Mass layoffs & probably canceled events: What happened at ABU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiaperTV

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello,
I found this post from JamesFrost_3 at Twitter:
I am no longer with ABU.

Poor leadership and financial management at the very top lead to them letting go half the team last week. I needed some time to breathe and process before saying anything.

I’ll be ok, but it’s just really sad this happened at all.
According to this post, ABU will not be at the CAPCon (US event). And likely not on other events. I found this facebook post on the official AB Universe page about an unofficial pre-event. This post looks like an indirect confirmation that they also planned to officially be there at the time of writing. People are using other social media posts like this to ask what happened.

On the 8th of februar, ABU posted on FB:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, our US warehouses and stores will be closed this weekend (Feb 10-11th).
Apologies for the inconvenience and we'll be back next Monday (Feb 12th) to pack orders and help customers in our stores!
⭐️
So it's likely that this is a result of the layoffs.

It has been a few days since this happened. However, I couldn't find any official information from ABU and how they want to continue. Did I miss something or does anyone of you know more?
I hope they're not in real trouble. However, firing half of the team is a lot. If this is true, I fear it looks like they're.

Moo said:
This isn't really an appropriate topic to discuss.
ABU should not have to defend their decision to fire an employee. Employees are usually at-will. Even if they wanted to defend their decision they may not be able to due to legal/HR policies. So it isn't really a fair discussion since ABU is probably handicapped in what they can say.
Frankly, its none of our business and the fact that Leems is bringing it up elsewhere reflects negatively on him. OP, the fact that you are importing drama from elsewhere to try to pressure ABU into responding regarding something that should be a private matter reflects negatively on you too.
If @CaseyInDiapers @ABUMichaelUK or @ABUTonyUK want to comment, they can.
But you shouldn't expect them to, as companies, especially small companies, don't usually comment on layoffs, and speculation by uninformed third parties is usually not helpful.
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people want to know, but they have zero obligation to explain, and frankly, they're probably going through a difficult time, so we shouldn't expect an immediate comment even if they do ultimately decide to make a statement.

Reactions: ucfguy475, TigerDL, babywolfboy and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back