MegaMax Landing Zone Ripping

DL1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Has anyone had the issue with recent shipments of MegaMax diapers where when you remove the tape in the morning the landing zone and back sheet are ripping? (Attached are two pictures of the issue I’m talking about)

I bought two cases and so far in both cases about 80-90% of the time when I remove the tape in the morning the diaper rips. I have tried to remove the tapes overly slowly to prevent it and I have tried to remove them more quickly yet the same issue is experienced.

Lot number I have had this with is 08 Feb 2023

Attachments

• IMG_1143.jpeg
    IMG_1143.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1144.jpeg
    IMG_1144.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • Sad
Reactions: Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Oh yeah… but I didn’t think much of it because they were used already…

Reactions: Edgewater
yeah, I've been having issues with mine for 2 months now. Maybe it is a result of laying on the tapes a bunch or tossing and turning that stretches the plastic so it tears easier when coming off? Not an issue as repositioning them immediately doesn't seem to be an issue and when I take them off in the morning I'm not putting them back on. I don't wake up in the middle of the night so no idea if they would still tear then.

Sunday morning after a wet night. It was time to shower and boxer up.

They tear the landing zone for me often after I’ve been wearing the diaper for a while.

When I get up in the morning and change I have been having the same issue. They tear on the landing zone. Since I'm changing it doesn't matter to me because I'm going into a fresh one.

Reactions: Edgewater and Cottontail
cantwait said:
They tear the landing zone for me often after I’ve been wearing the diaper for a while.
This has been my experience also. Sometimes, an hour or so into wearing, I'll adjust the tapes for snugness, and that's always been fine. 4+ hours later, when I go to take the diaper off, I end up ripping it about 50% of the time. It's not a big deal for me as I'm about to toss it anyway, but it would be a different story if I was still mostly dry and trying to snug it up again.

Reactions: cantwait and Edgewater
I never had that problem, likely because, I cut them off with surgical scissors, as a standard process that I developed as part of out and about changing. Northshore, MEGAMAX had always had a tab that seems to adhere ever better with the application of body heat, compression and time. Likely or with great luck, my body shape works well with MEGAMAX as resetting it is something, I have never had to do!

Happens to me too, but not a big deal because they don't tear on their own, only when I take it off.

Reactions: Edgewater and cakdl
well, yeah once the tapes ar on the landing zone for quite awhile.

if you need to reposition right away no worries, but later there is little if any ability to remove the tapes without ripping or damaging the diaper. Now i wear 24/7 and IC so that hasnt been any worry for me, in fact like the fact that after a short time i know the tapes are NOT going to come loose.

I think the sticking of the tapes are about perfect, and if they are easy to release would be not as good for me. obviously being ic, when i take one off it's going to the garbage no matter so it works perfect for me.

I made the switch from BetterDry to MegaMax and this is what I’m finding through the first two cases. Just wanted to be sure I was not doing something dumb. I’m not sure how long it is before you can’t reposition the tapes without ripping the back sheet/landing zone as I put them on before bed and don’t take it off till morning.

My only issue is if I wet a lot when on my stomach the padding can be wet where it rips open and I didn’t want to create a mess.

Good to know this is normal behavior of this diaper. Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays!

DL1989 said:
Has anyone had the issue with recent shipments of MegaMax diapers where when you remove the tape in the morning the landing zone and back sheet are ripping? (Attached are two pictures of the issue I’m talking about)

I bought two cases and so far in both cases about 80-90% of the time when I remove the tape in the morning the diaper rips. I have tried to remove the tapes overly slowly to prevent it and I have tried to remove them more quickly yet the same issue is experienced.

Lot number I have had this with is 08 Feb 2023
megamax tape adhesive is pretty brutal. That can be a good thing or a bad thing, Good if you're worried about tapes popping. Bad thing if you want to move a tape, remove diaper temporarily for bathroom use, or if you're in a hurry changing your diaper. Just pull slower on the tape next time.

I've found that with these tapes (and others to a lesser extent) the adhesive "sets" after a few hours down and is harder to remove. Also I can usually press/rub the tape once I stick it down to improve its stick. If these tapes are being a problem for you to remove, maybe you are rubbing them after taping down and can just stop doing that to lower the adhesion?

I personally wouldn't mind all diaper tapes having that good of adhesive, as long as they have a reasonably sturdy taping panel.

Last edited:
I wore MegaMax a few years ago and had the same problem almost every time, I've even had them rip in the center of the landing zone while wearing. They were not tight just snug. I switched to Rearz and have worn several of their models and have only had it happen occasionally when removing. I suspect it maybe a poorer quality landing zone tape on the MegaMax.

Reactions: DL1989
I've had similar experiences. When I'm putting the diaper on or soon thereafter, I can remove tapes from the landing zone to make adjustments in order to get a perfect fit. But later on, especially after I've slept in the diaper overnight, removing the tapes often rips the landing zone. I've compared removing the tape slowly vs quickly; and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Reactions: DL1989
Inconinmiss said:
I've had similar experiences. When I'm putting the diaper on or soon thereafter, I can remove tapes from the landing zone to make adjustments in order to get a perfect fit. But later on, especially after I've slept in the diaper overnight, removing the tapes often rips the landing zone. I've compared removing the tape slowly vs quickly; and it doesn't seem to make any difference.
Same experience, NS customer support said they had no reports of this issue. Seems very common to me based on this thread.

my take on the megamax diaper tapes...

If you put the tapes down and need to reposition right away, not an issue, pull them off an reposition.

Now, after a while, or if you rub them down they are pretty much going to stay there forever.

But, once you put on a diaper, it's not supposed to come off anyhow....and i'd rather have the tapes strong as opposed to any chance of them popping off or even catching if you roll around in bed at night without a cover.

I am IC, but if i can make the bathroom i will, and I can usually get around the side to pee, or can also get them down if needed, not easy but doable, but i also dont have much for hips.

But, the tapes and the diaper hold up great, dont loosen up over time, and never had and issue with them coming loose, and as i rely on them for keeping things dry, i love the fact that i can do that knowing they will stay put.

I have been able to remove the tabs without any ripping sometimes when taking them off, and only use them to wrap up the used diaper anyhow.

But, i love the tapes and the landing zone oon the megamax myself. Just my 2 cents

This happens to me most mornings, especially if i've been sleeping on my front, they get stuck down really well.

I don't mind it though because im taking it off anyway

I wear them a lot and I don’t have this problem. Now, to remove them, I can just slide them down because they‘re taped up above my belly. But I do untape one side after that so I can ball it up for disposal. I love the strong tapes immensely so I worry that they might nerf them if they’re ripping the landing strip.

Back