Names of USA Manufacturers of Adult Diapers for Night /Extended Use!

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
As an individual that is 24/7, U-IC and a Veteran. I am working with my local VA Facility to be supplied a diaper that provides a full nights sleep while holding that nights flow. What is currently supplied can barely support a single flow without leaking, at best it can handle dribbles. The other can do a bit better as it can hold two releases without leaking. Beyond that point leaks occur.

Long story very short: Having trialed both diapers, I had provided my findings and have than been contacted by the Procurement Manager, who asked about the current products and we reviewed my findings. His comments: He has to target "USA" Manufacturers Only. His request; Provide him the Name of a USA Manufacturer that provides a full nights sleep while not leaking and he will work at getting those for my use.

I want to provide a detailed list of Manufacturers' and if possible, specific product that will provide a full nights use without or minimal leaks.

Thank you in advance for your Help!

Reactions: Lethdale, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 1 other person
'Prevail Air Overnights' by First Quality, made in US.
They're not perfect but work for me overnight

Reactions: Canadianfalls, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 2 others
Nateen combi maxi are made in Florida, very absorbent, very tall leak guards, good rear waistband, good tapes. Wear pul pants over them as they are breathable and tend to sweat.

Reactions: maxgood, Reward, Edgewater and 1 other person
Tranquility boasts about being made in the USA. The ATN is supposed to stand for “All Through the Night.” I personally don’t find them sufficient for that purpose. But maybe they’ll work better for him. They make Tranquility boosters too. https://tranquilityproducts.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: Reward, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
enthusi said:
Tranquility boasts about being made in the USA. The ATN is supposed to stand for “All Through the Night.” I personally don’t find them sufficient for that purpose. But maybe they’ll work better for him. They make Tranquility boosters too. https://tranquilityproducts.com/
I second the vote for Tranquility ATN. They're my go-to almost all the time now. I can get 6 hours solidly unboosted, and 10-12 by adding a topliner contour booster. Affordable and dependable for me. Plastic backed like MagaMax.

Reactions: Remo, Reward and Edgewater
Yeah, i havent fonf a US made diaper that will make the whole night for me ever, i put out the same day or night and dont have the normal thing of putting out less uring at night, it a lack of some metabolic system, give my issues with metabolic systems and not working as they should i think its par for the course for me.

But that said, at night or day, whenever i sleep (for me its an odd/wierd non-schedule) but 8+ hours end up filling a megamax and a booster and TBH if I was to be roling around and such at night (Use a segufix sleeping) i think it would leak, but with the booster and also wearing cotton briefs over the megamax and then a diaper cover i rarely get a leak, like 1-2 times a year.

But with that said, the ATN was not even close enough for a nights sleep, neither was anything else i could find made in the US the best i could do is get the megamax at least marketed and sold by a company in the US.

Now, perhaps you can work with the procurement officer and get them to work out the cost for ATN or another brand and then get reimbursed for the brand you want to get (maybe megamax?)

I know my insurance reimburses for the standard amount and beyond that it;s on my dime.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
I use Abena but, I like NorthShore Etenadry contour booster (doubler). "Made in the USA." With my typical Abena (plastic backed) and plastic pants, these doublers keep me dry from sleeping. I actually use these during the day (when I'm unable to change). For what I know Tranquility topliner contour booster is similar (and USA?)

For those that are heavy wetter, especially when sleeping during the night, often they're used for a good booster. These should be considered for the VA.

Reactions: CptKirk, Reward, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Since US manufacture is key here I looked up the Nateen brand mentioned above. I'm reading they're a Belgian brand with offices in Hong Kong but looks like they've opened or going to open a manufacturing plant in Jacksonville Fla.
They have a somewhat global reach and I'm glad to see some domestic competition for the current US based diaper makers.
So if accurate this makes Nateen, First Quality and Principle Business Enterprises for US manufacturers.
Who am I missing? Does Domtar make Attends domestically? If so- thinking maybe their Premiers would make the cut.
Is that it?

Last edited:
One more is Medline, makers of the despised (here) Fit Right briefs.
They make an Extended Wear model with standing leak guards, large single tapes and stretchy side panels.
Even try a small booster if you need it as Greatlake5 suggested.
US made and pretty capable last time I used them

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Edgewater said:
As an individual that is 24/7, U-IC and a Veteran. I am working with my local VA Facility to be supplied a diaper that provides a full nights sleep while holding that nights flow. What is currently supplied can barely support a single flow without leaking, at best it can handle dribbles. The other can do a bit better as it can hold two releases without leaking. Beyond that point leaks occur.

