Men like diapers more than girls?

Outdoorlife

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone read anything good on why this is more common in males?

I have come to terms with the fact I am a DL and noticed there are a lot more diaper guys than gals. Not a bad thing, just want to learn more about how we all got here.

Reactions: mackenz
I would imagine there is a more even split than you'd suspect.

A large part of it is how women are treated online in general. When you have women receiving unsolicited dick pics on places like LinkedIn, I can only imagine how bad it is on kink related websites.

If I was betting man, I would say the large majority are passive observers. I also wouldn't be surprised to find a good number of them present as men when online just to avoid being hounded.

Just my thoughts on this phenomenon.

• Love
Reactions: melodyswashbuckler, wearforsafety, satinbottom and 17 others
girls are permitted to wear childrens fashion into adult hood. This is usually frowned upon with boys.

Reactions: MetalDan86, neophyte, satinbottom and 10 others
I dunno. I like diapers, but I also like girls a lot…😁

I honestly think it has more to do with hygiene. Women need to take care of their genitals more fastidiously than men do to avoid infections. I mean, seriously, men’s junk is rather resistant to infections, even when terribly abused. Our urethra is longer, so flushing it out is more effective at repelling invasion. Women tend to get UTIs a lot more due to the shorter urethra and the bacteria rich breeding ground around the labia.

It would stand to reason that women are logically repelled by the lack of cleanliness that goes with taping a portable toilet against your crotch.

Even women who engage in diaper play and use seem to be more attentive to cleaning that men are. I know I don’t usually give two shits about my crotch until I get in the shower. I doubt a woman could get away with that.

…and also, “two shits” isn’t exactly what I meant…

Edit: Though I’m saying all that at the risk of manslpaining, I’d be happy to be set straight on this by a woman.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: wearforsafety and ShyBoo81
blaincorrous said:
I dunno. I like diapers, but I also like girls a lot…😁

I honestly think it has more to do with hygiene. Women need to take care of their genitals more fastidiously than men do to avoid infections. I mean, seriously, men’s junk is rather resistant to infections, even when terribly abused. Our urethra is longer, so flushing it out is more effective at repelling invasion. Women tend to get UTIs a lot more due to the shorter urethra and the bacteria rich breeding ground around the labia.

It would stand to reason that women are logically repelled by the lack of cleanliness that goes with taping a portable toilet against your crotch.

Even women who engage in diaper play and use seem to be more attentive to cleaning that men are. I know I don’t usually give two shits about my crotch until I get in the shower. I doubt a woman could get away with that.

…and also, “two shits” isn’t exactly what I meant…

Edit: Though I’m saying all that at the risk of manslpaining, I’d be happy to be set straight on this by a woman.
I agree with you and as someone who is AFAB I do have to be more attentive to changing and staying as clean and dry as possible. Though, I still think social pressure determines more than cleaning habits do. The sexual pressure all women endure is incredible and having taboo interests is strongly pushed against UNLESS it is for a partners pleasure. And for those who wear nonsexually it is looked down upon even more so as it's seen as an act of perverting childlike things and can lead to other extreme accusations which is true for all genders.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, tas84, OmiOMy and 2 others
As a woman… I love my diapers. I wear them as often as I can and honestly I don’t care what people think. I have yet to find a man though who will keep me in them permanently… thought I had and he turned out to be a ass. A man in a diaper though is very sexy especially when I am the one putting it on.

