Let's talk about different diapers for different body shapes?

TungstenWrist

Longing for something so far out of reach.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
I really don't know much about diapers since I haven't been able to wear yet, but I am curious about if you can get an estimated best bet for what diapers will fit your body type based on things like the brand or number of tapes. I know they cone in different sized but there are other things that contribute to how well it fits. So, I figured opening a new discussion thread where people share any knowledge or personal experience could help anyone here figure out what kinds of diaper would work best for them. As for me, my waist is 35"(89cm) but is very high, and my hips are 44"(112cm) but at basically the lowest part that still counts as hips as far as I know with most clothes and comes after notable hip-dips. I have female parts also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Three years ago I bought a case of high end pull ups. They leaked constantly. The same company’s tabbed diapers were great. I do think that body shape does have an affect .

Reactions: Joediaper and TungstenWrist
Definitely buy the proper sizes for your body. I'm a 32" waist 35" hip with a slender build, and usually can get away with wearing size men's small. Size small diapers just don't have the proper coverage, but mediums are perfect for me. So if you're on the edge size-wise, err on the side of caution and go a size up.

As for tapes I find 4-tape gets the best, closest fit for me. They may take a while to get used to as taping is a skill. Make sure to tape the bottom ones first, then the top. They should be snug but not too tight, or else you'll choke off your thighs and it'll be very uncomfortable to transition between sitting to standing to walking.

If you're a bit heavier 2-tapes may be more comfortable, as I understand that those with wide hips and thighs can get a snugglier fit with the 2 tape. They're less finicky to get positioned correctly, too!

Adult pull-ups are pretty terrible honestly, so I wouldn't even waste money trying. If you want to start with medical diapers stay away from pharmacy brands like Tena and (shudders) Depends. Northshore are the absolute best. I really like Tranquility and Comficare, as they're nice and thick and relatively comfortable. Abena would be the bottom of what I consider acceptable medical diapers, and they have a great price point.

Once you find a good size, I can't recommend actual ABDL diapers enough. Places like ABU, Tykables, Crinklz, and Rearz have amazing products. Back when I had monies I bought a lot from Rearz, as they had a great selection.

Good luck in your journeys! I hope you find it very rewarding :giggle:

Reactions: TungstenWrist
TungstenWrist said:
I really don't know much about diapers since I haven't been able to wear yet, but I am curious about if you can get an estimated best bet for what diapers will fit your body type based on things like the brand or number of tapes. I know they cone in different sized but there are other things that contribute to how well it fits. So, I figured opening a new discussion thread where people share any knowledge or personal experience could help anyone here figure out what kinds of diaper would work best for them. As for me, my waist is 35"(89cm) but is very high, and my hips are 44"(112cm) but at basically the lowest part that still counts as hips as far as I know with most clothes and comes after notable hip-dips. I have female parts also.
It’s worth ordering samples in different sizes from changing times diaper co or wearing clouds.

Back