My life now

CPDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I am fully incontinent, I have been since birth. My dr set me up with a script for 250 diapers, chux pads, gloves, and wipes every month.

I sleep in a hospital bed at night, and if I sleep for 8 hours, I will be wet or messy 3-4 times while in bed.

I no longer walk because I has a bad stroke last year along with living with cerebral palsy.

My wife is setting up 24/7 care for me so that she can rest and go.back to her job as a caregiver for a good friend of mine.

I go through 7-8 diapers a day, and they always leak. I wear chux everywhere. In bed, in my wheelchair and in my recliner.

I am being fitted for a power chair soon. About the only thing I can do for myself is feed myself, but that is something I could give up easily when/if I have caregivers 24/7

Reactions: medfet878
I hope I have a week end caregiver who is good at chess. Then I could sit at the kitchen table in my wheelchair and play chess while we chat. That would be cool

Reactions: medfet878 and Kittyinpink
CPDude said:
I hope I have a week end caregiver who is good at chess. Then I could sit at the kitchen table in my wheelchair and play chess while we chat. That would be cool
Are you a good chess player?
I'm not anymore, but as a child I was obsessed with the game , playing all the time , but I ran out of people to play with , mainly due to them having tantrums! I was school champion and chess club champion for a few years aged about 8 - 11 years old.. I beat the grown ups also .. in the end I didn't have anyone to play with who just enjoyed the game, and I hated the competive nature the game had taken on , I ended up disliking chess and I can no longer bring myself to concentrate on the game , as the magic has gone..

I don’t care about winning or losing chess. I enjoy the time together. I usually lose to the computer quickly. I don’t understand the game strategy

CPDude said:
I am fully incontinent, I have been since birth. My dr set me up with a script for 250 diapers, chux pads, gloves, and wipes every month.

I sleep in a hospital bed at night, and if I sleep for 8 hours, I will be wet or messy 3-4 times while in bed.

I no longer walk because I has a bad stroke last year along with living with cerebral palsy.

My wife is setting up 24/7 care for me so that she can rest and go.back to her job as a caregiver for a good friend of mine.

I go through 7-8 diapers a day, and they always leak. I wear chux everywhere. In bed, in my wheelchair and in my recliner.

I am being fitted for a power chair soon. About the only thing I can do for myself is feed myself, but that is something I could give up easily when/if I have caregivers 24/7
I guess you have lost quite a bit of functional mobility.
At my age of 64, I can not get across a room without walking aids with my Cerebral Palsy.

Im a big fan of chess too. I hope you get to play soon.

Back