Nervous With Summer/Hot Days Approaching

HereWeGo2169

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Good evening! I'm hoping for your insight please. I have been extremely anxious with warmer weather approaching and having to deal with U-IC (extreme flooding) and occasionally B-IC. Every time the weather breaks for warmer, hotter days, I get so much anxiety. I know this has been addressed in other posts, so my apologies in advance for asking same question.

When extreme heat hits, I do everything I can to stay comfortable, cool and dry. Frequent diaper changes, cleaning up immediately after an accident, using creams, etc. however its just miserable. Anyone else feel this way? In my profession, its difficult to keep cool as Im outside for part of the day in extreme heat. I have no choice to wear heavy protection due to my flooding. I have tried pull-ups with no success either. I have tried "breathable" diapers with no luck and developed a horrible rash between my legs. Am I overlooking something? I have no idea how members whether M/F deal with extreme temps. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I hope all is well and thank you again for any suggestions.

Reactions: EcoIncon, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
I was just talking about this. I dread the hot weather. I live in the South where some days it can get in the high 90s. I to will be watching for ideas

Reactions: EcoIncon, HereWeGo2169 and Edgewater
my suggestion is to get some clothbacked diapers like abu little kings and alphagatorz and use baby powder to deal with sweat in your diaper area. although the trade off is that clothbacked doesn't hold back the pee smell as well as plastic back so you have to be very cautious of when to change

Reactions: EcoIncon, Deleted member 59082 and Edgewater
LupintheWolf said:
my suggestion is to get some clothbacked diapers like abu little kings and alphagatorz and use baby powder to deal with sweat in your diaper area. although the trade off is that clothbacked doesn't hold back the pee smell as well as plastic back so you have to be very cautious of when to change
I appreciate your advice, and it does make sense, however, this will not be an option. When at work, I can not worry about odors/leaks/changing and must be very discreet.

Reactions: Edgewater
I became U-IC a very long time ago when one's choices were large cloth diapers and plastic pants! Clearly upsizing and going to lighter weight clothing helps, Shirt on the outside of pants!! Well vent caps or wide hats that are like wise well vented. California desert grass hats! There are some cooling pads and caps on the market, but will require some looking around. The basics all apply: shadily areas out of direct sunlight is a major one and keeping hydrated.

Biggest fear is Heat Stoke as it can come on quickly and put you down just as quickly.

Near all baby power is baed on cornstarch nowadays and simply load it on. I have been asked by folks if they could use my baby power, as everyone is suffering! Have a sweat rage and use it to dry yourself.

Whenever you can, cool showers help!

In the great white North, we suffer heavily as we have to transition from Winters cold to Summers heat with high humidity. Sweating is a good thing, If you stop sweating, seek medical help rapidly!! People die up here in the Summers heat!

Last edited:
Reactions: HereWeGo2169, Deleted member 59082, Zeke and 1 other person
Hi!, I share your pain!
I live in the southwestern desert city of Las Vegas, Nv and just dread the three summer months we have of June, July and August.
Temps stay above 100 degrees during those three months!
I use cornstarch babypowder and goid Zinc oxide creams.
I guess I somehow have adapted to wearing
in the extreme heat here.

Reactions: HereWeGo2169 and Edgewater
I work in a factory, and some areas of the plant can top 140F in the summer. When a project needs to be done there, we have to work in shifts, five minutes on and twenty minutes to cool back down. I'm also wearing a hard hat and steel toe boots, which hold the heat in that much more.

I've tried cloth backed diapers, and the hotter and sweatier I get the more they chafe my inner thighs. I end up using plastic-backed diapers, which wind up being much more comfortable for me. I've used powder, but it just turns into a lumpy, caked-up mess when I sweat.

What i find most helpful is finding a diaper that doesn't clump up when it gets sweaty (I use Megamax), wearing a base layer that keeps it in place so it doesn't get moved when it sticks to my skin with sweat (i wear a onesie), and change more often. I also take breaks when I can and just sit in the restroom for a bit with my diaper pulled down to let my skin dry out.