Long story very short: Having trialed both diapers, I had provided my findings and have than been contacted by the Procurement Manager, who asked about the current products and we reviewed my findings. His comments: He has to target "USA" Manufacturers Only. His request; Provide him the Name of a USA Manufacturer that provides a full nights sleep while not leaking and he will work at getting those for my use.

I want to provide a detailed list of Manufacturers' and if possible, specific product that will provide a full nights use without or minimal leaks.

Thank you in advance for your Help!
Can they not provide you with the Megamax?

Megamax may be sold by Northshore but it's made for them in China I believe

Reward said:
Megamax may be sold by Northshore but it's made for them in China I believe
I know. I asked as I'm a disabled vet myself and I'm receiving Megamax. The fact that they're sold under the Northshore name which is an American company likely works in our favor. I mean, hell, today Ford is mostly made in Mexico but still an "American" brand and Toyota, Honda, Subaru are made here yet still considered "Japanese".

Reactions: DiaperedG, bedwetterdavid, Edgewater and 2 others
greatlake5 said:
I use Abena but, I like NorthShore Etenadry contour booster (doubler). "Made in the USA." With my typical Abena (plastic backed) and plastic pants, these doublers keep me dry from sleeping. I actually use these during the day (when I'm unable to change). For what I know Tranquility topliner contour booster is similar (and USA?)

For those that are heavy wetter, especially when sleeping during the night, often they're used for a good booster. These should be considered for the VA.
I can speak to the quality of the Tranquility booster pads. Never had ANY issues with them and I relied on those for YEARS until I began using Betterdry (only needed booster pads when not feeling well and likely sleeping for 14-20+ hours with Betterdry or Megamax) and then I began receiving the Megamax and as I stated, I only use a booster pad when I'm hurting BAD, like this week. The cold, wet weather has my pain at a very high level and I've been able to see MAYBE 10 hours of sleep since Sunday morning, so there's little doubt in my mind I'm going to wind up "out of it" for a day, maybe more, sooner or later.

CptKirk said:
I can speak to the quality of the Tranquility booster pads. Never had ANY issues with them and I relied on those for YEARS until I began using Betterdry (only needed booster pads when not feeling well and likely sleeping for 14-20+ hours with Betterdry or Megamax) and then I began receiving the Megamax and as I stated, I only use a booster pad when I'm hurting BAD, like this week. The cold, wet weather has my pain at a very high level and I've been able to see MAYBE 10 hours of sleep since Sunday morning, so there's little doubt in my mind I'm going to wind up "out of it" for a day, maybe more, sooner or later.
I also love the Tranquility booster pads. I am sorry you're feeling extra unwell, though. 😢

Reactions: Edgewater and CptKirk
I believe that NorthShore is working hard to shutdown their China manufacturing and moving it elsewhere, not sure if it will be the states though. I really hope they do, I hate that America doesn't seem to produce much of anything anymore. Nothing in the way of household goods anyway.

CptKirk said:
Can they not provide you with the Megamax?
The sad statement is that this manager will supply Megamax, but only if they are US Manufactured. I told him that other Vets in other States are receiving Megamax. His retort was that he is not going to break the rule! I am not sure if this is a hard and fast rule or a guideline. I keep obtaining their requested stuff and I will do this one.

As you have said, Kirk, one just needs to keep up the noise!

For everyone else: Thank You from the depth of my Heart for your provided the information!!

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and CptKirk
What about the Northshore Supreme?

Reactions: Jojo54, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Llayden said:
I believe that NorthShore is working hard to shutdown their China manufacturing and moving it elsewhere, not sure if it will be the states though. I really hope they do, I hate that America doesn't seem to produce much of anything anymore. Nothing in the way of household goods anyway.
This is correct; I'd forgotten that. NorthShore IS making some MegaMax in the US now. I had a discussion about it with Adam (who is a super guy!) a few months ago, and their goal was to eventually bring that production all to the US, but they were still testing and making sure they were going to be just right. I think his plan at the time was to offer both versions for awhile, then eventually discontinue the Chinese one.

Reactions: CptKirk and Edgewater
CptKirk said:
What about the Northshore Supreme?
Good thought; those are excellent, US made IIRC, and should be up to the task, but might benefit from a US made booster.

Reactions: Edgewater
I'm surprised that either of you are getting anything from the VA. I can't even get them to switch my region to where I live. To see anyone, if something were to arise, I need to drive three hours away at a minimum. I've been trying for years to get healthcare from them closer to home.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: CptKirk, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Back