Music Production

DiaperedInDenver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
How many music makers are out there? I feel like alot of abdls I meet online are in that world. If so, what type of genre do you make and what programs do you use?

Big ableton guy myself. I like making hip hop/electronic inspired stuff (think flying lotus)

Reactions: LittleFlo
I just go with the flow. Often I end up with some form of dance music. I might start publishing at some point.

For software I use audacity sometimes garage band

Reactions: DiaperedInDenver
I've dabbled with Fruity Loops (now FL Studio), 80's electro-pop influenced.
These days I just use keyboards to play medleys of 80s and 90s.

Reactions: DiaperedInDenver and LittleFlo
I really wish I was better at producing music, tried a few times with disastrous results. lol

However I am really good at playing music and keeping a crowd vibing, aka. DJing. My mainstays are drum and bass, and house.

When I was trying to make music before I was using NI Maschine with one of their control surfaces. After DJing for a while, I feel my understanding of dance music is far better. Maybe I will dust off that old gear and give it another shot.

meowmind said:
I really wish I was better at producing music, tried a few times with disastrous results. lol

However I am really good at playing music and keeping a crowd vibing, aka. DJing. My mainstays are drum and bass, and house.

When I was trying to make music before I was using NI Maschine with one of their control surfaces. After DJing for a while, I feel my understanding of dance music is far better. Maybe I will dust off that old gear and give it another shot.
I found it quite hard to go from playing real instruments to producing music on a computer, although having a knowledge of music theory did help.

I used to be a club and mobile DJ back in the 80's and 90's until the music got pretty dire. A few times I wore a nappy to a gig, rather daring but got a real buzz from it.

meowmind said:

Drum n Bass FOR THEEEEE WINNNNNNNN

Reactions: meowmind
I don't really produce much, but I do toy around with synthesizers every now and then though.

A long long Long time ago I actually played guitar, sort of. I could play notes and chords, but I never made the leap to playing music (if that makes any sense), so I dropped it.

Not so long ago I happened upon handpan drums and thought "that sounds really neat, and hey, I could probably play that!" I'm always beating and banging on things while listening to music I like, so it seemed to be worth a shot. But handpan drums are way too expensive for an "I think I maybe can", but that lead me to much more affordable tongue drums, which I now play around with from time to time. Sometimes I play along with real music (like the "Molly of Denali" theme song :) ), or go outside and pick up rhythms from what I hear, or just sort of play around and try not to scare the wildlife :unsure:.

I also have a small MIDI keyboard a real-musician relative gave me that I've played around with some. Maybe when I have more time...

I’m a musician and song writer, primary heavy metal music. My degree is in sound production and I’m always working on projects from my small home studio. My pre-amp, interface and monitors aren’t anything too fancy. For software I stick with Reaper for writing and recording demos, then for final recordings and mixes I move things over to Pro Tools.

Back