Not open for further replies.

puddlefeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Do you think it is decently ok to wear a tshirt and shorts like normal, but tuck in your tshirt so your obvious abdl diaper sticks out like a toddler would? It's fun to get looks from time to time, but makes me nervous... guess that's the point of doing it, too!

• Love
Reactions: XavierHutcherson, medfet878 and ChrisK
I get what you mean, and each to their own but I wouldn’t.

Walk past the wrong crowd and who knows how it could escalate

Reactions: medfet878
It would be safe in most parts of the town where I live. In other places most likely not so much, but that will obviously vary from location to location. You also need to bear in mind that there are two kinds of safety, physical and emotional. You might be somewhere where you are safe from physical attacks, but you also need to consider whether you are able to live with people knowing about this part of you, and with the inevitable negative reactions that will occur from time to time.

In my opinion it should be perfectly acceptable for people to be openly ABDL. There have been lots of discussions about boundaries between what is acceptable and what isn't, and the general consensus is that exposing other people to the smell of your bodily excretions without their consent is definitely not OK if it can be avoided in any kind of way. Obviously genuine incontinence is a completely separate issue. Those within the community also need to be aware that this is far more of a taboo topic among the general population than among ABDLs. I would personally not start a conversation about bodily functions with others, but I won't necessarily feel like withholding my own views as an ABDL if someone else brings up the topic.

I've decided that I'm going to be completely open being ABDL if anyone asks me about it, in the same way that I've been prepared to be honest about my incontinence. I'm just assuming that it is going to happen for the first time at some point, so being mentally prepared for that occasion makes it a lot less likiely that I'll suddenly find myself overwhelmed with feelings of unnecessary shame or embarrassment about being 'found out'. I have fought hard for the freedoms that I have, and I'm prepared to continue fighting for even more ways of self-expression. But I also understand that others are in far more difficult positions, and safety is something that is important to consider.

Reactions: medfet878
My main concern would be how often ABDL-ism is conflated with paedophilia. It does seem to be a natural logic jump for someone who is otherwise ignorant. This could put you at serious risk depending on where you are, and your gender/age. I would at the very least opt for plain medical diapers and avoid the baby print.

• Love
Reactions: ChrisK and lilbabyjooce
When I'm in a solid white or medical grade diaper I worry far less if it shows. If people see it they will probably assume a medical need. If I'm in a real juvenile pattern diaper I make darn sure it doesn't show. A 60 year old man in a pink princess or camo would draw some real attention and it wouldn't be positive. In a perfect world I would love to walk in public with my diaper exposed.

Reactions: medfet878 and sissybaby34
Each to their own as said before. Myself it's not something I want others to know about.

Reactions: mistykitty and lilbabyjooce
I think life is too short to NOT be yourself. As long as you’re not going up to normies asking them to change you I don’t think it’s anyones biz what you do.

• Love
Reactions: PooMinara and ChrisK
Treat it like any other kind of underwear. So to the extent that your underwear waistband might peek out when going for a high shelf or something like that, I think it is completely fine.

Anything more than that, No.

Reactions: Tommy10
I find I thrill in showing slightly (peek a boo) waistline. Diaper bulge and crinkle. Not to much but just enough. But only around ppl I'll never see again. Hopefully 😄

Reactions: XavierHutcherson
I'm open about myself to a point, but I couldn't see myself ever doing this.

It is wrongly associated with pedophilia, and there are way too many people out there who are obsessed with pedos to an unhealthy level.

Reactions: mistykitty, blaincorrous, lilbabyjooce and 1 other person
The only way that social change happens is if people fight for it. LGBT people today only enjoy the rights they have because of those who were out & proud in the past. It is important that those who are able to do so in relative physical and emotional safety find the courage to push existing boundaries, not just for themselves but also for future generations.

I would definitely not want to go as far as fully displaying my nappy in public, although I can imagine myself sitting on a beach wearing nothing else but a nappy and a t-shirt if it is in a quiet spot. But I won't let anyone stop me from dressing as childishly as I like. Especially considering that it is currently Pride month where I live (the main celebration is happening the weekend after this coming one). One thing that I've wanted to do for a long time is to wear a petticoat underneath my dress. I love dressing like that at home. But why should it be in any way unacceptable for me to do the same in public? There may be some giggles, mainly from non-locals like foreign language students, and only if I head right to the town centre which I usually avoid. But whenever I've tried something new in the past I've always received plenty of positive comments from people, no matter how 'ridiculous' I thought people would find my outfit. And once you have done something for the first time, it gets so much easier after that.

For me as an autistic person, certain colours, textures etc. are also incredibly stimulating. So wearing whatever stimulates my brain in the right kind of way helps me feel more relaxed and focused around other people and makes it easier to avoid a meltdown from being overstimulated by all the impressions that are outside of my control. How I and other autistic people react to those stimuli is neurological and something that can't be changed. But fears and anxieties are mainly psychological (PTSD aside, which can cause lasting neurobiological abnormalities), and as such can be addressed. Not that anyone should need a reason for dressing however they like, other than their personal preferences. In any case everyone is going to be making their decisions around this issue based on their own individual circumstances. As a famous philosopher once said: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs".

This is subject seen often and often there are support for both sides. Here is my thoughts on this yes it is true you should be yourself yes there are no set rules with wearing and yes there is to each there own. That being said my input would be if an abdl wants to show it through visibly wearing diaper probably not the way to do it people will get the wrong idea want to show it differently while not forcing it on anyone thats ok. Keep in mind that we know what we're doing is ok but others don't and most won't understand and exposure to the really young crowd (children) feels super wrong to me. That being said I'm kind of going to leave it like this you want your diaper to show when wearing fine you do you but there is a time and place for it and in the public eye isn't appropriate for it in my thoughts anyway.

This topic has been brought up in the past ... I'm going to copy-paste my response from last time so I do not have to re-type it.
ABDL is a very very small percentage of the population, and has been misassociated with pedophilia in the minds of many.

"Normies" who see full-blown ABDL out in public get the wrong impression. Images + video end up getting shared on social media, and some behavior gets posted on websites such as KiwiFarms ...
Even in the very confusing acronyms community, which I have disassociated myself a long time ago, ABDL is often times looked down upon as pedophilia.

What would a "normie" who doesn't know anything about ABDL, think if they seen someone out in public in full baby gear? What would the reaction of "normie" parents with young children, be?

Using exhibitionism in an attempt to publicly force people to accept, what they may perceive as pedophilia, can have negative consequences down the road.

Just to add: using incognito mode, do an 'unsafe' Google Image search for "ABDL" ... notice how quickly sexualized images appear in the results? That is how the general public oftentimes perceives ABDL - a sexual fetish.

Reactions: blaincorrous, messydiaper and mistykitty
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back