Megamax ripping

Littlebabyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone ever experienced megamax ripping on the wing? Maybe I'm using the wrong term but the part of thr diaper that comes over and has the tapes on it that comes around and tapes the front on... I'm very well within the size range. 35 inch waist and I'm using mediums... HELP!

I'm the same size and have not had that issue with megamax. maybe your going a little too tight or if it was just 1 could be a bad one. I love megamax and hope they haven't changed something.

I use the mediums , I haven't had any issues , mabye the batch is bad

Contact Northshore. They are AMAZING with their customer support.

CptKirk

Reactions: TigerDL
So far, the only issue I’ve had with the MegaMax is that, after a couple of hours, the adhesive really sets up, and then it’s easy to tear the front of the diaper while opening it. That’s obvious not a huge deal if I’m changing, but if I’m temporarily un-diapering to do a #2 in the toilet, it’s more annoying.

I’ve never had the wings rip, or had the tapes separate from the wings.

Last edited:
Littlebabyd said:
Anyone ever experienced megamax ripping on the wing? Maybe I'm using the wrong term but the part of thr diaper that comes over and has the tapes on it that comes around and tapes the front on... I'm very well within the size range. 35 inch waist and I'm using mediums... HELP!

The landing zone often rips when I take the tapes off. I have to be extremely careful when I open them if I don’t want to tear them.

Yeah, i havent had any issues with the sides tearing, with the exception of trying to open them up (untape) which is not often for me, being IC usually it's just a change and even if taking one off for whatever reason, i dont bother trying to untape them anymore at all, once the tapes are on therre for awhile, they are NOT coming off.

I prefer them to be perm fixed in place as opposed to any chance of them comming loose under for any reason. A loose tape will cause a leak IMHO and that is the main reason i use diapers is to NOT have wet clothes/bedding/furniture.

So, the very few times where i might want to take one off and even rarer to be completely dry, I'll take the one wasted diaper over the possibilit of a loose tape. You also could cut the wing and tape it back up if your really wanting to to save the diaper for a reuse per se.

After all, once a diaper is on, it shouldnt come off for the most part IMHO.

Back