Music you were raised on.

When it came to specific artists i was raised on elvis, buddy holly, dion & the belmonts, the platters, the duprees, the passions, sam cooke, glen miller, benny goodman, al bowlly, frank sinatra, bobby darin, the beatles, louis armstrong, chuck berry, little richard, ritchie valens, ricky nelson, everly brothers, the drifters, bill haley and the comets, big joe turner, frankie lymon & the teenagers, the list goes on.

Last edited:
Reactions: GatoChihuahua
SuzakuAkatori said:
When it came to specific artists i was raised on elvis, buddy holly, dion & the belmonts, the platters, the duprees, the passions, sam cooke, glen miller, benny goodman, al bowlly, frank sinatra, bobby darin, the beatles, louis armstrong, chuck berry, little richard, ritchie valens, ricky nelson, everly brothers, the drifters, the list goes on.
Oh yes, I'm the great pretender, I drift in a world of my own- the platters (love that song)

Antientmariner said:
Oh yes, I'm the great pretender, I drift in a world of my own- the platters (love that song)
My favorite is "Only You" or "Smoke gets in your eyes"

The skyliners are also a treat to listen to such as their hits "Since i dont have you" or "This i swear"

Probably my favorite song of all time is "I wonder why" by dion & the belmonts.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and dogboy
"Grew up" listening to 80's hair metal and all the stereotypical rock from that era. Still listen to it on occasion, super nostalgic. Man, when those vocalist hit those high notes. Always gives me goose bumps and makes me laugh, i love it so much.

Classical music: my parents weren't into pop music at all. Also, a much-loved record of music played on Renaissance instruments such as shawms and crumhorns: I managed to find the same record on eBay, and enjoyed the nostalgia of playing it.

The only pop songs I heard were old ones. A record popular with many people my age (child of the 80s) was "All Aboard", which had lots of oldies and goodies. One song from it which I loved was Morningtown Ride by the Seekers.

Beatles man, Beatles, (mostly). As a kid of the 1960s us little ones (as also the teen ages) were just mad about the Beatles (mainly). Yea, yea, yea.

50s and 60s pop music, then 60s to 70s country music that my brother listened to, then Rock! all the rest of the way...

My parents played classic rock from 50's on up to whatever was considered pop from then on in the 80''s. My brother and I were immediately into hip hop (wasn't called that way back then 🤔) with early releases from Run DMC and Jeru The Damaja on vinyl we completely wore out. I mostly listen to
MF DOOM and Lee Hazelwood nowadays. Two geniuses dearly departed 😓

My kids got Boowa & Kwala which is an educational/creativity website, but with lots of cute original songs too, and Baby Einstein CD's .

Back