• Love
Reactions: Jk95, MetalDan86, Jimbolo and 14 others
My bedwetting is definitely a big part of why I like diapers could be to do with that as it’s 2:1 so twice as many boys are bedwetters 🤷‍♂️

I am also a woman who’s ABDL, and basically agree with what’s already been said.
There are probably more women in the community than one would think, but I’d bet most of them don’t engage in online spaces due to the level of harassment we receive. Even on a site as casual as ADISC, I’ve received messages and demands that make me regret ever displaying my gender and I know from speaking to other female members they’ve experienced the same. And I don’t think I could say in person spaces would be much better either, but I can’t speak on that.
There’s also the cleanliness factor as already mentioned. I would be way less disturbed by my interests in diaper wearing if I did not have a vagina, since just wearing as someone with one increases the chance or potential issues with pH, UTIs, etc. Also in general there is a massive societal stigma surrounding women and vaginal cleanliness (where vaginas are often seen as dirty or gross for natural functions).
Societal standards in general are a huge influence. Women are often infantilized. In misogynistic narratives we are made out to be immature, emotional, narrow-minded, possessive, impulsive—qualities one would associate with a young child. As a young woman I am frequently patronized or thought of as weak, physically and mentally—once again, like a child. I think that makes the thought of our form of infantilism unappealing to a lot of women, since they already have to endure that on a frequent basis.
And in a similar way that the standards of traditional masculinity can simultaneously entice and scare male ABDLs from their desires, I think the standards of femininity can do the same for women and their ABDL desires. Women are taught to be the caregivers, that they should be the ones nurturing the children, that they should be more mature (yet still seen as immature simultaneously) than men. I can see how that both gives the appeal to being ABDL (as an escape from these pressures) and how that would also scare someone away from their desires (and I also see how that could scare women away from being CGs, since they already are expected to do the brunt of the caring, and then would have to take another caregiver role to their partner). A part of traditional femininity is also that women need to be clean, but diapers are often associated with dirtiness.
There’s also the opposite narrative, where women need to be strong, and independent, and not rely on others or you’re taking an active role in these old conservative views, which I can see how that would make one not want to engage in both an AB or CG role.
There’s also plenty of negative connotations with diapers that come up in women’s lives just naturally—for example wearing menstrual pads is often seen as gross and a less mature choice for menstrual products since it’s like a diaper. Or another example would be one of the parts that women dread after birth, which is having to wear thick padded underwear similar to a diaper. I have heard many women call it embarrassing and gross, despite it being helpful after going through the massive struggle that is labor.
There are plenty of reasons that make so few women engage in ABDL, but I do believe there are more out there than we know of. I also think a lot of the social standards that make men want to engage in ABDL that also can really frighten them (like a desire to be nurtured since men are told to be tough, a desire to not be in control since men are the ones who need to be dominant according to these standards) also effect women in very similar ways even if the effect is not the same. I hope more conversations can be had on these kinds of things and that hopefully spaces can become more comfortable for members who are women.

• Love
Reactions: melodyswashbuckler, Kayleigh, Subtlerustle and 25 others
lilbabyjooce said:
I hope more conversations can be had on these kinds of things and that hopefully spaces can become more comfortable for members who are women.
Ditto. I’d say, women need a specific exclusive space for ABDL, but I also know how that tends to go when you tell men they aren’t welcome somewhere. They tend to try to invade.

I’m sure there are some very secret places…

Reactions: melodyswashbuckler and KittyninjaW
I'm a female also , I do like my diapers also. With them I couldn't carry on in my daily life with out them . Plus I'm very lucky to have partner that understand my needs .

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Samantha, ReluctantAdult and 3 others
I like girls more than I like diapers.

