Mind has been blown for two day. Beatles. While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

MiddleJacob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
There is a "new" arrangement of this you guys. Guitar, vocals, and it seems the strings were added later by George Martin around 2006.

I guess I simply missed this release. I had The Beatles: Get Back pretty close to release.

Get Back is a commitment. I really would like you guys to take a minute (or four) to listen or watch this song. It's not like anything I've seen from a Beatles-era band.

Fucking awesome! I can sing it like George, best in the morning. Still learning this version on acoustic. Piano chords.

I'm not sure if this YouTube link will work. If it does or doesn't, please let me know (this is pretty important to me right now):

Reactions: TeeMousy, ElPulpo and leafgoalie
MiddleJacob said:
There is a "new" arrangement of this you guys. Guitar, vocals, and it seems the strings were added later by George Martin around 2006.

I guess I simply missed this release. I had The Beatles: Get Back pretty close to release.

Get Back is a commitment. I really would like you guys to take a minute (or four) to listen or watch this song. It's not like anything I've seen from a Beatles-era band.

Fucking awesome! I can sing it like George, best in the morning. Still learning this version on acoustic. Piano chords.

I'm not sure if this YouTube link will work. If it does or doesn't, please let me know (this is pretty important to me right now):

Glad you found it ...it's a great video and the song is fantastic too! I frequently watch it!

• Love
Reactions: MiddleJacob
Watch and listen to The magical mystery tour album then try and explain the lyrics to “I am the walrus “🤣🤣
I think some elicit substances were used during the writing of it as with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Last edited:
I'm not a true Beatles fan because I only like a few of their songs, this being one of them
Imo I think one of the best renditions of this song was by Jeff Healy.

Thanks, I didn't know that version.
One of my favourite versions of that song has been the one from the "Concert for George", performed on the first anniversary of Harrison's death by his son Dhani Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Michael Palin, Jeff Lynn, Gary Brooker, Joe Brown, Sam Brown, Tom Petty and Anoushka Shankar, the daughter of George Harrison's sitar teacher - while Eric Clapton's guitar literally gently bewept our bereavement.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MiddleJacob
Nowididit said:
I'm not a true Beatles fan because I only like a few of their songs, this being one of them
Imo I think one of the best renditions of this song was by Jeff Healy.
I just watched it. Pretty rare to see a lap steel guitar rendition. I don't think I've ever seen a cover like this in any situation.

Have you heard of Marty Muse?

ElPulpo said:
One of my favourite versions of that song has been the one from the "Concert for George", performed on the first anniversary of Harrison's death by his son Dhani Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Michael Palin, Jeff Lynn, Gary Brooker, Joe Brown, Sam Brown, Tom Petty and Anoushka Shankar, the daughter of George Harrison's sitar teacher - while Eric Clapton's guitar literally gently bewept our bereavement.

@ElPulpo

Yes, of course I've seen this one! Clapton is my real favorite, maybe Cream to be specific. An actual tear-jerker. :cry: especially with Petty and all.

ElPulpo said:

@ElPulpo

So I watched this one just now. Holy crap! I fricking love it. I might have gotten this confused with other, like, former Beatles or maybe Traveling Wilburys.

Your link says it was from 5 years ago. I've never seen Clapton that perfectly emulate someone vocally and I'm deep into him with Robert Johnson and BB King.

Lastly, George's boy. Probably the best part! He has such a resemblance to his dad you know. Like, WTF! :)

Thanks for that link.

Reactions: ElPulpo
I've been through almost (or so i thought) all the Clapton videos on YouTube. Spechies all the stuff related to the Beatles. Maybe the saddest one is when he was recovering from heroin on George's tour for I think Bangladesh. There's a YouTube video of them practicing with Eric in bellbottoms and a cigarette. He was still in the zone even with all the withdrawls and stuff suffocating him.

That is cool. Thanks for sharing.

Back