My fellow incontinent friends

Calico said:
I can't imagine how hard it must be to go back to wearing diapers as an elderly. There is a difference between going back in then when you're young but when you're over 75, going back to them means you are declining due to age and losing independence.
Those that are old already know it 😐 Anyone becoming incontinent, already knows that they are losing "independence" also.:eek:

Calico said:
My mom once had an elderly patient. She had issues with making it to the toilet due to decline. My mom told her she can wear a diaper and pee in it and they will change it or she can use a catheter to drain her bladder so the elderly picked the catheter because she isn't a baby.
It is true that some folks have trouble accepting. Many of us (IC) here were originally reluctant diaper wearers.

However, over time, the practical reality of how diapers helped us overcome our "difficulties", has moved us to accept them and get on with our lives. Even our spouses (mostly) have accepted this practical reality. In some cases, they were the ones encouraging diaper use.

The stigma is all around us. Diapers will always be associated with babies. But for those of us IC who learned to "make friends with diapers", carry on knowing that life goes on. It's only a diaper after all. Catheters are another practical solution, but they have their own issues. And catheters are no help to IBS sufferers.

Reactions: Diprs2, Napincolove and Elhon
slimjiminy said:
The stigma is all around us.

And inside us! Overcoming and keeping one’s self esteem is a harder in a sense because you are w you 24/7.

Peace.

Reactions: Diprs2 and LordDuque
Twinmom said:
Do any of you ever have times when you say I'm not even gonna try to get to the commode. I'm just gonna wait till I wet my diaper and then change it.
Oh yeah, I am a deep sleeper and nocturia makes it difficult to get a full night worth of sleep. I'm prone to insomnia and bad moods when sleep depreived. I have no issues with waking up, wetting and turning back over to change when I get up in the morning. Has been the best thing for sleep. I wish I wore during the day because I'd probably do the same

Reactions: Diprs2
Me: The stigma is all around us.
daylight said:
And inside us! Overcoming and keeping one’s self esteem is a harder in a sense because you are w you 24/7.
Indeed. And today, I am struggling.

At noon, I wore plastic pants over my pull-ups incase I had IBS during a delivery. I then urged and wet on the way. Now that I am home again, I have kept it all on and wet twice since, instead of using the toilet. Sometimes as a "diaper wearer", I feel as if it would be better for me just to use a brief all day long and give up that toilet dance. But I feel guilty about it.

It's just one of the mental games that I go through from time to time with this IC.

slimjiminy said:
Those that are old already know it 😐 Anyone becoming incontinent, already knows that they are losing "independence" also.:eek:

It is true that some folks have trouble accepting. Many of us (IC) here were originally reluctant diaper wearers.

However, over time, the practical reality of how diapers helped us overcome our "difficulties", has moved us to accept them and get on with our lives. Even our spouses (mostly) have accepted this practical reality. In some cases, they were the ones encouraging diaper use.

The stigma is all around us. Diapers will always be associated with babies. But for those of us IC who learned to "make friends with diapers", carry on knowing that life goes on. It's only a diaper after all. Catheters are another practical solution, but they have their own issues. And catheters are no help to IBS sufferers.
I’m so scared of catheters that I openly said in front of my friends that I would request to be put in a diaper lol

Reactions: Diprs2 and slimjiminy
Twinmom said:
Ok got a ?????. Do any of you ever have times when you say I'm not even gonna try to get to the commode. I'm just gonna wait till I wet my diaper and then change it. Especially if you can't really risk waisting a diaper. Just wondering
I don't always make it like yesterday was rushing to the toilet and had a small acccident.

FudgedInLuvs said:
Oh yeah, I am a deep sleeper and nocturia makes it difficult to get a full night worth of sleep. I'm prone to insomnia and bad moods when sleep depreived. I have no issues with waking up, wetting and turning back over to change when I get up in the morning. Has been the best thing for sleep. I wish I wore during the day because I'd probably do the same
After constantly getting up at least 3-4 times a night to pee and breaking a toe in the middle of the night, I finally went to the
Doctor and did all the testing and found out I had OAB. I had so many mornings when I would feel groggy and tired from all the nighttime bathroom activity, that I decided it made more sense to wear a good diaper to bed than take any of the different meds with all the side effects or get up so many times during the night. I generally feel much more rested in the morning with my extremely soaked diaper. I tend to wear a diaper when I go out of the house as the OAB can be more active at different times. I will also wear a diaper at home during the day (evening) if I am having to run to the bathroom frequently. At times I sort of feel lazy, but since the bladder is causing the issue, I think diapers are a good option. Having been a DL my whole life, I'm 69 now, has made dealing with the bladder issue a lot easier.

Reactions: CLPP, NotTheAverageMan, NappiedTruckDriver and 1 other person
When I am home I usually use the toilet if it is possible but there are just times when I think oh what the heck and just let go in the Nappy, evenings I will always wet the Nappy and usually more than once as once I get comfortable I do not want to move.
I always try really hard to use the toilet for #2 but do seem to be getting caught out a lot more these days even after doing #2 first thing, I can find myself needing to go again and always when I am miles from a toilet which is very annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and NappiedTruckDriver
Well new one today , went to the supermarket but had to get some cash out first and I pass the ATM before reaching the store entrance,
So as I put my card in the ATM my bladder just lets go no mega urge either 👿

Diprs2 said:
After constantly getting up at least 3-4 times a night to pee and breaking a toe in the middle of the night, I finally went to the
Doctor and did all the testing and found out I had OAB. I had so many mornings when I would feel groggy and tired from all the nighttime bathroom activity, that I decided it made more sense to wear a good diaper to bed than take any of the different meds with all the side effects or get up so many times during the night. I generally feel much more rested in the morning with my extremely soaked diaper. I tend to wear a diaper when I go out of the house as the OAB can be more active at different times. I will also wear a diaper at home during the day (evening) if I am having to run to the bathroom frequently. At times I sort of feel lazy, but since the bladder is causing the issue, I think diapers are a good option. Having been a DL my whole life, I'm 69 now, has made dealing with the bladder issue a lot easier.
That’s the same symptoms and drug worries I had , I’ve been 24/7 for 8 months but worn at night for 6 years , I’m only 47 and my day time issues got worse this time last year and in late November I peed my self before I could get my dick out my under wear and I froze so kept peeing in sheer fright 😢
As I’ve said before I’m a truck driver which make it worse for getting to a toilet or handy bush

Diprs2 said:
I'm in my 20s and have had the same issue since I was in elementary school. I don't like taking meds with the side effects, or interactions with my lifestyle. Wearing a diaper is simple, pragmatic and won't cause any health issues down the road! Have test out day time, that's been getting a little questionable lately

Reactions: Diprs2 and joemama
Twinmom said:
My ic is worse than in the beginning. I was mainly due to leaking but now I'm full bladder wetting. But my doctor has told me mine is worse due to worsening Chari Malformation. As I've said I've had to go from pullups to actually diapers
I have appreciated your sharing your experience with us.

daylight said:

Peace.
Absolutely right! IMHO….

Freddie07601 said:
I have appreciated your sharing your experience with us.
Thanks

Back