Paradoxically, a long-sleeved lightweight shirt can be cooler than just a T-shirt or onesie. I like a loose shirt over my onesie, both to help keep my diaper hidden and because it helps wick sweat away from me and can help create some airflow as I move.

Reactions: HereWeGo2169, Edgewater and EcoIncon
My house has central air, but it quit over 5 years ago. The compressor runs but there’s no cooling. I believe the evaporator has developed a leak and I just haven’t bothered to get it replaced. I grew up in a time when air conditioning was scarce. Few cars, few homes, few businesses other than the occasional movie theater and banks had the luxury. Trust me it used to get just as hot, or hotter, no matter the scare tactics of the AGW climate change alarmists and politicians used to bring about their anti fossil fuel agenda. Part of my high school years I worked for a farmer just out of town and he had big horsepower tractors for the day, but this was when few had factory cabs and a few more had aftermarket cabs like Year-A-Round, but hardly any had AC, or at least that still worked. Summer days of cutting hay, windrowing and conditioning it, bailing or chopping and filling silo on those hot, sunny, summer days would make you appreciate the slightest breeze if the humidity was low enough so that you sweat would evaporate and cool you a bit. When I started driving semi I was working my way up from one piece of crap truck to another, hopefully better piece of crap and even the AC in the truck my wife and I owned, a half way piece of crap, wasn’t working and was too costly for me to repair back then in those living hand to mouth days. So you can imagine what sleeping in a confined, single bunk sleeper with the two of us at times at with our 125 pound Doberman in the cab puffing in the middle of a massive blacktop parking lot, radiating heat, on those nights it refused to cool down was like. Several years later I finally got a truck with AC working and driving for a company that would put it in a shop and fix it if the AC quit. That was the company that I used to spend 3-6 months at a time, during the winter, running loads from the rail yard in Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay, AK on the haul road (Dalton and Elliot “highways”). Getting acclimated to heat or cool just requires a couple of weeks where you don’t set the temperature cool enough or hot enough to make yourself comfortable. That’s what I do in my un-airconditioned house is to stay uncomfortably warm for a few weeks until I get used to it. I’ve got a couple of 20” box fans moving the air across me the also help. Personally I hate when people have their AC set so cold that you get frozen out when you come in from the heat sweaty from working and catch a bad chill. Some of my friends will set their thermostats at 68 F during the hot summer months and 78 F during the cold winter months which makes absolutely no sense to me. It should be the other way around in my opinion. Not trying to stay comfortably cool for the first few weeks to get acclimated and you won’t sweat like a stuck pig once in these temps once your body adjusts. Fans at home and cross ventilation can be a great improvement over stagnant air. Sorry about running on about this, but I believe one of the reasons everyone is so sure that the climate is warming is that they sleep in an air conditioned house, get in an air conditioned car or public trans, go to an air conditioned restaurant for breakfast and lunch, work in an air conditioned building or environment, stop at an air conditioned bar before taking their air conditioned transportation home to their air conditioned home again. When you’re used to 70 F for nearly all of your life it’s not difficult to make you believe that it’s never been this hot in history. As the folks that lived through the Dust Bowl years in the Southwest United States if we have it hotter today. Many people perished from the heat in those days. I guess that you won’t say anything about the heat anymore to keep me from running off at the mouth or you’ll just block this long winded old man’s posts from now on! I do hope that you find a way to get through the summer and its heat spells.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and vp39
I use Sudocrem as a barrier cream to protect the skin. Then powder. I cannot remember the last time I had a rash. The powder adheres to the cream and itcreally keeps it dry for hours.

Reactions: Edgewater
Also fear the incoming hot days.
I will wear pads ad much as possible and rely on pull ups only when really necessary. Pads are less hot and sweaty and you change them easier/often. Of course I must be carefull if I don't want leaking...

Reactions: HereWeGo2169, Edgewater and EcoIncon
For myself a lot of baby Powder , change more often try not to be so active ! And doing more things in door with air condition ;) !!

Reactions: richieboy, HereWeGo2169 and Edgewater
I'm surprised so many people like powder. I feel like corn starch powder is pretty useless and I don't want to use talc because of the alleged contamination with asbestos or other links to cancer, etc.

