and higher capacity is always the #1 request. The Overnights, Camelots, Cammies Blue, and Cammies Pink are all also 7000ml.

And this is one of the reasons why ABDL type diapers are preferred over other products for medical use. You cannot get the needed absorbency with what is available on the store shelves.

todaler said:
Do you plan on keeping some things at the lower capacity (like the little builders)?

Bmoredl said:
What about the bambino biancos?
I was super excited to try those recently, but was disappointed. The Velcro tapes came undone any time I moved. I tried a couple of them from my sample pack and tried varying levels of tightness, but same problem every time.

• Sad
Reactions: TigerDL
I do like the look of the new diapers they released. I wonder if Tykable is going to make briefs out of these new designs.

ZetaSonic said:
Ordered mine!
Same. Looking forward to them getting here

I will say this much, after wearing both the camalots and overnights (both @ 7,000ml) my comfort zone for sleeping is only 7k ml, I've woken up quite a few mornings in the past few months just wondering how I didnt have a leak during the night, with that being said, these are pretty cool, just wish the artwork and colors were more baby soft.

todaler said:

Let's say you have 100 customers. 98 of them are totally satisfied and never request any changes; they just buy your diapers. 2 of them request more absorbency. Do you increase the absorbency to please the 2, and risk alienating the 98?

Have you done any surveys of your customers to see what they actually want, or is your policy just "the squeakiest wheel gets the grease?"

I have a lot of trouble believing that the majority of your customers actually want 7000 ml worth of absorbency. It just sounds like an excuse to raise your prices. You would make way more of your customers happy (and gain new customers) if you made your diapers more affordable.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL and antte91
avery said:
Let's say you have 100 customers. 98 of them are totally satisfied and never request any changes; they just buy your diapers. 2 of them request more absorbency. Do you increase the absorbency to please the 2, and risk alienating the 98?

Have you done any surveys of your customers to see what they actually want, or is your policy just "the squeakiest wheel gets the grease?"

I have a lot of trouble believing that the majority of your customers actually want 7000 ml worth of absorbency. It just sounds like an excuse to raise your prices. You would make way more of your customers happy (and gain new customers) if you made your diapers more affordable.
I know these are challenging times for everyone and we would like to see pricing Stay the same. I am glad that Tykables is makeing a quality product. I have been dealing with IC for the last 2 years. Tykables has provided a consistant stable product from one order to tye next. The capacity of their diaper allows me less changes in the day and less anxiety in finding a bathroom. I do not blame Tykables for increaseing their costs. They are not the only diaper manufactuer doing so.

Trailers from Aisia went from 6k to nearly 20k in the past year. Driver shortages have cause freight cost to sky rocket. Resin shrotages and force major are crippling the plastics industry. Labor costs are on the rise.

As we continue oyr way into the future we are going to see costs of goods go up. Gas prucing are already growing.

When tykables buys in bulk they come in master cases. If you buy individual that case case to be broken down and a new box used. So the cost of labor to repackaging and shop out 1 individual case is higher. By order in larger qua ities you reduce tue labor and added cost. Label is made applied to the case then shipped. As a consumer, and packaging supplier I know buying in bulk makes the most sense for me. I applaued Tykables to continue to succeed in a market facing shortages, increased prices of raw material.

Reactions: WillFord384 and neopet
avery said:

I'm not trying to sound aggressive or "smart"; I am genuinely curious, have you done any surveying? How can you be so sure that you AREN'T the 2% asking for lower absorbency? Do you have data you can share? Maybe this site/forum would be a great place to setup a poll to see where product user's desires are? At least in this small pool of product users.

I like having lower absorbency options as well as something that is more robust. Being able to have a collection of different options allows me to tailor my protection to fit numerous scenarios. I too lament to loss of a few lower absorption options (most recently ABU culling a crop of lower absorbency designs). I do enjoy seeing new products and I do agree that "max absorbency" and different colors aren't the end all be all of diaper design and improvement. I'd love to see some development in lower absorbency products, pull-up products, and even much "greener" lower petroleum use products.

All that being said, I think these new prints look very nice. Positional printing should allow for some great designs on products for years to come with all the manufacturers making great products.

Reactions: DloverUK, TigerDL, Jonnythepony and 1 other person
Back