Most booster pads used in a diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndoeasdf50

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I’m interested to find out how many boosters people use when wearing a diaper.
I’m usually a 1 diaper 1 booster kind of guy, but my interest peaked this evening and i wanted to push the boundaries, I’m currently wearing a ABU simple ultra XL with two Lille boosters and one ABU power up. My only worry is he tapes holding after it swells, as I’m expecting some mega swell 😄

Last edited by a moderator:
It may sag to your knees ;)

Reactions: johndoeasdf50
My normal combo is a northshore supreme with 2-3 of there contour boosters. Last me about 8-12 hours depending.... Never had this combo leak. I'm an extremely heavy wetter.

I learned a long time ago it's better to take the price of the booster and roll it into the cost of each diaper. Then go out and get a better diaper at that same overall cost. You'll end up with something much more capable and much less likely to leak. Unless of course all you're after is the added bulk.

I have yet to find a singular diaper that meets my needs sadly.

redbullfiend said:
I have yet to find a singular diaper that meets my needs sadly.
I have to agree with you, I am a super soaker and find that, what is usually advertised as a 12hr diaper, I’ve usually soaked by around 6-7 hours, so a booster or multiple is a must for me.

MailPouch said:
It may sag to your knees ;)
It has! Boosters are soaked but the actual diaper itself is holding up well, but the sag is strong haha

There's a sensible limit beyond which most nappies are pulled too far out of shape by the boosters so that the added absorbency is counteracted by the reduced leak protection around the legs. I sometimes wear two full length (60cm) boosters, one with its top edge in line with the top of the padding at the front, and one in a similar position at the back, overlapping in the middle. During the day I would avoid having any more bulk at the back, to ensure there's enough room inside the leakguards for a #2.. That's not needed at night, so in a nappy with deep leakguards that will hold them in position, I might add a third at the back if I'm expecting to wet a lot.

Paxe said:
There's a sensible limit beyond which most nappies are pulled too far out of shape by the boosters so that the added absorbency is counteracted by the reduced leak protection around the legs. I sometimes wear two full length (60cm) boosters, one with its top edge in line with the top of the padding at the front, and one in a similar position at the back, overlapping in the middle. During the day I would avoid having any more bulk at the back, to ensure there's enough room inside the leakguards for a #2.. That's not needed at night, so in a nappy with deep leakguards that will hold them in position, I might add a third at the back if I'm expecting to wet a lot.
It’s why I’m using a XL diaper instead of my normal large, so it’s got space to expand when wet

I’m a one booster man. Actually, I prefer no boosters. But if I am going to use them, it will be limited to one.

Alwayspadded said:
I have to agree with you, I am a super soaker and find that, what is usually advertised as a 12hr diaper, I’ve usually soaked by around 6-7 hours, so a booster or multiple is a must for me.
Same here. Heavy wetter most diapers simy don't work. I have found good products in northshore supremes, there own booster pad line and megamax is pretty good. The better dry's were pretty comfortable also. I have to boost everything anyway.

I had great luck with boosted little paws from Abu. Very comfortable product 👍

Paxe said:

I haven't tried it myself, but the method in this video seems like it gets around that problem

Janvier said:
I’m a one booster man. Actually, I prefer no boosters. But if I am going to use them, it will be limited to one.
With ABU simple ultras, I find at least one booster simply helps wick the moisture, assuming you’re using a good quality booster.

redbullfiend said:
I had great luck with boosted little paws from Abu. Very comfortable product 👍
Never tried little paws but it’s on my list! Heard good things

Alwayspadded said:
Never tried little paws but it’s on my list! Heard good things
They are pretty comfortable. It's my go to when I feel like having some variety. Just like people who wear undies what's the big deal if I have some color or a cartoon on my diaper. Big whoop lol. I'm stuck in these dang things 24/7 might as well be happy.

W
redbullfiend said:
They are pretty comfortable. It's my go to when I feel like having some variety. Just like people who wear undies what's the big deal if I have some color or a cartoon on my diaper. Big whoop lol. I'm stuck in these dang things 24/7 might as well be happy.
Exactly! Best attitude to have!

I haven't tried it myself, but the method in this video seems like it gets around that problem

Stuffing, rather than boosting, is something I used to do more often, but now only to make a super-thick nappy for fun rather than general wear. It works, but when the mat is torn away from the backsheet there is a risk of it disintegrating early and clumping. It also stops you taking advantage of a couple of the benefits of separate boosters.

One is the sneaky-booster-change option, where it is sometimes possible to do a surreptitious change of booster in a location where normal changing is impossible. Also, a nappy that has been worn for a while but not really used, can be refreshed for skin hygiene by just changing the booster. Another factor is the ability to adjust absorbency to suit the requirements of the moment, without having to carry many different kinds of nappy. From the changing bag I can choose a Tena or a Betterdry and, if the wear-time or expected wetting needs it, add however many boosters I think are appropriate.

So on balance, I find boosting more useful than stuffing for making my nappies as versatile as possible in everyday use.

Reactions: johndoeasdf50 and Janvier
I sometimes have days where I know changing will be problematic for logistical reasons. On those days I like either a Rearz or NS Mega where I add a large booster from NS, and sounds odd but a charcoal fabric booster. Sometimes I might even add a Abena 24x6 pad without the tape. The Abena and Fabric boosters help spread the wetness from front to back really well. I can go a whole day with this, but it does get rather heavy and think in the middle that causes a bit of discomfort.

joemama said:
I sometimes have days where I know changing will be problematic for logistical reasons. On those days I like either a Rearz or NS Mega where I add a large booster from NS, and sounds odd but a charcoal fabric booster. Sometimes I might even add a Abena 24x6 pad without the tape. The Abena and Fabric boosters help spread the wetness from front to back really well. I can go a whole day with this, but it does get rather heavy and think in the middle that causes a bit of discomfort.
I’ve found that if the nappy has been boosted too much, and im having an active day with lots of walking around, chaffing can be a serious issue for me, my legs are naturally quite muscular and a wet AB diaper swells up and rubs real hard on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back