Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcramere

What’s up
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So for the first time last Thursday, I was lucky enough to try Tranquillity ATN's. When I first got them I was shocked, ive never felt plastic backed diapers before but I loved them. They were pretty absorbent and crinkly. That day I had an appointment with a dermatologist. I decided why not, im gonna wear a diaper. I did and luckily she didnt make me take off my pants or shirt so she didnt see it. But when we were walking to her office the crinkle was SO obvious. I have to say im very happy with the ATN's. Although when I would use it would become way louder. I did also notice the fit wasnt the best and when I would refasten the tapes it would rip the diaper. Also when I flooded the diaper once and pooped in it, it would sag a little to much. But all in all im very happy with them, let me know how you like them!

They're very trim, lightweight, yet absorbant. I consider them to be "sporty" diapers. Believe it or not the crinkle has really been toned down in recent years. I remember maybe 5 or 6 years ago they were even louder! They were my "gateway" diaper, my first real diaper, not from a pharmacy or grocery store. I've since moved on to more premium diapers. But occasionally I'll grab an atn if I'm feeling nostalgic.

Tranquility also makes good booster pads to add to their diapers. I highly recommend them. Makes them swell like crazy. Useful for adding to any diapers honestly.

The plastic, since making it quieter, is definitely weaker and prone to tearing. If you want a diaper that can stand up longer without sagging I recommend Northshore Supremes. The plastic is also very soft but more robust.

Reactions: Rcramere
ej24 said:
They're very trim, lightweight, yet absorbant. I consider them to be "sporty" diapers. Believe it or not the crinkle has really been toned down in recent years. I remember maybe 5 or 6 years ago they were even louder! They were my "gateway" diaper, my first real diaper, not from a pharmacy or grocery store. I've since moved on to more premium diapers. But occasionally I'll grab an atn if I'm feeling nostalgic.

Tranquility also makes good booster pads to add to their diapers. I highly recommend them. Makes them swell like crazy. Useful for adding to any diapers honestly.

The plastic, since making it quieter, is definitely weaker and prone to tearing. If you want a diaper that can stand up longer without sagging I recommend Northshore Supremes. The plastic is also very soft but more robust.
Perfect, Ill try the northshore ones here soon! Thanks

My feeling about them is that they're the best of the bad diapers. I don't mean that too harshly as I tend to think of plastic backed diapers as a little like pizza (even when they're bad, they're pretty good). They're substantially better than Depends or Attends in both capacity and feel. They're a good baseline to get a sense of later improvements. Enjoy!

I'm more in line with Trevor on this, though I'm not even sure I could go as far as "best of the bad." The ATNs rely heavily on SAP for their absorbency and don't have a lot of fluff to absorb quickly and wick. I find that, while the whole diaper might have a decent capacity, because the wetness never goes anywhere, they hit their leakage point after just one or two decent wettings. No thank you.

If you want a decent diaper that you can often buy locally, though they're not plastic backed, try the Tena Super. Better yet, try the Tena Super Stretch, if you can find them. They're a tad thicker than the Tranquility ATN, but wick much better and therefore hold a good bit more overall.

-RMS

I have tried them in the past and they weren't absorbent enough for my needs
if people are not heavy wetters their ok

I have to agree, they aren’t a “great” diaper by any stretch of the imagination. But they are better than most others in the same price range

I use them from time to time when I’m travelling, they make an ok overnight diaper if you only need something to hold a single wetting. If I need something cheap and better absorbency the tena super is my next go-to, they are available pretty much anywhere and not that expensive.

But, 99% of the time I stick to premium diapers!

Tranquility is what the VA used to mail me for my IC simply a terrible diaper now they send Tena Ultra for daytime use I purchase ABU for night time, they don't leak while I'm sleeping. Tried crinklez they leaked a little in the groin area as I'm a side sleeper. Kind of funny abdl diapers are little less expensive than North shore overnight diapers.

I wear for pleasure and am retired so I can change easily. They are comfortable and can hold a lot of urine. They are great for the price. Your choice depends on your urine output and how easy it is to change in private.

I never got the comments about the crinkliness, at least now they are some of the least crinkly plastic backed ones I've encountered.

I like them and wear them a few nights a week for most of the last 10 or 12 years, usually boosted. They have changed a bit in fit, tapes and backing but of the many brands I've worn regularly over the years they have changed the least. Oh and they are the cheapest of the mid range diapers.

Last time I wore them, I thought they were too thin. Either they got thinner or I got so used to thick diapers and feeling the padding down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back