Last edited:
I love the summer. Heat isn't that bad. I live in front of Lake Michigan and I rarely use my AC. Great breezes. As for activity (tennis, cycling, golf and even walking), I sweat when doing so. Actually, I like it. Doesn't really bother me. If it get's too humid I use my AC in the evening. I've always been IC so I'm used to it. Some times it get's a little uncomfortable but it never stops me from doing what I like. I simply air-out my skin more often.

Reactions: richieboy and Edgewater
I'm generally not a huge fan of Men's Liberty/Condom Catheters and prefer diapers in general but this is exactly the situation in which I find them helpful. On hot days working in the garden or working on the house, appliances protect very well without chafing and sweating. I wear a thin cloth diaper (Threadedarmor protective brief with a thin insert) as well so they breath well and back me up in the event of a small leak in the plumbing or a #2 incident.

There's another solution I've been trying out and it's putting a disposable stuffer (right now I think a baby diaper is best but ultimate incontinence pads seem to work ok) inside a cloth diaper. When the disposable gets wet, I just swap out the disposable. I don't have enough data points yet, but it seems promising -it benefits from both cloth breathability and comfort but the absorbency of a SAP product.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Edgewater
I've lived about a decade in a subtropical/ tropical (depending on the map) region, and it had all the heat and humidity that came with it. Maybe I can offer some tips!

First thing is acclimatizing your internal body temperature. Instead of exercising indoors, do it outside- get your body used to higher temperatures, and you won't end up sweating as much even if you're physically hotter. Obviously though, be safe and don't give yourself heatstroke, that'll have the opposite effect anyways. After that is managing your body temperature manually- if you have a high flow, you probably have to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated like me. A thermos of cold water can make a world of a difference in hot weather, just sipping on it slowly and replenishing it when you can. You're going to be drinking water either way, so make it cold water! It acts like a heatsink in your tummy, lowering your average body temperature. After that, watch your breathing. Your lungs are a heatsink, you can breathe in sub-body temperature air, and breathe out the hotter air. Use your nose to breathe in, it has lots of blood vessels close to the skin's surface. After that, there's surface temperature. Think about it like a math system- watts in, watts out. Start by minimizing watts in- stay under shade, wear a nice hat, stuff like that. A good hat is seriously one of the best things you can do to stay cool on a baking hot day. Then, pay attention to the fabrics you're wearing. Cotton and hemp are good at dispersing heat. Minimize plastic based clothing.

Now, some more ABDL-specific tips that we can take advantage of! To start off, you should definitely be wearing a onesie. It acts as an undershirt to pull moisture off of your skin, as a radiator when contacting your skin (increasing the average surface area for wind to carry heat away,) and as something more comfortable than wet plastic if you do end up getting sweaty. Then, you can put some extra baby powder on the outside of your diaper, between the onesie and diaper. Pretend you're a rock climber and instead of dusting your hands, you're dusting your crotch. That's something that's not unusual anyways- in active environments, you'll find a lot of people doing that, like among long distance hikers. If you really feel embarassed or worried someone will notice, just use an unscented powder and add a pair of underwear on top of the onesie to keep it all contained. Another thing, cloth backed diapers kind of seem like a scam to me, at least the materials in current adult ones. They make very little difference for me in how hot I get down there. Lastly, try and get some exposure and airflow down there. Whether that means changing more often, or visiting the bathroom every once in a while and pulling your pants down in a stall, just drying up wetness is good.

In short, exercise outdoors, drink cold water, wear a nice hat and light clothes, and use baby powder on the inside of inside of your onesie. Do all of that, and you'll go from miserable, itchy, and fearing sweat, to having a great day whenever you're outside. Hope I could help!

Some of this "heat adjustment" may just take time to allow your body to change with the heat. I remember the first few times I had to wear plastic pants- I thought it was unbearable. Over time however, even my nerve damaged body has adjusted and I don't find it an issue at all now. Hot days of course, will still bring on some suffering, but somehow I have adapted. Just another thought on the subject.

Back