New Gaming console on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
BabyTyrant said:
Yeah that is true, but Microsoft is releasing a Discless Xbox One for a cheaper price than the One retails at in hopes of making a lot of sales.

They have already lost the current "console war" and there is no changing that, but they are hoping that they can make some more sales because a cheaper console would be more accessible to more people

not that the regular Xbox One or the One S is terribly expensive, even the X isnt bad considering it has some advantages over the PS4 Pro, including a 4k Blu-Ray player

yes they are releasing a Diskless variant, however the Xbox one has already run a long stable life. most people who will buy this already have some other version of a home entertainment device or just soley stream as is the norm anymore.

Stating that Microsoft has lost the console war is more a matter of opinion than fact as my PS4 Pro has essentially been used as a very expensive paperweight recently due to the fact that they dont really have any good exclusives anymore and most things get bought on the Xbox due to the cross platform multiplayer, that sony loaths, more wiggle room for games that allow mods, and overall the abillity to cast Games over to My PC to play. if anything sony started out with the lead then basicly shot themselves in the foot and are falling behind rapidly in the meta due to their self inflicted wound.

w0lfpack91 said:
yes they are releasing a Diskless variant, however the Xbox one has already run a long stable life. most people who will buy this already have some other version of a home entertainment device or just soley stream as is the norm anymore.

Stating that Microsoft has lost the console war is more a matter of opinion than fact as my PS4 Pro has essentially been used as a very expensive paperweight recently due to the fact that they dont really have any good exclusives anymore and most things get bought on the Xbox due to the cross platform multiplayer, that sony loaths, more wiggle room for games that allow mods, and overall the abillity to cast Games over to My PC to play. if anything sony started out with the lead then basicly shot themselves in the foot and are falling behind rapidly in the meta due to their self inflicted wound.

I'm not saying that Microsoft and Xbox havent done some nice things; but they lost the Console War for this Generation

I just looked up sales numbers and PS4 sold around 88 Million units, on the same website the Xbox One has sold 41 million units

These numbers may be outdated at this point, but sales numbers are quite arguably the #1 way to gauge how successful a gaming console has been and 88 million to 41 million is obviously showing a huge loss for Microsoft/Xbox that they are not gonna overcome.

The current gaming generation is on the way out and in a couple years the next one will arrive and then slowly the PS4 and Xbox One will become the "old technology" and at some point most Gamers will move on to PS5/NextBox Generation.

Honestly how many people are still actively playing PS3 and Xbox 360 Generation, given that a lot of the current generation of games can be found really really cheaply; unless they are recent games and even then a 6+ month old game is likely to be found around $30-$40 used which is way better than nearly $65 after tax.

Change that to a Year and you may be looking at closer to $20ish used.

Change that to 2 Years and you are more likely to be around $10-$15ish used off of eBay.

And that is why I predominantly buy used physical copies of games on eBay, if you are buying digitally and there are no discounts a game can still be $60 6 months to a year later, and several years out could still be $30-$40 instead of half of that or less on eBay used for a Physical copy

Reactions: 12srepaid
BabyTyrant said:
m not saying that Microsoft and Xbox havent done some nice things; but they lost the Console War for this Generation

I just looked up sales numbers and PS4 sold around 88 Million units, on the same website the Xbox One has sold 41 million units

These numbers may be outdated at this point, but sales numbers are quite arguably the #1 way to gauge how successful a gaming console has been and 88 million to 41 million is obviously showing a huge loss for Microsoft/Xbox that they are not gonna overcome.

well to account for the sales number theres also the PS4's bad habit of bricking itself requiring expensive repairs or the purchase of another console entirely. i have personally had 4 bricked PS4's and my Pro is now my 6th PS4 whereas im still sporting my original Xbox One from release. looking at sales numbers for the previous generation the RROD on the 360 boosted sales over the ps3.

w0lfpack91 said:
well to account for the sales number theres also the PS4's bad habit of bricking itself requiring expensive repairs or the purchase of another console entirely. i have personally had 4 bricked PS4's and my Pro is now my 6th PS4 whereas im still sporting my original Xbox One from release. looking at sales numbers for the previous generation the RROD on the 360 boosted sales over the ps3.

You must have bad luck, I have had 1 Regular PS4 and one Pro, I think I got the regular PS4 a couple years after it was originally released, and then my PS4 Pro a couple years ago.

When I bought my PS4 Pro my regular PS4 was still working 100% fine and I sold it to someone, idk if it is still working for them but I would guess that it probably is.

As far as the Xbox 360/PS3 generation it's more complicated than the 360 being notorious for RROD

The PS3 Started off ridiculously expensive (because of having a Blu-Ray player at a time when it was a new, luxurious, expensive technology) so naturally anybody on any kind of a budget would have had to buy the 360 rather than a PS3 for a while.

So that was a significant factor because let face it, if you had $300 for a gaming system and the PS3 was $600, you would probably buy the 360, save the money, and use that towards games and accessories.

And when RROD was a huge thing Microsoft/Xbox took it upon them to take in broken systems and fix them and send them back to their customers; they kinda had to as it would have been a disastrous move not to and they should not have been dying so easily.

Well kinda offtopic but I heard anthem for the ps4 has been bricking the console and this post reminded me of that

It's not just anthem either. Watchdogs 2 had an update that put it in a re-initialize loop for a while. The PS4 has been suffering many gremlins as of late and their policies regarding limitations on game developers are not winning them any exclusive contracts. Sony has actually lost more exclusive deals than they are picking up as cross platform becomes more profitable. Plus there is also the fact that PSN is still years behind the curve and does not have the best track record for security.

They will lose me on their next console, if they decide to go disc less.

12srepaid said:
They will lose me on their next console, if they decide to go disc less.

If they do go Discless they should still have at least one model with a disc drive for those that prefer to buy Physical Copies of games

I understand there are some nice conveniences to having games digitally (physical copies can get damaged, you have to switch them out when you want to play a different game, etc) ; but I would rather buy Physical probably 95% of the time (unless its digital only or the game is for sale really really cheaply in the online store, say $10-$15 maximum).

I just cant see basically being forced to spend from $40-$65 the majority of the time being that you can usually get games for half that if you buy a used physical copy on a site like eBay or a store near you is running a really good deal on games they wanna get rid of (I have run into some really good deals at our of town Walmarts sometimes).

With digital distribution there is less expenses, so I dont see why you actually have to pay more the majority of the time.

Reactions: 12srepaid
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back