Memories

Bedwetter12

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
This is a question for the bedwetters who were diapered at night time. Did you grow fond of the protection you were put in and how did you feel when you woke up wet in the morning? Speaking from personal experience I wet the bed nightly until I was 14 and wore Goodnites after age 8 for my accidents. I also had a brief wetting period during the day when I was 9 and wore my little brother’s training pants for about 3 months and then the problem stopped. I grew fond of the diapers towards the end of my bed wetting but was also relieved when it stopped. I didn’t have a care in the world if I was wet in the morning as it was expected so I didn’t make a big deal about it. The daytime accidents were different though as I found out it was related to a weird problem in my bladder and those accidents always embarrassed me. The most embarrassing part of that situation was that during the day at that time I really truly needed them and being in diapers during the day like my 3.5 year old brother was quite embarrassing but the most embarrassing part was when I went over to my cousin’s house one time who was 7 and of course toilet trained and he saw me wearing a pull-up when we were playing in the afternoon and couldn’t believe it

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21 and Lyric
Bedwetter12 said:
This is a question for the bedwetters who were diapered at night time. Did you grow fond of the protection you were put in and how did you feel when you woke up wet in the morning? Speaking from personal experience I wet the bed nightly until I was 14 and wore Goodnites after age 8 for my accidents. I also had a brief wetting period during the day when I was 9 and wore my little brother’s training pants for about 3 months and then the problem stopped. I grew fond of the diapers towards the end of my bed wetting but was also relieved when it stopped. I didn’t have a care in the world if I was wet in the morning as it was expected so I didn’t make a big deal about it. The daytime accidents were different though as I found out it was related to a weird problem in my bladder and those accidents always embarrassed me. The most embarrassing part of that situation was that during the day at that time I really truly needed them and being in diapers during the day like my 3.5 year old brother was quite embarrassing but the most embarrassing part was when I went over to my cousin’s house one time who was 7 and of course toilet trained and he saw me wearing a pull-up when we were playing in the afternoon and couldn’t believe it

I am not sure “fond“ is the term I would use. I also wet the bed nightly until around the age of 14 and then more often than not all the way through high school. I went through a couple year. Between the ages of 14 and 16 I did not wear diapers at night and merely flooded my bed when accidents did occur. Up until I started having dry nights around the age of 14, I had always worn diapers and plastic pants to bed for my entire life. Accordingly it just seem normal. So I suppose I felt a sense of security being diapered at night and since I always woke up wet didn’t think much about it. When I finally came to appreciate the utility of night diapers was after a couple years where I convinced myself I was too old to wear diapers and I could reliably stay dry. As I’ve stated before it’s amazing how much urine a growing 15 or 16-year-old boy can produce and when you combine that with the Water repellency of a real rubber sheet, You have a lot of mornings where you wake up literally marinated In a soaking wet bed. Let’s just say when I finally went back to night diapers around the age of 16, I appreciated them more than I had growing up.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, Bedwetter12 and Lyric
I did grow quite fond of wearing diapers and rubber pants and waking up wet in the morning sometime around jr. high school. I'd always been a bedwetter, but I thought I was too old to be diapered at night because none of my friends wore diapers any longer and I was very embarrassed that I did. But around that time I began to get excited when mom would diaper me for bed and soon found myself touching my pee-pee under my diaper and from then on I grew fonder and fonder of being diapered every night and waking up wet in the morning and have my mom take off my wet diapers before cleaning up for school.

Lyric said:
I did grow quite fond of wearing diapers and rubber pants and waking up wet in the morning sometime around jr. high school. I'd always been a bedwetter, but I thought I was too old to be diapered at night because none of my friends wore diapers any longer and I was very embarrassed that I did. But around that time I began to get excited when mom would diaper me for bed and soon found myself touching my pee-pee under my diaper and from then on I grew fonder and fonder of being diapered every night and waking up wet in the morning and have my mom take off my wet diapers before cleaning up for school.
I just grew so accustomed to waking up wet and it felt like a routine. When the routine stopped it was very weird at first and hard to adjust but I eventually did. When you wear for that long it becomes a part of you... just my opinion of course 👍

Bedwetter12 said:
Yep exactly , I was a bedwetter till late teens like about 16 or 17 , i had to put on my diapers every night before i go to bed , i always wear tape on diapers as i've tried goodnites and it couldn't hold . As for memories of diaper incidents there are too many to count lol , I traveled internationally quite often with my family back then and i was always diapered mostly throughout the trip as for long overseas flights , trains , buses or by car i would fall asleep so diapers are a must for me . I've been through many embarrassing situations when traveling and locally . I was potty trained late and have been wearing diapers 24/7 all the way till i was about 6 . Me being in just diapers at 16 with nothing to cover at home is normal for my family , its warm here in my country anyway . When i stopped bedwetting i wanted to be back in diapers as it provides me comfort and security so i had to secretly get them as my parents don't know im a DL .

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyric, Swollover88, Rezzu and 1 other person
I stopped bed wetting at almost 17 and just decided to keep wearing them I'd probably need them anyway if I got sick plus they just bring me comfort and safety.

