Missing Christmas - Where did Christmas go?

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
So, here I am, a Teddy Bear on the eve of Christmas Eve and wondering where is Christmas? Teddy Bears have always been part of Christmas, right? But this Teddy Bear is seemingly lost and cannot find it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean, really, where did Christmas go? Where is the Christmases that I used to remember? When for weeks prior I was in the spirit of Christmas and going to Christmas concerts, listening to Christmas, filled with the wonder and light of the spirit of Christmas? :think:

I think back to my real childhood years, when I would look out in amazement and awe at the snow as it fell and looking out over a white wonderland as it glistened in the light of the moon. and thinking of Christmas morning. In my early childhood years, of wondering when Santa would come, and what presents he might bring. Then as I grew older, in the magical spirit of Christmas, of seeing the lights and the concerts and performing in school plays and band concerts, looking forward to being with friends and going to special places at this time of year. Then as a teenager going on dates, and spending time with the magic of infatuation with special persons I knew and holding hands and the feeling of longing for a goodnight kiss, and the very powerful feelings of wonder and love. Then when going to college, looking forward to Christmas break and coming home, but also of the time spent with others and young love and going to dances and movies and just the powerful feelings of happiness and magic that Christmas brought.

Where is the magic that I had when first married, then as life progress, having my own children, and the even more powerful magic of Christmas and seeing the light and spirit of Christmas in my own children's eyes? The beauty of Christmas mornings when my children awoke me at 4:00 in the morning all excited at what Santa had brought, and of the tender moments of being with them, sledding in the snow, seeing the Christmas lights, decorating, school plays, and concerts and wonderful activities they were in.

Then the special part of Christmas, which is beyond the glitter and gifts and glamor, of which I experienced from when I was a baby (real life aged baby), through my childhood, through college, through marriage and my own children, of the true meaning of Christmas, and why it is celebrated in the first place. Of the celebration of Jesus Christ. Which, while I know there are many who are Christians here, there are also many who are not, or who may have once been but felt that religion got in the way or that they have left their beliefs in such. I respect everyone's beliefs, but to me, this has been a big part of my life and who I am. But even that, for whatever reason, I wonder where has this part of Christmas gone?

I imagine Christmas is still out there. I imagine the magic, the love, the beauty, the excitement, the wonder and awe is still out there. And if so, then perhaps the question is not where did Christmas go, but where am I? Where did I go? How far have I journeyed that I cannot find Christmas in the same way as I found Christmas before?

Reactions: bbbinkie
I think as we grow older, Christmas changes as well. It also does not help when dark clouds cover the holiday. For me, I have my nieces to see the spark of Christmas spirit in, but for my parents, brother and myself, the magic may not be gone but the past few years has gone down due to things beyond our control.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy and nwm
Christmas died for me in my 20's. I may have been excited a few times for a few gifts sometimes but these days I'm about 100x richer than my parents and I can buy whatever I need instead of having it gifted. As a result its hard to buy me gifts, although I would jump at joy to receive baby and toddler toys. Well, not going to happen even if I told my parents I was ABDL. Anyways Its hard to get everyone else gifts too, my parents don't do anything at all but sit at home doing nothing after they get back from work. But, I suppose now that I have a nephew who is 5 it is kind of exciting to get him gifts. All sorts of cool toys these days that I would also enjoy in little mode too. Its just not the same as it was when I was little, but that is the way things go I suppose. We do our Christmas on the 24th, I'm going to go downstairs in my footie PJ's like I used to as a kid when everyone arrives.

Reactions: chrischrischris and TeddyBearCowboy
Thanks Icewolf and MickeyM for your responses. I'm still working on figuring it out, but certainly missing the spirit of Christmas that I have felt before.

It's all still there - just kind of gets hidden a bit as you get older.
Unfortunately the events the past two years have not helped at all.
And THAT bought other issues with it.
And STILL not done - in fact another problem directly related this year!
BUT that doesn't kill every thing, just a lot harder to see...
And don't loss sight of the true meaning in any case.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
Christmas is only special if you have people you love to share it with. Friends and family are the glue that keeps us together.

If you are feeling like Christmas is gone, Id ask you where your loved ones are? If they are no longer close maybe you could give them a call and mend some bridges? If that is not an option then maybe a new years resolution for you could be to get out into the real world and make some new friends. Get into group activities and try to be friendly, supportive and positive. You could even host a party or gathering for your friends. Bring people together with food, drinks and music. Thats what Christmas is about. Celebrating the goodness of humanity. If you are having a tough time finding goodness, then you should be the person to create it for others.

Evil people want all goodness and peace to stop existing. They want you sad, alone, angry and scared. Evil cannot stand smiling people bringing happiness and joy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy and DylanLewis
TeddyBearCowboy said:
Of the celebration of Jesus Christ. Which, while I know there are many who are Christians here, there are also many who are not, or who may have once been but felt that religion got in the way or that they have left their beliefs in such. I respect everyone's beliefs, but to me, this has been a big part of my life and who I am. But even that, for whatever reason, I wonder where has this part of Christmas gone?
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/AngloSaxon-Christmas/
(Check out the other period links, too 😉)

Maybe the mask has slipped, for you?
We all live in our own bubbles of experience and, for some, privilege and excess. Now and then, something comes along and peels back that veneer of delusional contentment a little.

I have a love/hate relationship with xmas; I love the noble ideals and sentimental idealism, but I hate the greed, pretentiousness and two-facedness.
That said, it is obviously a part of my own greed to want time for myself (an interesting question: when was the idea of an individual's privacy invented?), so I am glad that the fuss and bother by others, as would associated with xmas, is mostly over for me.

And so, beyond what has been the usual routine of personal satiation, I don't really have a xmas culture. I can only remember going to one midnight mass, at the nearest church (CofE; I was baptized RC) and about all I can recall is being freezing, bored, a bit lost (different service to the RC) and pissed off at all the pretenders.

Mind you, I am still 🤞🏻 for a white Xmas 😁

I cheat by having a child. Living vicariously through my son on Christmas morning. Reliving the excitement of waiting up for Santa and wondering when and how he got the presents under the tree in the blink of an eye. Watching him open his presents, fill up on sweets, and look at Christmas lights in awe.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'd enjoy Christmas as much if I didn't have him. It's just not the same. I feel like kids bring out the magic of the holiday.

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64, TeddyBearCowboy and Liljaypup
I hope that we all could find Christmas these adult years suck sometimes. Remembering all the good times. My family is not a small one but over the years have drifted apart. I have read alot the stories on here and fantasize about what it could be like to be very little again and experience the Christmas as it would have been. Then I wake up and feel upset that it was all a dream. But haven that said, we could make new experiences new choices. I really do like meeting people on here and talking about life experiences the good and bad. But like i said the choices we could make now like chilling out with all of you on here and trying to find the magic again is possible. Not trying to be the know all here but trying to say there might be a silver lining some where for all of us. Maybe some of us could meet up and have an adult/little chrismas or just even to hang out. With the world now is very hard. But maybe it could be possible at some point. As I close this post I would like to wish u all safe holidays and hope you can find the spark of the holidays even dare I say be yourself (little/adult) for the day Merry Christmas to all and happy holidays.

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64 and TeddyBearCowboy
Back