Reactions: RachelOlivia, ReluctantAdult and KindaOlde
lilbabyjooce said:
I am also a woman who’s ABDL, and basically agree with what’s already been said.
There are probably more women in the community than one would think, but I’d bet most of them don’t engage in online spaces due to the level of harassment we receive. Even on a site as casual as ADISC, I’ve received messages and demands that make me regret ever displaying my gender and I know from speaking to other female members they’ve experienced the same. And I don’t think I could say in person spaces would be much better either, but I can’t speak on that.
There’s also the cleanliness factor as already mentioned. I would be way less disturbed by my interests in diaper wearing if I did not have a vagina, since just wearing as someone with one increases the chance or potential issues with pH, UTIs, etc. Also in general there is a massive societal stigma surrounding women and vaginal cleanliness (where vaginas are often seen as dirty or gross for natural functions).
Societal standards in general are a huge influence. Women are often infantilized. In misogynistic narratives we are made out to be immature, emotional, narrow-minded, possessive, impulsive—qualities one would associate with a young child. As a young woman I am frequently patronized or thought of as weak, physically and mentally—once again, like a child. I think that makes the thought of our form of infantilism unappealing to a lot of women, since they already have to endure that on a frequent basis.
And in a similar way that the standards of traditional masculinity can simultaneously entice and scare male ABDLs from their desires, I think the standards of femininity can do the same for women and their ABDL desires. Women are taught to be the caregivers, that they should be the ones nurturing the children, that they should be more mature (yet still seen as immature simultaneously) than men. I can see how that both gives the appeal to being ABDL (as an escape from these pressures) and how that would also scare someone away from their desires (and I also see how that could scare women away from being CGs, since they already are expected to do the brunt of the caring, and then would have to take another caregiver role to their partner). A part of traditional femininity is also that women need to be clean, but diapers are often associated with dirtiness.
There’s also the opposite narrative, where women need to be strong, and independent, and not rely on others or you’re taking an active role in these old conservative views, which I can see how that would make one not want to engage in both an AB or CG role.
There’s also plenty of negative connotations with diapers that come up in women’s lives just naturally—for example wearing menstrual pads is often seen as gross and a less mature choice for menstrual products since it’s like a diaper. Or another example would be one of the parts that women dread after birth, which is having to wear thick padded underwear similar to a diaper. I have heard many women call it embarrassing and gross, despite it being helpful after going through the massive struggle that is labor.
There are plenty of reasons that make so few women engage in ABDL, but I do believe there are more out there than we know of. I also think a lot of the social standards that make men want to engage in ABDL that also can really frighten them (like a desire to be nurtured since men are told to be tough, a desire to not be in control since men are the ones who need to be dominant according to these standards) also effect women in very similar ways even if the effect is not the same. I hope more conversations can be had on these kinds of things and that hopefully spaces can become more comfortable for members who are women.
I am also AFAB and you said everything that had to be said.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Happy2BeInNappies2 and lilbabyjooce
ArchtopK said:
girls are permitted to wear childrens fashion into adult hood. This is usually frowned upon with boys.
Oh really now I'd make it a law and a requirement for men to be sissy's just to listen to the cry. Im a believer in doing things you hate so you can experience life regardless if you absolutely hate it.

I do believe that more males than females are into abdl, and I am also sure that guys are way more likely to chat about it in groups like this than women are.
I remember reading a post years ago from a woman who on moving into her own residence had decided that she was going to wear diapers and plastic pants 24/365, and that since she considered it a private matter that would be her only post on the subject. I'm sure there are others like her.

DIaper ratio is around 8M:3F. Nothing new...

CrazySmoker said:
DIaper ratio is around 8M:3F. Nothing new...

The big question is... Why such a so large ratio?

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
What I have found , online verses real time . Someone was asking me this question last weekend during a round table discussion at a leather event . My answer , Of all the events I have done over the years , the percentage of female verses male has always been hugely more females than males. Generally I am the only boy there. It seems obvious for whatever reason , boys just don't come out to real time events like woman.

Nah, I think there are more females into this than you think. But they tend to avoid social media or they will stick to communities specializing in it such as fetlife. I suppose another factor is that a male's sexual stimulation takes place on the outside of their body, while a females stimulation takes place inside them. So if you think about it for a second, it makes sense why males are more likely to be diaper lovers, while females tend to gravitate toward DDLG relationships

Reactions: abdl86
I don't think there are as many men compared to women, the others gave very important points about the topic. What I'd like to know is where the estimations come from.

Last edited:
Here's the ending there are more males on gods blue given earth 👍

Back