Needing diapers at night.

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Ok so some of you may know that I feel like I need to go to the bathroom most of the time. For that reason I do wear diapers. If not I would be running to the bathroom constantly and most of the time have little to no results.
As I have stated before my insurance is not that good and at this point I can't have the test ran that I need to have done by the urologist.
I usually get out of my diaper and let myself air out, I have the sensation of needing to go right after I take the diaper off. The feeling will go away but sometimes it makes me worry about possibly wetting the bed. That of which I have never done.
Does anyone have experience with this? Is it just me being concerned for no reason?

• Thinking
Reactions: AttilaThePun and TeddyBunny
That sounds like a UTI. I had the same thing when I had one.

• Thinking
Reactions: AttilaThePun
theancientmariner said:
That sounds like a UTI. I had the same thing when I had one.
That wasn't the question. I have already been tested for that. The next thing the urologist wanted to do was urodynamics test. so it's more than a UTI. I can't afford the tests and i don't want to put myself in debt 5K until i get some other things taken care of. I have been living with this for a bit. I have a disability that might be part of the reason for it or the whole reason.
As for paying for this. I am aware of my options and unfortunately I will have to wait to do the urodynamics test. I am concerned about it affecting me at night when sleeping Didn't know if someone had a similar situation that could relate to me or not.

Last edited:
lilshelly said:
Ok so some of you may know that I feel like I need to go to the bathroom most of the time. For that reason I do wear diapers. If not I would be running to the bathroom constantly and most of the time have little to no results.
As I have stated before my insurance is not that good and at this point I can't have the test ran that I need to have done by the urologist.
I usually get out of my diaper and let myself air out, I have the sensation of needing to go right after I take the diaper off. The feeling will go away but sometimes it makes me worry about possibly wetting the bed. That of which I have never done.
Does anyone have experience with this? Is it just me being concerned for no reason?
I think feeling like needing to urinate immediately after removing a diaper is a reflex related to the change in air flow and temperature. It's an age-old source of humor that a baby will probably pee during a diaper change, and I think it's based on multicultural and multigenerational experience.

As for feeling a frequent need to urinate, there are many things that could be causing it, as I'm sure you know. One relatively simple thing to consider is the possibility that there's a lot of stool in the bowels, which can prevent the urinary bladder from having enough space to fill up normally. It might be worth discussing with your doctor, or even just keeping track of whether you have a tendency toward constipation.

Reactions: lilshelly
You could have a simple overactive bladder. Not sure your gender or age but it's a pretty common thing. I'm not certain if its technically considered incontinence unless it's actually causing an accident, but it's still a form id say. It's enough of an issue to me that I wear at night to get any decent sleep and not wake up multiple times to use the bathroom

AttilaThePun said:
I think feeling like needing to urinate immediately after removing a diaper is a reflex related to the change in air flow and temperature. It's an age-old source of humor that a baby will probably pee during a diaper change, and I think it's based on multicultural and multigenerational experience.

As for feeling a frequent need to urinate, there are many things that could be causing it, as I'm sure you know. One relatively simple thing to consider is the possibility that there's a lot of stool in the bowels, which can prevent the urinary bladder from having enough space to fill up normally. It might be worth discussing with your doctor, or even just keeping track of whether you have a tendency toward constipation.
The doctor wants to run the urodynamics test to see what the issue is. He wants to rule out my Cerebral Palsy as being an issue.
Constipation I have regular bowel movements and I am not on any medication that would cause such an issue.
As for removing the diaper and needing to pee I never thought about that. You are probably correct.

Cloudhopper94 said:
You could have a simple overactive bladder. Not sure your gender or age but it's a pretty common thing. I'm not certain if its technically considered incontinence unless it's actually causing an accident, but it's still a form id say. It's enough of an issue to me that I wear at night to get any decent sleep and not wake up multiple times to use the bathroom
Gender male age in my 40's with Cerebral Palsy. I have tried to find out how common it is for an adult with my condition to develop incontinence. I can't find anything.
Cp is a condition in which they focus on the kids. They kinda forget those kids grow up into adults.
I am fully ambulatory, I drag my feet and my leg muscles are tight. I do fall which is one of the reasons I started wearing in the first place.
I am no doctor but I still have control of my bladder or at least I think I do. Prostate is not the issue but the need to go hits me and I can go to the bathroom as soon as it does I won't do much if anything. If I ignore the first signal to go and wait I will have a fuller void. I can go to the bathroom and need to go again I'm an hour.

Last edited:
Back