More babyfurs than littles?

ShadowSky

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
There seem to be literally hundreds of babyfurs and exactly zero vanilla littles here. It is so weird, furries make up less than 1% of the population, and less than 1% of those are of the type to end up on pupspace, and less than 1% of those are littles,

so with there only being a 0.001% chance for someone to be a baby pup, how are there hundreds of baby pups in Washington but very few vanilla littles?1713161387418.png

Reactions: CutestPaddedFemboy
In my experience, furries are often very forward with their interests, probably more so than vanilla littles. Furries are quite a bit more well known than ABDLs, especially littles who are more likely to be shy. Perhaps people find it easier to admit to being a furry because of that, leading to a perceived greater incidence in the population. A lot of people are aware of the "Furries run Silicone Valley" idea, and while it is a gloriously broad exaggeration, I think such anecdotes have made it more socially acceptable to the public, perhaps also because of Sports Mascots and Children's TV Characters sharing similarities with furries. That's just my theory though, as a non-furry looking in on it all.

Reactions: Winnie
Furries are trendy and thus babyfurs are trendy. The con attendance numbers are SOO much higher than my first con, which was in 1995. I never thought I’d see it like this.

Part of why I know it’s popular is that every website with anything to do with AB/DL content in general has a preference for “babyfur” in profiles. We are legion!

Last edited:
We're definitely more forward with who we are. I find that mundies and even non-furry kinksters are much more interested in being subtle and blending in than we are. Plus, most cartoons that anybody remembers from when we were kids the first time were about or at least featured talking animals. I know that I always felt more comfortable and at home with talking animals than humans. We also are more obvious when we gather than a lot of other groups even including the sci-fi nerds we branched off from in the late 1980s. A lot of our thing is about being who we feel comfortable being, so if that ABDL tendency is in there somewhere, it comes to the surface in a much more welcoming and knowing community.
Massachusetts and the surrounding New England states are very much the same way, by the by. I don't think I've ever even thought I've seen or met a non-furry little, yet the majority of my local furry friends wear diapers. Its truly wild what you find when you're comfortable with expressing yourself.
FatalGeometry said:
"....A lot of people are aware of the "Furries run Silicone Valley" idea, ..."
Its actually Furries run the internet. And it holds quite a bit of water, a lot of IT folks and programmers are Furries. Also trans women, but that's sort of besides the point ;3. We're into open source, linux, and retrocomputing. Please don't get us mixed up with the people who want to make everything in life become a subscription payment app. We don't like them either. lol. We're wild animals, not the establishment, man.

Reactions: Winnie
Back