Reactions: Lyric, perlFerret and Bedwetter12
iampadded said:
I am not sure “fond“ is the term I would use. I also wet the bed nightly until around the age of 14 and then more often than not all the way through high school. I went through a couple year. Between the ages of 14 and 16 I did not wear diapers at night and merely flooded my bed when accidents did occur. Up until I started having dry nights around the age of 14, I had always worn diapers and plastic pants to bed for my entire life. Accordingly it just seem normal. So I suppose I felt a sense of security being diapered at night and since I always woke up wet didn’t think much about it. When I finally came to appreciate the utility of night diapers was after a couple years where I convinced myself I was too old to wear diapers and I could reliably stay dry. As I’ve stated before it’s amazing how much urine a growing 15 or 16-year-old boy can produce and when you combine that with the Water repellency of a real rubber sheet, You have a lot of mornings where you wake up literally marinated In a soaking wet bed. Let’s just say when I finally went back to night diapers around the age of 16, I appreciated them more than I had growing up.
Same for me. I was off /on wearing undergarment protection at night up until about 10, plastic mattress cover until 11 / 12. I did not have nighttime urinary challenges from about 13 - 17 so regular underwear was finally achieved! But starting college it all came back and my night time output was like you state @iampadded - a lot more than when I was 10!

In a way, growing up from age 4 - 10 had me accept wearing training underwear and plastic underpants as "normal" since I hated waking up in wet pjs & sheets at night. So in college I was lucky to have an understanding dorm mate and resident dorm counselor and though a bit embarrassing at first, I greatly accepted the fact I had to wear a full diaper (snap on - thankfully no pins needed) and adult size plastic underpants as my new norm at night which worked well! That first night of wearing and sleeping completely through the night in a full wet diaper but no wet sheets actually gave me a strong sense of security that meant my college life could be somewhat more normal to others.

Thankfully since age 4 I have not had any daytime challenges. I did have to eventually tell others in college when I slept over with them or had personal relationships with others but that went along with being an adult now and accepting what I had to deal with.

For me it depended on the age. Younger years I didn’t care at all. Wearing nappies to bed was just normal. I don’t think Drynites existed back then so my parents put my nappies on for me, but it didn’t bother me. I’d get my nappy put on well before bed, but I didn’t try to hide it or anything. And in the morning I’d just get up in a soaked nappy and come downstairs!
But when I was older it used to upset me and when I’d wake up with a wet nappy I’d cry or go and tell my parents even in the middle of the night. My dad was pretty nice about it all. But my stepmum and one stepsister were horrible about it. Stepsister used to specifically call them my “baby nappies” rather than just nappies. That was annoying.

Sgdlboy said:
Yep exactly , I was a bedwetter till late teens like about 16 or 17 , i had to put on my diapers every night before i go to bed , i always wear tape on diapers as i've tried goodnites and it couldn't hold . As for memories of diaper incidents there are too many to count lol , I traveled internationally quite often with my family back then and i was always diapered mostly throughout the trip as for long overseas flights , trains , buses or by car i would fall asleep so diapers are a must for me . I've been through many embarrassing situations when traveling and locally . I was potty trained late and have been wearing diapers 24/7 all the way till i was about 6 . Me being in just diapers at 16 with nothing to cover at home is normal for my family , its warm here in my country anyway . When i stopped bedwetting i wanted to be back in diapers as it provides me comfort and security so i had to secretly get them as my parents don't know im a DL .
What did you mean you wore diapers at 16 and your family knew, but your family doesn't know you're a DL?

Swollover88 said:
What did you mean you wore diapers at 16 and your family knew, but your family doesn't know you're a DL?
To clarify , i was a bedwetter till about 17 and had to wear diapers till that age , my family knew i was a bedwetter till then , then shortly after that i stopped bedwetting and my family knows that i stopped too , so i have no reason to be wearing diapers after and that means i have to secretly get diapers , i dunno why im a DL but i would guess its because i grew up wearing them through puberty .

Sgdlboy said:
To clarify , i was a bedwetter till about 17 and had to wear diapers till that age , my family knew i was a bedwetter till then , then shortly after that i stopped bedwetting and my family knows that i stopped too , so i have no reason to be wearing diapers after and that means i have to secretly get diapers , i dunno why im a DL but i would guess its because i grew up wearing them through puberty .
Oh, ok, I getcha now. Yeah, maybe that is why you are a DL

Wearing diapers through puberty along with my mother pinning a diaper on me nightly is likely the main reason I’m a DL now.

I wore diapers for bedwetting until I was six or so and I was already fond of them by then. My mother would come in after I got in bed and pin on a diaper and hand me the plastic pants to put over. In the morning I would pull off the wet diaper as soon as I got up. I did not like hanging out in a wet diaper but I did when dry. I know I was fond of them because of that plus I would get impatient if my mother was late putting on my diaper. I asked my mother why she decided to keep me in diapers so long. She did not remember but others in town were doing the same thing because I remember going to a local store to buy oversize plastic pants.

Back